Author Topic: [BUG] Can't breed?  (Read 12961 times)

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
[BUG] Can't breed?
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:38:46 AM »
My two dogs (male and female) won't breed. :(
My sim is friends with both of them, they both have love hearts coming out of em (don't know if this matters). I click encourage to breed, but every time i try to do this, it doesn't work & my sim gets a sad moodlet from failure to breed! What am i doing wrong? Is this a glitch?
I didn't fall! I simply attacked the floor with my awesome ninja skills!

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't breed?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 01:52:40 PM »
Not sure if this is all part of the same bug/glitch but worth checking out this bug report (click) Sounds like there are a few problems around pet breeding.
Make sure you have tested in a new game with no cc and no mods before reporting any bug though.  :) Many mods and some cc were broken in the most recent patch.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:47:23 PM »
You could check that one of them hasn't been spayed?

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »
You could check that one of them hasn't been spayed?

I have no cc, I tried on a new save with different dogs and it worked?? They're both not spayed. It seems as if the dogs just don't like eachother? Is that possible? When i encourage to breed they start growling at eachother instead of the breeding cutscene. Not totally sure it's a glitch anymore.
I didn't fall! I simply attacked the floor with my awesome ninja skills!

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »
You could try to encourage them to be friendly by using the interaction on a pet 'be friendly to...'. Maybe the pets do need some level of friendship first, would make sense I guess.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Awww, that's too bad if your new pair of dogs won't breed because they don't want to. :(
Did your new dogs have different traits than your last pair? I'm eager to have a litter of puppies, tooooooooo! lol.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Can't breed?
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »
My sims chows just had two puppies, they are so cute. So far, none of the dogs have made messes in the house.  You can tell when your pet wants something in their thought bubble.  I really like the vet career so far, finally got green stars.  Overall, I think they did a good job on this, just wish people were not having so much trouble with it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything