Author Topic: Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack  (Read 13298 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 10:12:34 PM »
That was an awesome review that you linked us to, Play 8).  Now, I totally can't want for it to come out tomorrow!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 12:05:04 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem to earn many of the positive traits you must miss play your child and teen sims? With good play most negitive moods can be avoided in both the child sim and those around them, and fights don't happen. This would make the mediator, compassionate, and emotional control traits hard to earn without deliberate subpar play so the child sim gets in fights, is in bad moods, and seeks to put other sims in a negitive headspace with neglect. I will have to play it before I make the call but I don't think I like having to deliberately misplaying to gain negitive moods to fix, starting fights to apologize for them, and misplay my other sims so they have negitive mods to empathize with them. Seems counterproductive at first glance. As I haven't played the GP, maybe I am way off here. I guess I will have to wait and see. Unfortunately it will have to wait to buy it do to an unexpected doctors visit. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »
I think that the Parenting skill (especially as it increases) is in place to ease any disagreements that toddlers, children or teens may have.  Also, in the play through by the Gurus, one family was more understanding and nurturing.  I think that a parent Sim's personality, aspirations and traits will predict how good a parent they want to be --- and they will become even better parents, as they master the new Parenting skill.

For example, in my main family, the household consists of the 2 children's grandparents, parents and aunt and uncle.  The adults are all soulmates, genius, good and ambitious.  The 2 children are whiz kid/genius.  The children hardly misbehave, and the adults very, very rarely argue.  Also, the 3 adult couples are best friends and so are the 2 children.  I really believe that already being best friends will help to alleviate any familial problems that may arise.  I also have aging off for all Sims, so if you do, and your Sims get along well now, then, I don't think this pack will affect them negatively.

I think that if your Sim family has good aspirations and traits (the ones I mentioned above or other positive aspirations and traits) and they get along most of the time, that this pack will only add a few rare times that misbehavior is a problem.  I think that it will add much great gameplay/activities for families to enjoy.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem to earn many of the positive traits you must miss play your child and teen sims? With good play most negitive moods can be avoided in both the child sim and those around them, and fights don't happen. This would make the mediator, compassionate, and emotional control traits hard to earn without deliberate subpar play so the child sim gets in fights, is in bad moods, and seeks to put other sims in a negitive headspace with neglect. I will have to play it before I make the call but I don't think I like having to deliberately misplaying to gain negitive moods to fix, starting fights to apologize for them, and misplay my other sims so they have negitive mods to empathize with them. Seems counterproductive at first glance. As I haven't played the GP, maybe I am way off here. I guess I will have to wait and see. Unfortunately it will have to wait to buy it do to an unexpected doctors visit. :(

Carl has a good guide up on Character Values and how to develop both good and bad traits from them. It looks to me as if you won't have to make your children Sims behave badly to get the good traits, although they may go through phases (which are new). I don't remember all of them, but "picky eater" and "loud" are phases children can go through, and "distant" and "rebellious" are ones for teens. You won't get to pick these. They'll just happen, but they are temporary.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »
Last night, I read Carl's guide about this pack, and I think my Sims can deal with temporary phases 8)!  I guess, during a loud phase, we need to turn down our speakers and not use headphones, as well as teaching the children that they need to "use your indoor voice." :P

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2017, 01:25:03 PM »
Sorry for the lateness of this post, but as you can guess, the Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack is now available on Origin for $19.99

You can find it here: 
The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 05:15:03 AM »
I saw a Tweet where the child was going through a "Bear phase" and was dressed up as a strawberry bear :-) so freaking adorable!!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »
Lololol...yes, the internet is not always the best place to get parenting advice. Lots of good info, lots of horrible people who will tell you whatever you are doing is awful. No matter what it is that you are doing.

ParentingShame.jpg

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2017, 01:04:33 PM »
I was wondering if this came with an improved toddler bed because my toddlers get miserable too quickly.  If it does I might get it.
Cynthia

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2017, 05:19:40 PM »
I was wondering if this came with an improved toddler bed because my toddlers get miserable too quickly.  If it does I might get it.

There's only a couple of new outfits for toddlers.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything