Author Topic: Baby Boomer 2017  (Read 26093 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Baby Boomer 2017
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »
I just checked the site -- the random trait generator is working fine now.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2017, 11:53:23 AM »
I just checked the site -- the random trait generator is working fine now.
I see the same. Thank goodness they fixed it! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2017, 09:25:19 PM »
Does the unique skill pertain to the parents as well? Example: if a parent maxes the painting skill than none of the children can count that as there skill.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »
No the unique skill is just the kids.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2017, 08:38:36 AM »
I want to age up a kid and I can't seem to do it with the cake. The kid completed the requierments to age up and I have a cake with candles on it. I can only select: celebrate, place in inventory or put away. Is this new? Do I need to host a birthday party in order to age them up? I thought maybe the celebrate option would age them up, but they just start singing or something and then nothing else happens. Very weird.

edit: hosting a birthday party doesn't work either. My game doesn't allow anyone to age up anymore  :-\ Any solutions?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2017, 08:50:09 AM »
I want to age up a kid and I can't seem to do it with the cake. The kid completed the requierments to age up and I have a cake with candles on it. I can only select: celebrate, place in inventory or put away. Is this new? Do I need to host a birthday party in order to age them up? I thought maybe the celebrate option would age them up, but they just start singing or something and then nothing else happens. Very weird.

edit: hosting a birthday party doesn't work either. My game doesn't allow anyone to age up anymore  :-\ Any solutions?

I've had that problem. Usually a new cake will work, or you can try sending your Sims to another lot and then coming back. If those don't work, you can try aging up the child in CAS.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2017, 08:56:58 AM »

I've had that problem. Usually a new cake will work, or you can try sending your Sims to another lot and then coming back. If those don't work, you can try aging up the child in CAS.

Thanks, a new cake didn't work. I'll try to go to another lot and back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2017, 10:08:48 AM »
I had this problem it resolved if I moved the cake to another table or counter.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2017, 10:22:03 AM »
I had this problem it resolved if I moved the cake to another table or counter.

Rachel

None of the suggestions seem to work unfortunately. My game seems utterly confused. I'm trying to repair it now through origin.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2017, 10:33:20 AM »
Repairing doesn't work either. Can I use the CAS-cheat to age them up? Or are there any other ways to age sims?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2017, 10:38:15 AM »
Repairing doesn't work either. Can I use the CAS-cheat to age them up? Or are there any other ways to age sims?

Absolutely go ahead and use the cheat. *fingers crossed for the rest of your effort* :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »
I had that same problem. I discovered that it had to do with the position of the cake on the table or counter. It was like it was too close to the edge.  When I moved the cake more to the center of the table, or back from the edge of the counter, I had all the interactions available again.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »
I agree with Glazey Lady that trying to move the cake to different surfaces (dining table, counter, bar; you cannot have any other decorative item on the surface) will find you a spot where the candles can be lit.

Ordering cake at a restaurant works, too. You can order the cake right after sitting down, do the candle thing, then pay/leave without ordering anything else.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2017, 03:00:44 PM »
Nothing seems to work, i've tried everything already. Thank you for the input though!

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »
Thanks Metro!

Allright, I aged two sims up in CAS, because the cake doesn't work at all as far as I can see :( (never had this problem before) but now the following has happend: Because I aged them up with CAS the age bar didn't reset and the teens (in this case) will age up to young adults in a few sim days. Should I use the young again potions to reset their age? This challenge is getting more challenging every minute  ::) It works for toddlers though, I can choose the option that someone can help them blow out the candles. So the problems start to show when I have to age up children to teens.