Author Topic: Don't Put All Your Collectibles in One Basket  (Read 18725 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Don't Put All Your Collectibles in One Basket
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 08:11:02 AM »
Just to clarify we can only sell collectibles from the 9 collections we are scoring for that household?

Actually, you may sell any collectibles, but you may only count 9 complete collections from each household.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2017, 08:29:38 AM »
Thank you so much, Marian, for clarifying. :)

If anyone else is still confused about something in the rule set - we still have one week before this goes live. So, post your concerns.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2017, 11:12:07 AM »
The only thing is that when you create all three sims at once and then separate them, the game will still consider all of them as playable, because they have been "played." Your rules only indicate to turn off aging for unplayable, which will not stop two of your three sims from aging.  You also need to have Age only active household turned on.  I mentioned this yesterday, but my post was missed.

Thanks, what you said above is what I meant, I worded it incorrectly :)  We must tick 'age only active household'.  Got it.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »
@crstasse I am not a member of the team, so they need to say whether or not this is what they want to be done, which I see they have done in the main rules...so yeah, that's what you need to do.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 06:23:35 PM »
@crstasse I am not a member of the team, so they need to say whether or not this is what they want to be done, which I see they have done in the main rules...so yeah, that's what you need to do.

Which brings up the point that right before the event goes live make sure to reread the rules. The event's rules seems to be changing more than others in the past. But, I do not think there will be any more changes.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 08:26:03 PM »
I just read the changes to the rules, and I will again before I start my scoring file when the event goes live.   

The changes seem like they will make the challenge even better --- I had a pretty good practice file (and I had a good time playing it), but now, I think things will go even better in my scoring file :).

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2017, 04:58:37 AM »
We really do appreciate everyone's patience with us with all the chopping and changing.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pumpkinmelon

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
Great challenge, defiantly will take part in this one!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »
Great challenge, defiantly will take part in this one!

Awesome. :) I just added you to the Baby Boomer leaderboard. Welcome to the forum.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2017, 11:58:00 AM »
In my practice file, the game showed the splash in the middle of the screen for the completion of the fish and garden collections, and in the collection pane, the bar across the fish collection and the garden collection are colored yellow, like other completed collections.  But the fish and garden completed collections counter in the upper right is not being incremented for those because I haven't caught the fish from Granite Falls or acquired the plants from Sixam or Granite Falls. 

So my question is, when are the collections considered complete?  Is it when the game gives you the Completed Collection splash page and colors the bar yellow, or if you own the expansion packs are you required to also collect those items so the counter will increment?

Offline emiwankenobi

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2017, 09:58:35 PM »
Okay. I think I've got it, but I want to make doubly sure before the challenge goes live. These collections do NOT have to be unique, correct?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2017, 06:21:35 AM »
Okay. I think I've got it, but I want to make doubly sure before the challenge goes live. These collections do NOT have to be unique, correct?

Correct. There can be overlap with collections.

In my practice file, the game showed the splash in the middle of the screen for the completion of the fish and garden collections, and in the collection pane, the bar across the fish collection and the garden collection are colored yellow, like other completed collections.  But the fish and garden completed collections counter in the upper right is not being incremented for those because I haven't caught the fish from Granite Falls or acquired the plants from Sixam or Granite Falls. 

So my question is, when are the collections considered complete?  Is it when the game gives you the Completed Collection splash page and colors the bar yellow, or if you own the expansion packs are you required to also collect those items so the counter will increment?

It's when the game gives you the completed collection splash page and colors the bar yellow.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »
Added:

If the game says that a collection is complete, then it's complete. You don't have to have elements that were added by expansions.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »
When my final Sim aged up to Elder, my households had garnered the following income via collecting:

Household A: §29,524

Household B: §32,457

Household C: §28,503

Combined Total for all 3 households:
§90,484

Full Collections: None --- so no multiplier
All 3 of my households almost got 1 collection apiece --- It was soooo close!

Final Total Score: §90,484

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2017, 04:12:26 AM »
Ohh coolsim9999999 you are always so fast :)

anything