Author Topic: 2017 Tournament Finale: What Do You Want to Do When You Grow Up?  (Read 18596 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
2017 Tournament Finale: What Do You Want to Do When You Grow Up?

Goal
Settle in and get comfy because you'll be playing through three life stages as you try and complete as many different Aspirations as possible. Though not a complicated event, this 2017 Tournament Finale will nonetheless require some effective planning given your two Sims can never work on the same Aspiration.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs is banned.
  • Create one Teen (must be Human and can never change) and a YA (may be any life state).
  • Do not change the default Roommate status in the Edit Relationship tab.
  • You must choose the Private Dwelling lot trait and the debug cheat to purchase a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Your Sims are allowed to move.
  • Do not use Manage Worlds to move -- only use a phone. Both your starting Sims must stay in the same house.
  • Household additions are restricted to your YA getting pregnant once. Your Teen cannot get pregnant.
  • All Aspirations must be unique to each Sim (i.e. if one Sim works on Bodybuilder, even temporarily, then Bodybuilder cannot be touched by the other Sim).
  • Offspring can also work on Aspirations, but you only score your starting two Sims.
  • Switching around Aspirations before completing them is fine, BUT be very careful because of the above rule. If you accidentally have one Sim work on an Aspiration that the other has worked on, then you'll need to post your score at that point.
  • This challenge ends when your Human Teen ages up to Elder.

Scoring

Completed Aspirations - 1000 points for any completed Aspiration.

Partial Aspirations - If a Sim was not able to finish a certain Aspiration, but completed...
Milestone I = 100 points. Milestone II = 200 points. Milestone III = 300 points.

Example: Teen Sim completed 4 aspirations and reached Milestone II of 3 for 4600 points. YA Sim completed 3 aspirations, reached Milestone I of 5 and Milestone III of 2 for 4100 points for a total of 8700 points.

Here's a helpful spreadsheet for scoring assistance. Thank you, Lena.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “Oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, LenaLJ, Trip, sdhoey, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                              Completed Aspirations     Partial Aspirations     Total     
cyclonenic                            31000--31000
GlazeyLady                            31000--31000
LenaLJ                            3000030030300
lesleyj42                            3000020030200
reggikko                            2800070028700
HelenP                            22000180023800
Whimsical Peanut                            16000280018800
Metropolis Man                            17000140018400
Eighty8Keys                            15000300018000
JocyMc                            10000280012800
sdhoey                            10000160011600
WriterJunkie                            8000290010900
MomOfMany                            6000420010200
MysteryGem                            500033008300
coolsim9999999                            400042008200
CynKuy                            500022007200
Eurritimia                            300020005000

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2017 Tournament Finale: What Do You Want to Do When You Grow Up?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:52:02 PM »
Added the following rule just now...

• Offspring can also work on Aspirations, but you only score the starting two Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:21 AM »
2 question:

1. (noob question probably) - if pets are not allowed does that mean we cannot buy it before challenge is over? What if we land a sweet sweet deal ?  :-\ Probably there is a way to buy it but not use it and I am anxious to know about it.

2.  "All Aspirations must be unique to each Sim" rule does not count the offspring right? So both the YA/Teen and the new addition to the household can work on the same aspiration. Let's say Bodybuilding for the YA and the offspring would still count as unique for the YA?

Cheers,
MP

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:32:39 AM »
1. You can have the pack, but not use any items or features from it. For example, if it comes with new skills, aspirations, etc. You could not use those during the challenge.

2. I think as long as there is no overlap between the teen and YA you're good.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:54:39 AM »
2 question:

1. (noob question probably) - if pets are not allowed does that mean we cannot buy it before challenge is over? What if we land a sweet sweet deal ?  :-\ Probably there is a way to buy it but not use it and I am anxious to know about it.

2.  "All Aspirations must be unique to each Sim" rule does not count the offspring right? So both the YA/Teen and the new addition to the household can work on the same aspiration. Let's say Bodybuilding for the YA and the offspring would still count as unique for the YA?

Cheers,
MP

1. You can buy it, but because it will be new and so any new skills or aspirations that come with it, we have not had a chance to test out the game play yet, so it is not allowed.

2. Yes, the Ya can work on Bodybuilding and so can the offspring of the YA, but not the teen roommate.

The teen is NOT the offspring of the YA, teen is a roommate.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:39 AM »

1. You can buy it, but because it will be new and so any new skills or aspirations that come with it, we have not had a chance to test out the game play yet, so it is not allowed.

2. Yes, the Ya can work on Bodybuilding and so can the offspring of the YA, but not the teen roommate.

So if I buy and install it what can I do to not have it for the challenge? Is there any option anywhere to disable a certain pack? Or do I just not get the pets / aspirations?

Cheers,
WP

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 11:56:11 AM »

So if I buy and install it what can I do to not have it for the challenge? Is there any option anywhere to disable a certain pack? Or do I just not get the pets / aspirations?

Cheers,
WP

LenaJ's spreadsheet has all the aspirations that you can use on it. No other aspirations are on it.  In Buy/build mode, you can "filter items" there you can uncheck any packs, and EP's. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »

Cheers,
WP

I can't remember if there is an unistall option on Origin. See if there is -- obviously there's no risk with you needing to buy it again. Origin knows you paid for it -- you'd just be unistalling banned content while you run your scoring file.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 05:26:38 PM »
YouTube search TheSimSupply and he has a video to show you how to disable packs. I believe he even has a gadget on his website to help.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 06:08:03 PM »

LenaJ's spreadsheet has all the aspirations that you can use on it. No other aspirations are on it.  In Buy/build mode, you can "filter items" there you can uncheck any packs, and EP's. 

The Grilled Cheese aspiration is not on the spreadsheet.  In a previous PM, Lena indicated that it was just missed.  Can we add it, or is it not allowed?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 06:39:37 AM »
Added the following after a potential exploit was brought to the team's attention (thank you, reggikko):

• Do not use Manage Worlds to move -- only use a phone. Both your starting Sims must stay in the same house.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 10:00:11 AM »

The Grilled Cheese aspiration is not on the spreadsheet.  In a previous PM, Lena indicated that it was just missed.  Can we add it, or is it not allowed?

@GlazeyLady --- The Grilled Cheese aspiration is on the spreadsheet now :).  I just checked the most current version.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 03:38:52 PM »
What if the YA dies before the teen ages to elder? Do we continue with just the "teen"?

Cheers,
WP

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 03:45:35 PM »
What if the YA dies before the teen ages to elder? Do we continue with just the "teen"?

Cheers,
WP

Excellent question and you are correct. It's not "game over" -- but, you would not be able to make a scoring Sim replacement since scoring is limited to your two starting Sims.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 01:31:43 AM »

Cheers,
WP

Excellent question and you are correct. It's not "game over" -- but, you would not be able to make a scoring Sim replacement since scoring is limited to your two starting Sims.

So, would the sim that passed previous accomplishments be able to be scored? Or if the die, nothing they did counts?

anything