Author Topic: Adding Music?  (Read 13918 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Adding Music?
« on: December 18, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »
Hello all!

can you help me to add my own music to the sims 4? I don't seem to have a custom music folder so I was going to use the pop or alternative folder, but I have NO way of copying and pasting my music in because the game is loaded in full screen. is there a way to minimize my screen so in can the copy and paste?  thanks!

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Adding Music?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:07:06 PM »
Updated: Sept.21.2018

There is now a Custom Music folder in the Sims 4 folder that is created by default.
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music

Here's a how-to add music to Sims 4 from the Wikia site:

The Sims 4 - How to Add Music
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Adding_custom_music

I may not be able to troubleshoot any problems, as I've never tried adding music to the game.

-----

Original post below spoiler tag
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 03:31:09 PM »
Mrs. Flynn I did all the steps you mentioned and it is still not able to be done but I am not really concerned that much about it. just thought that it could be done because I did it one time before a little while ago. just not able to now. will have to just listen to sims music. not a problem.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 03:39:13 PM »
i'm back again with the answer to add your custom music to the sims 4. I don't give up so easily  ;D. you go to your documents folder and then electronic arts folder click on that and then there will be a sims 4 folder click that and a custom music folder should be there, choose which station you want to use and this is where you can add your own music! problem solved!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »
A simpler solution...and I'm sure I am not the only gamer that regularly does this -- go into Options to turn off game music, and just enjoy your iTunes, Spotify playlists...whatever your music program is. :) It's funny when I am in a carnage mode and playing Diablo III and big band music is in the background!

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 10:52:58 PM »
good to know this for next time! thank you

anything