Author Topic: Multiple Housholds  (Read 2689 times)

Offline LittleSimsCraft

• Nooboo
Multiple Housholds
« on: November 26, 2017, 12:03:33 AM »
Hello! I've been playing The Sims 4 on console since it has come out and I have a problem. I currently have 4 different households that I want to correctly acknowledge each other. If I load them up, the other households may not exist to one another or progress I've made on them is absent. How can I synch these up properly?

House 1 is in Willow Creek
House 2 is in Willow Creek
House 3 is in San Myshuno
House 4 is in Forgotten Hollow

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Multiple Housholds
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 12:11:04 AM »
I don't know if I'm understanding your question correctly. But it sounds like you want your Sim households from PC to basically move to the console edition?

If so, that's not possible due to pc files aren't compatible with the console edition.  You'll want to recreate each family. If you want them to know each other, you need to make sure they're in the same saved game as each other. Basically all families need to be in 1 saved game.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LittleSimsCraft

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 12:18:03 AM »
All of my houses are from console edition, they just don't know that they exist?

For example, my vampire (4) can only visit an empty lot when he travels to where 2 & 3 are. But he can go to a very old version of 1 where some family members haven't moved out and have way less progress.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 12:30:15 AM »
Ah okay, it sounds like your families maybe in different saved games. If so, you'll want to save each household to the Library and then put them into one saved game. This way they can get to know each other, even if you move them to different towns within that saved game.

If you've been playing awhile, you may want to make sure the game isn't deleting or culling them. I don't know if the console has the new culling system or not. If it does, you might want to read the post linked below for more details.

New Cullling Mechanics
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29133.msg472099#msg472099
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline LittleSimsCraft

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 12:34:26 AM »
Would the one (multiple household) save appear as a single save? And then to choose the others, I just "manage households" and go to whatever world the next household is in?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 12:42:10 AM »
Yes, the multiple household save should appear as a single save. However, you will either need to use Manage Worlds to "travel" to the different towns or use the phone to travel.

Offline LittleSimsCraft

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 12:45:09 AM »
I'm gonna try to do this now, bless you for responding at an inconvenient time 😅

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LittleSimsCraft

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 01:17:34 AM »
I can save the lots and Sims to my library separately, does this mean my Sims will lose progress on their skills and careers? Or is there an option to save my household(s) as if they were one of the households that already existed in the game?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 01:27:06 AM »
Your Sims shouldn't loose their skills or careers. When you save them to the library, they save as is, all skills and career.

Offline LittleSimsCraft

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 02:17:08 AM »
This is going to sound silly but I can't put my sims in their house because they can't afford it....am I really gonna have too start over with their homes?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 02:38:11 AM »
Not really start over, but move them into a temporary place until they can get enough money to afford the place you made for them. Or use a money cheat.

kaching gives $1000 Simoleans
motherlode Gives the family $50,000 Simoleans

The Sims 4 Cheats
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php

Offline LittleSimsCraft

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 02:59:42 AM »
Cheats disable trophies 😭 I think I'm gonna just give those up for my houses.....thank you for your help.

Offline flawed Sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 10:08:11 AM »
 It’s definitely a bit of an adjustment getting used to save files being an entire world rather than one family. It’s for better, but the confusion is compounded by the fact that the thumb nail is of the last family you played makes it look like it’s a single-family save

Cheats disable trophies 😭 I think I'm gonna just give those up for my houses.....thank you for your help.

Houses can be uploaded to the library and put down on an empty lot so that you can buy them when you can afford them.

I am disabled. I use speech recognition because it is far easier and less time-consuming than typing. Please forgive any typos or inconsistencies due to this.