Author Topic: cas.fulleditmode!!  (Read 13977 times)

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
Re: cas.fulleditmode!!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 06:04:04 PM »
Does this apply to Sims I download of the gallery and place using from Manage Worlds since it gives me full editing capabilities normally?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 08:21:28 PM »
Yes, premade sims that you download can also have 'left-over' buffs with any previous traits that may have been removed by you on first downloading them or by the original maker etc. This is why in challenges/competitions brand new cas made sims are required. If the sim has never been played and so is a newly made sim in CAS and then you download it... well, I would think that changing the traits wouldn't matter but changing the aspiration trait might.

Some traits don't really seem to leave behind anything much but there are hidden attributes associated with various aspirations traits too so changing those can change how your sim reacts or skills up etc. You can see this in some abilities. For example some sims can knock out Best Seller after Best Seller but others, with seemingly the same traits, really struggle. Much like collecting and fishing, changing the aspiration around even in a new sim while in CAS can have different effects on game play.

It was all explained to me in technical terms, but seeing as I am not particularly technical I have really butchered this reply and explanation. Sorry 'bout that.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
You're answer is perfect.

It seems like the dev's should have made it an easy option to download or create a "clean" Sim.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »
I wish the devs would come clean to the 'secrets' of their coding. I would really like to know what exactly makes a human sim 'delicious' to a vamp so that they get the divine drink moodlet. I can create such pairings in CAS but, again, even with identical sims it doesn't always work. I'd also like to be able to make a sim that loves fruitcake as it is just such a handy food to have your sim love as it never spoils and gives a good moodlet.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to give the trait to the humans I have living with some of my vamps.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
I have a Sim in my main family who loves fruitcake.  I'm not sure why she does, but she's maxed many aspirations.  However, I think she's loved fruitcake for a long time --- even before I turned aging off.  Her traits are: genius, ambitious and good.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »
My fruitcake loving sims have been outdoor, dance machine (teen), jealous creative music-lover, evil jealous confident, there just is no pattern, unfortunately.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 02:56:30 AM »
That's O.K., but I wondered if there was a pattern because the rest of my main family hates fruitcake, and all of the adults have the same traits as the Sim who loves it.  However, it would be cool if there were a pattern :).

If you don't want food to spoil and none of your current Sims don't like fruitcake, have them complete the Master Chef aspiration to get the Fresh Chef reward trait.  Everyone will get good moodlets from the food, as well.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 03:42:32 AM »
Completing the Master Chef aspiration is a good one for sure, loving fruitcake is instant though so this makes it even better especially for a teen runaway play through etc

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 03:57:58 AM »
I didn't think of that challenge, but that totally makes sense :P!

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »
Has anyone tried the traits.remove_trait X cheat this build?

I just started playing again, was trying to create some new Sims, and for some reason am having an issue removing their old traits with the cheat.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2017, 03:18:43 PM »
I haven't but there was always some traits that could never be fully removed like Creative and at time Romantic. Twistedmexi has a list of the traits here (click) as some of the names might be slightly different to in-game.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 12:29:58 AM »
I just came across the cheat traits.clear_traits which appears to get rid of all traits.