Author Topic: The Race to Immortality  (Read 9986 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Race to Immortality
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 07:10:28 PM »
Broc Lee finished his ambrosia at 9:50 am on Monday of week 2.

His score was 11630

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »

His score was 11630

Great name!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 08:16:19 AM »

His score was 11630

Great name!

Thanks, My granddaughter named him.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »
Hello! My score is missing from the first page.
I posted it right after Metropolis Man's reminder to post our scores by tomorrow. My score: 8751
 :)

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2017, 12:11:30 AM »
Gavin Redmond finished his race for immortality on week 3, Monday at 1:50am = 21230 minutes

Kerry

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 12:18:46 AM »
My sim finished her ambrosia on Thursday, Week 1 at 3:03 AM.

Score = 5463

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 07:20:04 AM »
Hi, rokrchik -- it's been awhile since we've seen you. Thanks for jumping in this one. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 07:46:51 AM »
My Sim ate Ambrosia at the beginning of week 2 -- Sunday, 8:37am.

10117 minutes. Thanks to Lena again for the spreadsheet for those of us math challenged. Lol. *raises hand high*

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 02:36:09 PM »
My Sim ate Ambrosia early in the morning of week 2 - Sunday 5:07 am for a total of 9907 minutes.

Making Ambrosia has always been a favorite of mine. Love all the steps involved in gathering the different ingredients. Extremely fun! Thanks!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2017, 03:43:19 PM »
My sim finished
Week 1 Thursday at 7:31 AM
Thats a score of 5731

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 05:30:02 AM »
This event is now closed. Great job to reggikko on a nice win. :) My aging brain does not remember if this is reggikko's first ever win, but it might be. Thanks to all participants for jumping in this one -- it was a fun event. Everyone is now free to share their strategy.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 07:48:41 AM »
Congratulations on winning @reggikko 8)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »
Congratulations @reggikko !

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »
I initially moved my Sim into Bargain Bend, then used the phone to move to/bulldoze Oakenstead. I chose that lot because both the lily and snapdragon plants are available there and angelfish can be caught on the beach across the street. The key was to avoid leaving the lot at all so that plant growth times were not interrupted. I chose the Homey and Great Soil lot traits. Great Soil increases the speed at which plants grow. I'm not sure of the exact percentage, but it's significant.

After moving in, my Sim immediately went to San Myshuno and bought a pomegranate from the fruit vendor. This was the only time he left the lot. He got home, planted the pomegranate, took a citrus soak bath with incense burning (12 hr focused moodlet) and then joined the Garden Gnomes. He started a club gathering and chose the "fish together" option on one of the fishing signs near the lot. Once the club started heading over to fish, I cancelled the action on my Sim and had him read gardening books until he got to Level 5. He did stop reading briefly when the snapdragon sprouted a flower, harvested and planted that. He then joined the group fishing. At some point while fishing, the club had enough points for Rally the Troops, which enabled them to continue fishing until my Sim caught an angelfish. By the end of the first day, my Sim had gotten gardening to Level 5, had caught an angelfish, and had spliced the lily/snapdragon.

I spent a lot of time watching plants with the camera zoomed in on them so I could complete actions as soon as they were available. As soon as the lily and snapdragon were ready, I took a cutting from the lily and spliced it to the snapdragon on my lot. As soon as the grafted plant sprouted an orchid, I had my Sim plant it, grafted pomegranate to orchid, etc. I seldom ran my game on fast speed because I didn't want any time to pass between when an action was available and when my Sim could do it.

I next joined the Upper Crusts for the cooking and gourmet cooking boosts, although this probably wasn't necessary since those skills build so quickly anyway. While in a club gathering, my Sim cooked and I used Nutella's trick of mining cooking for satisfaction points, plus completing Master Chef milestones, so I could purchase the Green Thumb reward. Great Soil + Green Thumb makes plants grow really fast. I wasn't worried about spending the points for Green Thumb because I knew I had a couple of days to make up the 1500 points for the Potion of Youth and I could easily get those points by satisfying cooking whims. Once I got the points for the potion, it was just a matter of time waiting for plants to grow. I set up an easel and had my Sim paint while right next to the plants and the very moment a death flower sprouted he quickly harvested it, cooked his ambrosia, and ate it.

I should mention that as soon as I got Green Thumb, I had my Sim talk to all of his plants because the effect starts once the Sim interacts with a plant. I wasn't sure if talking would count, but nothing was ready for watering or weeding so I figured I may as well talk to them in case it did work!