Author Topic: [BUG] Empty information bubbles  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
[BUG] Empty information bubbles
« on: January 25, 2017, 10:16:17 PM »
Hey everyone,

I have a weird glitch going on that patches/updates haven't fixed and that's that a lot of the text in the game is missing. I frequently have to refer back to here to find out what the next thing I need to do for aspirations and careers is, and even in build a sim there are icons without the associated text. Some notifications have missing information - it's completely blank.

I'm sorta at wit's end. It's hard to play the game when half the in-game information is missing.

Anyone have any idea of how to fix this? I can't remember if it was happening from the moment I installed it, as I've just picked it up again after a long hiatus, but I'm 90% sure that was the case and the reason I put it down in the first place.

Cheers,
Gabsiela

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Empty information bubbles *Solution*
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:34:10 PM »
This may be part of the empty bubbles bug.

Codes instead of Text/ Empty Bubbles
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/

Note: Players that have Vampires and City Living installed are reporting this issue.

Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p/3903165

Look on last page - pg.54 at time of post. Solution can be found on first page of thread. - Link above.

This bug isn't specific to Vampires or City Living, it's a long standing bug that's been around quite awhile.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
Re: [BUG] Empty information bubbles
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:49:02 PM »
Appreciate that. I don't have any expansions, just the original. I'll take a look.

anything