Author Topic: 2018 Handiness World Championships  (Read 36374 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2018 Handiness World Championships
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2018, 05:07:58 PM »
Didn't remember what happens if you simply run out of time so decided to post it anyway :)

I am so glad you posted a score anyway. Thanks. :) But, oh, no! I wonder what Handy Andy would have scored if he had taken all the time? How many days did you have?

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2018, 05:24:26 PM »
He was still in his prime, 4 days to becoming an adult.
Too bad his watcher had to work so much every day that she was only thinking of sleeping & eating when work was over.

I didn't even finish the test run had no time  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2018, 05:37:01 PM »
Oh, well. Yeah, you're such a proven and solid player that my brain read 1.4 million when I looked at your score. Hehe.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »
Too bad his watcher had to work so much every day that she was only thinking of sleeping & eating when work was over.

Good thing he never reached Elder as we were only allowed to Adult anyway. It's a shame you don't have a couple of hours the rest of today to get those last 4 days in? Hope you get a chance to recover and enjoy a bit of non- work/bio break  activities soon after all that working @Whimsical Peanut .

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2018, 06:19:49 PM »

Good thing he never reached Elder as we were only allowed to Adult anyway. It's a shame you don't have a couple of hours the rest of today to get those last 4 days in? Hope you get a chance to recover and enjoy a bit of non- work/bio break  activities soon after all that working @Whimsical Peanut .

Loool. I mixed Handiness challenge with the toddler one (which I didn't test yet  :o ) but when I posted the score was already midnight for me :)
I will have a 10 day vacation in 3 weeks so I will just have to bare with it a bit more and hope it doesn't drive me insane, thank you for the kind thoughts  :D

Cheers,
WP

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2018, 06:58:45 PM »
Mabel had completed 59 unique upgrades when she aged up to an adult.

Household funds: 630,920

630,920 * 2.18 = 1,375,405

I might have waited until the last weekend to do this one, but I do love a good money-making challenge!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2018, 07:38:15 PM »
We need one more to hit 50 participants. Anyone have a sibling or child who has a few hours to do the challenge? There's still 4 1/2 hours for people on the east coast of the US.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kirstie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2018, 10:37:39 PM »
I ran out of time but I still wanted to post my results from my score file.

I had 74684 simoleans with 14 unique upgrades.

74684 * 1.28 = 95595

- Kirstie

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2018, 06:16:17 AM »
This event is now closed.

Wow. Great job, everyone! 50 players. You have no idea how that makes me feel, seriously. Marian hops in the thread yesterday evening encouraging one more player to post a score and lo and behold Kirstie posts a partial score later to bring the total field to 50. Awesome. :)

So, on to this event. This challenge was unquestionably one of those "rinse and repeat" types of events. You had to know that the mascots were your golden tickets and then you needed an iron stomach and just cranked those suckers out. But, here's the thing that I (and probably others had to struggle with) questioned myself -- do I just say the heck with ramping up the multiplier and crank out more mascots or do I sacrifice making the most possible mascots and do what needs to be done to increase the multiplier? Before the pros for this event speak out I will link the challenge from two years ago because a lot of what I personally did was laid out already, so honestly, it was not too difficult. I just could not execute as other players which I expected anyway. Lol. Great job, cyclonenic. Oh, speaking of the champ -- cyclonenic messaged the team yesterday explaining her write-up may come a day late due to job interviews coming up. But, everyone can now share strategy. And good luck with your interviews, Nic. :)

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2018, 07:10:46 AM »
Thanks Metro, one job interview out of the way and one cancelled due to snow here so i have time to post my strategy :)

Well done to everyone who participated, especially those that were biting at my heels in the scoring. I have a feeling this will be an interesting year on the leaderboard!

My strategy:
Start on lowest cost lot- Pebble Burrow, Oasis Springs.
Start with Nerd Brain for (a) Quick Learner bonus (b) Handy – instant upgrade/ 24 hours.
Start with Happy boosting traits- I chose LTO, Good, Cheerful.

Want certain traits asap to ensure maximum worth from woodworking. I preferred in this order: Always Welcome (500), Morning Sim (1K), Night Owl (1K), Carefree (3K), Marketable (1.5K), Independant (2K), Frugal (2K).
Use rest of reward traits on instant hygiene and instant fun. Until last few days when use moodlet solvers.

To get reward points, would normally go for Soulmate strategy BUT for this challenge you want Nerd Brain finished as the Handy reward trait gives ALL upgrades on a particular object instantly and you can use it once every 24 hours. Saves a ton of time for getting those unique upgrades which you can spend on woodworking.

Nerd Brain gives you 5K. Can get the rest naturally through Leader of Pack aspiration up to talk about club to 5 members and Fabulously Wealthy up to $50k in household funds. Also whims- friendly interaction (25). earn $100 (25), earn $500 (50), earn $1k (75), make sculpture (25) and make camping mascot (50). I kept on F Wealthy until I had earned $190K to get those easy whims, then switched to L of P until I was safely over the earn more than $200K, then to Nerd Brain to get sculpture/mascot whims come up.

Also want to utilise clubs, with these perks especially: Rally the Troops. Focus lvl 1, Handiness Boost, Logic Boost, Happiness lvl 2 and 3 (also got Confidence lvl 3 and 4 as you will see later).

I started by placing Hogans Burger Bar and the Perfect Balance Spa in Newcrest for access to upgradable objects I could not get elsewhere.

I then started in Pebble Burrow with the Lot Traits: Private Dwelling and Science Lair (for R Sci and Logic for Nerd Brain) and the Satellite to prevent abductions.

I bought a computer and desk and purchased Logic Book 1 & 2 and Handiness Book 1. I called the Repair person over for an imaginary repair and whilst waiting for them to arrive created a “Handy” club with activities “Be Friendly” and “Play Chess”. When they arrived I invited them to join (to take advantage of the mentoring of Handiness).
During my testing I had learnt that Lily Feng had level 9 Logic, the pancake house had a woodworking table and a lot of upgradables and Behr and KaroakeLegends had upgradables I needed too (such as the talking toilet and microwave) so I immediately added Lily and Eliza P to the club and then visited Candy B and Miko O to ask them to join.

After that I went to Oasis Park to complete NB part 1 which I did by 1st Monday 9:13am. I did it in this order- Read Logic Book 1, Read Handy Book 1, Played Chess with Lily (to get her to level to 10 asap) to Logic 4 then Logic Book 2. Between Logic 4 and Book 2 I got the life saving RTT club perk.

I then stopped the club and briefly went to my house to get upgrade parts then went to the Pancake house to do part of NB part 2. Restarting the club with “Be Friendly” and “Watch TV” and “Play Video Games” to keep everyone out of the way. First I made a horse sculpture then I got mentored by Daichi the Handyman to upgrade Sink with Sturdy Faucets.
Stopped club again and moved it to my house where “Science Lair” was kicked in with a Chess table and 2 chairs added to my lot. Played chess with Lily until “Mentor” came up then played on my own with Lily mentoring me. NB part 2 completed at 8:29PM Monday evening. (Club Activities “Be Friendly and Play Video Games”)
Stayed on lot for NB part 3 where I got the club to help build a Rocket then I upgraded with Landing Stabilisers. During test run I found that launching missions was faster than upgrading so then did 4 missions. Used the guide from the SulSul challenged last year (I think GlazeyLady linked us to it) so I knew the paths that would lead to ending early and avoiding money gains. This was finished 1st Tuesday 10:56AM.

I then hopped back to Pancakes to complete level 5 Handiness and fix/upgrade 5 objects (got lvl 5 handiness part way through an upgrade so one upgrade counted in both NB part 2 and 3 :) ). Completed by 7:14PM Tuesday.

For the final bit of NB part 4 I went back to my home with the Club and got Lily to mentor me to Level 10 Logic (Club Logic Boost + MS/NO + QL + Lily Mentoring= win!).
Completed Nerd Brain at 3:17AM Wednesday.

Went immediately to Vatore house to upgrade their dishwasher with Instant Upgrade – 4 upgrades in <10 mins).

I then did upgrades at Pancake and Feng house within club with Daichi mentoring until Level 10 Handiness (1st Wednesday 11:36AM).

Next came the woodworking strategy.
I immediately spent $111 for 1 day in the campgrounds at Granite Falls and learnt the schematic for the Camping Mascot then went home again. I switched to Homey and Home Studio from Science Lair.

After that it was Camping Mascots galore with intermittent Instant Upgrades and normal upgrades until becoming an Adult at 8pm 2nd Friday.
I did most of the upgrades via peoples houses or the Diner/Spa. Those things I needed to buy I waited until after the 10AM bill on the 2nd Monday.

My breakdown in funds accumulated was as follows:
At midnight:
Wednesday $35,950
Thursday $95,158
Friday $166,351
Saturday $231,251
Sunday $311,521
Monday $391,021
Tuesday $460, 309
Wednesday $528, 032
Thursday $605,122
Friday 8PM $664,407.
I averaged about $3K per camping mascot through keeping well buffed and high needs.
95% of the time after completing Nerd Brain and making my first camping mascot I had the following buffs:
+2 So Handy (focused moodlet, from lvl 10 handi and making woodwork item), +2 Fresh Air (LTO trait), + 1 Homey trait, +1 Good Vibes (from being near club members with Good trait), + 3 Comradery (+3 happy club), + 1 Decorated (from horse sculpture and c.mascot) with added +1 Feeling Happy (from Cheerful trait), +1 from MS/NO.

Note: to fully utilise the Instant Upgrades I chose the objects with as many upgrades as I could (some objects did not work with Instant Upgrade in my testing like The Talking Toilet).

I have a google link to all 79 unique upgrades I did and how: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQAIevfSqRkG4cK7NiLpdXBvXlc21JIeFr6icT6BSss/edit?usp=sharing

Really looking forward to see if i missed any upgrades and how christina managed $710K!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2018, 08:08:23 AM »
Congratulations @cyclonenic! And a big thank you to @Kirstie for putting us over 50! I'm amazed at how many people were able to go over 1 million with this. It's going to be an interesting year.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:32 AM »
I didn't complete Nerd Brain.  I did all the upgrades myself, and I just wanted to point out that on the dishwasher and the sauna, it is impossible to do all the upgrades on just one of them. 

I calculated the upgrades I would complete in a very complicated loss formula.  So in a practice run, I had my sim do every upgrade that I had available to me to see how long they would each take and the price of the upgrade parts.  Then, I had my sim make camping mascots for 24 hours to see how much money could be made per minute.  Obviously, there will be fluctuation with that calculation, but I figured it was the best way to figure out how much loss there would be per minute.  After I had all of that information, I took the time and cost of upgrade parts and calculated how much potential income would be lost to do that upgrade.  Then, subtracted that number from the potential earnings number, which was my sims total in 24 hours, times 11.  Then, multiplied that number by the potential multiplier that would create.  When the numbers started going down, that is the upgrades my sim didn't complete in the real file. 

Also, my sim lived in an apartment for the trash upgrade, and the cheapness of it.

I though about Nerd Brain, but it didn't seem worth it, but it seems as it was.  Congrats cyclonenic! And congrats to the team for the high participation, that is really awesome!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2018, 09:46:57 AM »
I didn't complete Nerd Brain.  I did all the upgrades myself, and I just wanted to point out that on the dishwasher and the sauna, it is impossible to do all the upgrades on just one of them. 

I calculated the upgrades I would complete in a very complicated loss formula.  So in a practice run, I had my sim do every upgrade that I had available to me to see how long they would each take and the price of the upgrade parts.  Then, I had my sim make camping mascots for 24 hours to see how much money could be made per minute.  Obviously, there will be fluctuation with that calculation, but I figured it was the best way to figure out how much loss there would be per minute.  After I had all of that information, I took the time and cost of upgrade parts and calculated how much potential income would be lost to do that upgrade.  Then, subtracted that number from the potential earnings number, which was my sims total in 24 hours, times 11.  Then, multiplied that number by the potential multiplier that would create.  When the numbers started going down, that is the upgrades my sim didn't complete in the real file. 

Also, my sim lived in an apartment for the trash upgrade, and the cheapness of it.

I though about Nerd Brain, but it didn't seem worth it, but it seems as it was.  Congrats cyclonenic! And congrats to the team for the high participation, that is really awesome!

Christinal i did not go for the Nerd Brain either, and i think we are all very close in the top score wise.
And glad i am not the only one sitting and thinking like that, my calculations for what i should go for sound just as complicated as yours :)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2018, 10:05:42 AM »

Christinal i did not go for the Nerd Brain either, and i think we are all very close in the top score wise.
And glad i am not the only one sitting and thinking like that, my calculations for what i should go for sound just as complicated as yours :)

That's cool.  I think I killed a whole tree how much paper I used to play this challenge.  You know spreadsheets, though.  I bet your calculations were very organized.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2018, 11:13:04 AM »
Congratulations @cyclonenic!  Once again, my strategy was almost the same as yours - I initially planned to do the Nerd Brain, but I thought since the wording of "Instant Upgrade" was the same on all items that all those upgrades would not be considered unique, so I abandoned that and instead upgraded each item individually.  But I chose the same lot, sim traits, lot traits, sims to add to the group (except not Lily since I wasn't pursuing Nerd Brain), and rewards as you did, and had the Handyman mentor my sim in the same way. 

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Challenge, and a HUGE WELCOME to all the new players.  It's really exciting to have so many participants again!

anything