Author Topic: Cullling Mechanics and Favourited Households  (Read 16570 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Cullling Mechanics and Favourited Households
« on: November 09, 2017, 10:47:24 PM »
*Updated: June.2019*

Culling Mechanics - Game Update: 6/18/2019 – PC 1.52.100.1020 / Mac 1.52.100.1220

In a nut shell, the culling system allows players to pick and protect their sims from culling. Culling will still happen but now you can choose which sims or ghosts will never be culled.

The total population cap is now 800 as of the Island Living Expansion. *(See posts below for any updated info)

Click on images to see larger view:

Go to: Options > Game Options > Gameplay and look for Maximum Sim Count and choose from 80 up to unlimited from the drop down list.

Note: A higher limit on Sims could lead to an increase of load times, especially on slower machines.

• Now households/sims can be placed into 'My Households'/favorited. This creates a pool of sims that are 100% safe from culling and any skills or relationship losses.
  • Protecting sims/ghosts in 'My Households' also ensures these protected sims will not lose skills or relationships.

• The maximum number on the new culling system refers to the maximum number of sims you can place into 'My Households' and protect from culling.
  • The Unlimited option for the Maximum Sim Count feature means you can add unlimited Sims to 'My Households', and make them protected. But they still need to be manually added to My Households.  (note this setting is not recommended)
  • Housed sims that are not in 'My Household' can be culled once the games limit is reached.

• When this happens your sim will get a notification that their friend has moved - if they had a relationship.
  • Dead sims need to be moved back into 'My households' to be protected as dead sims are automatically unfavorited.
  • Ghosts will now no longer disappear from family trees when they are returned to the netherworld or culled by the game.
  • Housed dead sims will now spawn an urn or a gravestone even on an unplayed lot, even if they are NPC's you've never played and even if you are not on the lot when they die.
  • There is a countdown on the graves 90 days(hidden game mechanic).
  • When this is countdown is at 14 days the gravestone will get a new interaction called 'Strengthen Connection to the Physical World'
  • This allows you to keep the ghost in the game for longer. In game terms, it resets the counter on the gravestone back to 90 days.
  • If you do not choose this the ghost will be culled/returned to the netherworld - the timer will expire.
  • To further protect a newly made ghost they can be moved into a house (their original household if you want) and then put into 'My Households'.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New Cullling Mechanics and Favourited Households
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 04:01:20 PM »
Note: The new total population cap is now 675 as of the Seasons Expansion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:27:22 AM »
Note: The new total population cap is now 800 as of the Island Living Expansion

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 10:26:51 PM »
How does this affect ID play and are there are new rules regarding this?  I understand one can "repopulate once per generation" but am unclear what that exactly means regarding this and no using the Manage Worlds rule.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 06:58:28 AM »
How does this affect ID play and are there are new rules regarding this?  I understand one can "repopulate once per generation" but am unclear what that exactly means regarding this and no using the Manage Worlds rule.

The Manage Worlds screen is off limits unless you need to evict ghosts from households or re-populate town (more rules below
Joria this is all covered in the rule Under the Manage house holds.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22195.msg394380#msg394380

If you need to repopulate  your town, then manage worlds is ok. But only during your repopulating.

Shannon

anything