Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1249140 times)

Offline Poika

• Nooboo
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #5520 on: November 05, 2020, 09:34:13 AM »
Loading new person...
Typing generic introduction...
Randomizing traits and accessories...
Clogging the toilet while thinking about llamas...

Hi everyone! I'm an avid Sims player ever since I discovered the original game in my local library somewhere around 2002. My favorite Sims 2 aspiration is Knowledge, and if I had to describe myself using only Sims 3 traits, they might be Bookworm, Childish, Genius, Loves the Cold and Unflirty.

While I enjoy playing challenges, the average Legacy or Dynasty type bores me, unless it comes with a twist. Asylum, ISBI, Apocalypse? Bring it on!

Right now I mainly play Sims 3 with all major expanions, but switch back to Sims 2 occasionally. I do not own Sims 4.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5521 on: November 06, 2020, 12:31:42 PM »
Welcome, @Poika .

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Poika

• Nooboo
« Reply #5522 on: November 06, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »
Thanks.  8)

I've been lurking on the forums occasionally some time ago, back when there was still a Sims 3 tournament, always thinking one day I'd sign up. Then everything switched over to 4. Guess I missed that particular opportunity, no big deal (might still try some of those out of competition and just for fun).

Carl's guide however is still my go-to place whenever I need to quickly look up some detail.

Offline DruidOfDreams

• Nooboo
« Reply #5523 on: November 13, 2020, 02:49:32 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Amber. I've been stalking this website for a while, but it never really occurred to me that there was a forum to join. But here I am in any case, can't wait to start chatting with my fellow Simmers. Sul Sul!

Offline Koal96

• Nooboo
Hi?
« Reply #5524 on: December 01, 2020, 04:38:30 AM »
Hi there. I am new to The Sims forums and this is actually my first time hanging around here. I am a newbie SimLit writer so i will use the forum mainly for SimLi-related activities probably(And to make friends!).
I am kinda boring, so i won't spend time talking about me for ages. I am 24, italian living abroad, married and i do wedding cakes for a living. Aaaand that is it, pretty much.
Thanks a lot for letting me join!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5525 on: December 01, 2020, 11:00:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Koal96! Wedding cakes sound like fun.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Koal96

• Nooboo
« Reply #5526 on: December 03, 2020, 01:05:03 PM »
Totally! You must have a sweet tooth, there is a lot of frosting to taste all the time to make sure it tastes right sooo ;D ;D ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christhomas

• Nooboo
« Reply #5527 on: December 06, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »
Hello everyone, how are you doing? I have just joined the forum and just wanna say a quick hello to everyone. I hope I am posting in the right section :)

Offline KarateKitten223

• Nooboo
« Reply #5528 on: December 09, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »
Sul Sul! 
I've been playing the Sims since the early days.
It was a birthday gift from my BFF in 2000-2001 I think.  Itvwas shortly after the original release date. She bought it and kept saying I would love it.  Well she truly knows me because 20 years later and I am still playing. 😄 Anywho, I am looking forward to learning from everyone else here.
Awesome guide Carl & Pam. Thank you for getting it up and going. 
Dag Dag!

Offline Joyce1977

• Nooboo
« Reply #5529 on: December 13, 2020, 06:36:33 PM »
Hey From Oregon. Name is Joyce. I've been playing Sims 4 Since March 2020. I enjoy playing games on my Laptop, watching TV/ Netflix. Hanging out with my Cat and Dog.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5530 on: December 14, 2020, 09:12:26 AM »
Welcome all new formers. :)

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5531 on: January 03, 2021, 04:23:06 PM »
Hi, I'm Delo. I casually played Sims 1 and dabbled in the other Sims games over the years. I started to get back into Sims with Sims 4 on Xbox in Sept. of 2018 and I've been playing it sporadically ever since. In Dec of 2019 I finally bought a laptop so now I play almost exclusively on PC.  This is my first time joining a Forum since I tend to avoid social media and drama in general. In fact, I only signed up for a YouTube account so I could subscribe to Carl's Guide. 

I love challenges even if I'm not that good at finishing them! I've completed the 100 baby challenge, the asylum challenge and house 1 of the drifter challenge. Challenges are more fun when you are doing them together so I'm really looking forward to participating in the 2021 Tournament.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5532 on: January 04, 2021, 07:19:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum, @Delokkpsi! Besides the Tournament, we also have several dynasty challenges. One difference between the two is that you can't discuss strategy for the Tournament challenges, but you can for the dynasty ones. So if you're looking for a challenge that others are doing and that you can talk about, I'd recommend the Seven Heroes Challenge. 8 or 9 of us are doing that currently. But the Tournament challenges are shorter, and you can discuss them once the challenge is over, so I'd recommend those, too.

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5533 on: January 09, 2021, 02:17:04 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions @MarianT. I will check out the Seven Heroes Challenge. The dynasty challenges sound like a lot of fun, but I'm finding longer challenges to be a little daunting at the moment. I've started several but I keep abandoning them midway through. I’ll try the shorter Tournament challenges to start.  Are there any rules against doing both challenges at the same time if they are on different save files?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5534 on: January 09, 2021, 04:46:46 PM »
No rules against doing both. You just need to start each challenge with a new file.

anything