Author Topic: Can someone tell me where I can start a sim story?  (Read 3512 times)

Offline skellypilots

• Walking Paintbrush
  • Nooboo
Can someone tell me where I can start a sim story?
« on: October 28, 2017, 09:25:32 PM »
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can start writing a sim story based on my sims, I wasn't sure if there was a specific place I need to put my story so if anyone can tell me, I would much appreciate it! Thanks! :P
Been doing algebra for about 3 years now, still completely clueless as to why we need it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Can someone tell me where I can start a sim story?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 10:15:57 PM »
There are two different boards, depending on whether you want to write a story for The Sims 3 or The Sims 4.

Then, once you've figured out the game, you pick another board based on what type of story you're writing.
There are different boards for this forum's dynasty challenges and Pinstar's legacy challenge and other miscellaneous challenges.

To post a Sims 3 story (Sims 3 - Stories and Member-Created Challenges)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

To post a Sims 4 story (Sims 4 - Stories and Member-Created Challenges)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?board=73.0

Rules for Stories
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=5546.msg112942#msg112942

There are forum rules as well on per-update/post image limits (25 images) and narrative content.
I'm not familiar enough with Sims 3 to provide you with links, though, so I'll wait for a moderator to come along and help you with that.

Best wishes!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skellypilots

• Walking Paintbrush
  • Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 10:26:56 PM »
Okay, thanks! I have been planning a story based on one of my family's for a long time and I had considered writing in on wattpad but there wouldn't be as much of a sims fan base on there as much as there is on here so I decided it would be a good idea to write it on here :)
Been doing algebra for about 3 years now, still completely clueless as to why we need it.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 02:46:04 AM »
Also, you could post your story on a blog using WordPress or Blogger, and post links to your stories in the stories threads here. This allows you to circumvent the picture limit :-) But, for the most part, everyone just posts here and splits multi-picture chapters into 2 or 3 parts.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*