Author Topic: Vampire Cure  (Read 27685 times)

Offline Franki

• Occult
Vampire Cure
« on: March 14, 2017, 07:01:21 AM »
With the Vampire Cure, how do you concoct it?

I checked the bar and everywhere else I could think of but I feel I'm missing the obvious, the guide just says that you need 10 wolfsbane, 10 garlic and 10 plasma fruit but no clues on how to actually make the potion.

Thank You in Advance for the help
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Junan

• Townie
Re: Vampire Cure
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:06:58 PM »
It requires a mixology bar (level 1 will suffice), then simply find it in the list; it costs §1000 when sorted by price. I've got one ready for when my male child Sim becomes a teen.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:25:35 PM »
Just have those items in your sims inventory then click on a mixology bar and choose 'make drink' and the menu will pop up and from there choose (scroll down the menu) which Vampire Lore drink you want to make. They all are available with no mixology skill as they are L1 drinks.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 05:56:05 AM »
@Playalot  and @Junan  Thank You both for the help, knew I was missing the obvious.. now to cause havoc in my current dynasty
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 09:23:08 PM »
Well, something odd happened in one of my saved games (I have few...) the other day. I had redecorated the Wolfsbane Mansion (where the Vatore live) until it was unrecognizable and I regret it, of course. So I bulldozed the lot and placed the original version which I had saved in the library. That's when I noticed Caleb all of a sudden had a vampire cure in his inventory ??? I'm positive he was not in the process of making one when I put him on the street because he didn't have the ingredients. But that's TS4 magic for you, I guess ::)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 11:36:39 AM »
If your lot it registered with the vampire council, I have had them mail me a cure. I am convinced they hate vampires judging by the numerous garlic items and the cure I've gotten from them. Yes I've gotten seeds, plasma packs, and vampire lore books as well, but I seem to get moready garlic then anything until my vampire became immune to it. Then the cure showed up. I sold it like I do for anything that isn't a plasma pack they send.

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 03:12:01 AM »
Hello there everyone  The only way you can make the vampire cure is to be a vampire! All of the ingredients can be bought through the computer however, you have to be a vampire to do so. as someone else has said you only need level 1 of the mixology/bar. The cure consists of 10 wolfsbane, 10 garlic & 10 plasma fruit! I personally have just had the agonizing, frustrating & irritating pleasure of trying to grow all of this stuff myself!! Don't bother, you just need the seeds. Make sure that when they open the pack of seeds you know where they are lol, as I've totally lost them before (don't know how)) I like playing Caleb & Lilith Vatore and I have turned Caleb back into a normal sim before by using a cheat! Don't do it!! lol, It turns him back but the game doesn't recognize he's not a vampire anymore but if you use the vampire cure the game does recognize it! trust me, I've spent many an hour racking my brain trying to figure this out! But I have lol by the way there isn't any spelling mistakes it's cos I'm Australian not American

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 03:17:48 AM »
@Fatbat

Any sim can learn to make the vampire cure by reaching Level 15 Vampire Lore. Being a vampire isn't necessary to mix the drink.

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 03:28:26 AM »
Thank-you for that information  ;) however, you still need the ingredients and I've only made it while I was a vampire & I've never had a normal sim be able to purchase the ingredients or make the drink as it's never shown on the list of drinks for the bar.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 03:57:01 AM »
@Fatbat
I'm a little sleepy now, and I'm sorry that I forgot to welcome you to the forum. Welcome!

Carl has a guide on the Vampire Lore skill here: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/vampires/lore-skill.php
Garlic can be bought at any level by clicking on a garden pot or garden planter. Buying the other ingredients requires Vampire Lore Level 8.

Happy simming.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 05:08:36 AM »
@Fatbat All the ingredients are easily gathered in Forgotten Hollow. No need to waste simoleons on them :) And don't forget that a Sim must research vampire lore on the computer and reading the tomes in order to gain knowledge of the vampire related recipes.

Have fun 8)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:50 PM »
Thanks for your reply Nindigo, at first I thought you could only make the cure if you were a vampire as I've only ever been a vampire when I have done so. I know you can purchase all the ingredients on the computer and have collected ingredients from forgotten hollow, honestly I'm not a patient person lol & it takes to long so much easier to purchase  seeds and be done with it! (at least you don't have to plant the seeds which is even better) As I found out only this afternoon, that if a normal sim has vampire lore 15 they can make the cure however, I tried that and it didn't work until I had all the ingredients anyway. On another note just out of curiosity where are you from? The States? Only asking as I don't know how long your msg was sitting there for. I'm in Australia & as I'm writing this it's Sunday morning 3:25 am. That's not a joke lol! Well, thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post!  ;D sorry, I love smiley faces 

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 11:13:26 AM »
I advise caution when using this drink on a teen; since vampire teens age normally, drinking the cure will not only cure them of vampirism, but also has the effects of a Potion of Youth for said vampire, resetting their days to age up.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 05:52:26 PM »
@Fatbat welcome to the forum. You will probably find the boards on this part of the guide helpful. Click Not so far from you myself, I'm from NZ.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 01:54:40 AM »
Thanks Playalot lol for your post & no you're not to far away at all! From the North or South Island? The Sims 4 is the first time I've played the Sims or any other game on a PC! Therefore it's all new to me, I only started playing last year on PC. Hmmm, it's a whole new game play that's for sure. At first it fascinated me & I was a little mesmerized by it & totally overwhelmed. I've always played the Sims on PS or Wii & they're all different, good points & bad in all platforms. I don't usually post on boards either but I have come across a few things that have stumped me with this game & it's nice to check the boards to see if others are having the same problem & if they have any solutions. And, I must say this seems to be a good board from what I've seen so far & people actually do respond lol  That's a biggy, the only real pet-peeve I have with playing the Sims on PC is all the different packs you have to purchase or you can't go any further! Some packs I really don't care for at all lol, I get the expansion packs but the rest! some it is just rubbish  When they first brought out the Vampire's I just   I didn't care for it at all lol however, now I do play them but lets face it, all that hissing & the stupid growling that just puts me off! And I definitely don't find it amusing either . Sorry! for blabbing on, it's just nice to get that stuff out as none of my friends/family are gamer's & it's so much easier to chat to anyone who knows & understands what the hell you're going on about