Author Topic: Early vampire child detector  (Read 15419 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Early vampire child detector
« on: January 25, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »
Contrary to EA's intentions, I've spotted a few ways to determine if a child is a vampire.

If you look at the bottom-right corner of the UI, a vampire has a different shape on the Needs icon than a human does; namely, it's fanged instead of smiling. This can be seen as early as toddler.

There's also the case of how frequent the child's diaper has to be changed when it's a baby; I've only ever had to change the diaper once in 3 days, signalling that it's a vampire.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Early vampire child detector
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »
Thanks for the tips. Apparently it is a 50/50 chance when trying for a baby with a sim and a vampire but I'm having no luck even with the Dark Ley Lines lot trait. On to baby number 5 so let's hope this time we get a vamp.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:33:19 PM »
I must have been lucky then, getting a vampire child on first attempt. I also use the lot trait Dark Ley Lines. @Junan Thanks for the tips :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 03:26:30 AM »
I don't have any lot traits but I got 2 vamp kids. White hair vampire married to a human woman and they got a vampire daughter in first attempt. Maybe it's from trying for a baby in his coffin. :D  The 2nd case is that abducted by alien as I mention in other posting.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 10:13:58 PM »
Just wanted to add to this thread.. You can't always tell if a child will be a vampire or not, just had my child age into a vampire on his teen birthday, his parents are completely normal and other than living with Vlad (his grandpa by marriage) and the lot having the dark ley lines, vampire nexus and good schools lot traits, and living in forgotten hollow, there is no other vampiric influence. so it's a 50/50 chance that two normal sims will give birth to a vampire just from the lot traits.

Edit: Just tested this in forgotten hollow without the dark ley lines trait and again, two parents without any vampiric heritage had a vamp child, that showed no signs of being a vampire during the baby or child stages.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 12:17:13 AM »
I found that if you don't buy your own bassinet, the one the game gives you might give away the baby's occult-- you might just get a generic one, but you might also get one that matches the baby's occult. 
And I just did that for the baby my sims had, spellcaster mother and vampire father.  The game gave me a spellcaster bassinet, but for a couple of seconds after he first appeared, there was a couple of vampire icons over him!  Also, he's quite light-skined, but his thumbnail is very dark.  He might be a hybrid!

Update:  As a toddler, he's definitely a spellcaster.  If Maxis wanted it to remain a mystery until they become Teens, maybe they shouldn't use the unique Needs icon on the toolbar...
Still very interested to see if he also starts becoming a vampire when he reaches Teen though.

Offline goldensu

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 02:52:11 PM »
Hey everyone, thanks for all the interesting tips on identifying future vampire babies!  I'm trying to create a vampire legacy family in Forgotten Hollow, and I'm curious if there are any reliable ways to tell if a baby will be a vampire before they age up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 01:17:57 AM »
If you don't buy a bassinet on your own, forcing the game to give you one, it should match the baby's occult.  Only exception to that is mermaids, they didn't get their own bassinet for some reason.
It only remains a mystery for the newborn stage, anymore.  As soon as they become an infant, it's obvious just by going into CAS.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 09:46:21 AM »
Hey everyone, thanks for all the interesting tips on identifying future vampire babies!  I'm trying to create a vampire legacy family in Forgotten Hollow, and I'm curious if there are any reliable ways to tell if a baby will be a vampire before they age up.

@goldensu
Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your upcoming Vampire Legacy!

anything