Author Topic: 2018 Handiness World Championships  (Read 36444 times)

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
Re: 2018 Handiness World Championships
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2018, 03:35:30 AM »
Thanks everyone for the congrats. I love the Carl's sims community; you are all so supportive of each other. I was ready to just DNF because i didn't want to make Metro feel bad and detract from his fantastic achievement of 50 players in a Sims 4 challenge and Metro and y'all are making sure i don't feel bad.

Hope even more people participate in the Rugrats challenge. Now Hand of the Watcher is in action its not so bad/terrifying any more and who doesn't love watching those realistic and adorable toddler animations.

I had to play on normal speed the whole time because my game got all glitching if I fast forwarded which was one of the hardest parts for me.
Me too @MomOfMany . I don't think i would have minded as much if it wasn't for the fact we were just making mascots over and over :) Also i found weirdly enough in tests that the RNG made lower priced mascots on fast forward  ???

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:39 AM »
Congrats cyclonenic and everyone. And thank you for sharing your list of upgrades, my list of possible ones was missing a lot of those.

Also, I don't know why I thought we couldn't use clubs. They feel so easying the game that I ignorre them mostly.

And why did you picked the mascott and not the bathtub as money maker? It takes less time to craft?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2018, 05:22:33 AM »

And why did you picked the mascott and not the bathtub as money maker? It takes less time to craft?

Yes, the mascot takes ~ 40 in-game mins to craft so considerably less time. I think bathtub is about double this?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2018, 11:55:55 AM »
@cyclonenic  Congrats again and a big thank you for sharing your list of upgrades - there were a few I didn't know about.  Also, I saw your note about the DJ Booth upgrade requiring DJ skills - I read that in a post or on an info page somewhere, but it actually isn't the case - your sim won't get the option to upgrade if he/she is Focused, but if in any other emotion, the upgrades can be done without DJ skills.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »
@cyclonenic  Congrats again and a big thank you for sharing your list of upgrades - there were a few I didn't know about.  Also, I saw your note about the DJ Booth upgrade requiring DJ skills - I read that in a post or on an info page somewhere, but it actually isn't the case - your sim won't get the option to upgrade if he/she is Focused, but if in any other emotion, the upgrades can be done without DJ skills.

Weird. Thanks for the info.  In my testing I was not focused (was happy only)  and without DJ skills/with handiness and couldn't.  I must try it again. Must have been some other variable was in play in that testing then!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2018, 12:23:22 PM »

Weird. Thanks for the info.  In my testing I was not focused (was happy only)  and without DJ skills/with handiness and couldn't.  I must try it again. Must have been some other variable was in play in that testing then!

Your comment reminded me - this is one I couldn't do on a DJ booth not on my own property.  I never got the option on the booth at the Behr's or in a venue, but I had the options when I put the booth on my own property.  I didn't try putting a portable booth on other property - so I'm not actually sure if it had to be on my lot, or if it had to be owned by my sim.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »

Your comment reminded me - this is one I couldn't do on a DJ booth not on my own property.  I never got the option on the booth at the Behr's or in a venue, but I had the options when I put the booth on my own property.  I didn't try putting a portable booth on other property - so I'm not actually sure if it had to be on my lot, or if it had to be owned by my sim.

Bingo! That would be why.... Thanks GlazeyLady. New information to note for the records i keep.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2018, 02:06:03 PM »
Congratulations on winning this challenge @cyclonenic!

Great strategies, everyone 8)

I did a lot of the same things as most people did.  I bought cheap stuff at the beginning that I knew would have different named upgrades, quite a few mid-range priced items to upgrade.  I had my Sim, Maria Fix-t (get the Sesame Street reference --- Maria ran the Fix-It shop?) skill up on the woodworking table, and sell what she made.  After she could craft bathtubs, then, she could save up for a few more expensive upgrades (the cheaper hot tub, the microscope and the telescope)  Her aspiration was nerd brain (she didn't finish it, but it helped her to want to level up in handiness --- traits: genius, dance machine (disco naps are great and the cheapest radio was one of her upgrades,) and loves the outdoors.

She had an unpainted/unfinished floor 5 by 5 bathroom with one cheap overhead light and cheap door.  Then, there was a 2 by 2 unpainted/unfinished floor/cheap door room with a cheap sconce for storage of completed items that I didn't want to distract her.  All of her other stuff was outside.  When she completed upgrades on things that were too large to fit in the storage room, I shoved behind the kitchen counters so she couldn't use the cheapest microwave that says it was made from parts of 80s children's toys, get into the bathtub, for example (she had a shower that was usable).

Offline xyliajames

• Nooboo
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2018, 10:24:00 PM »
@Tynynounours, I thought we couldn't use clubs either. At least clubs we made as the leader. But I'm pretty sure I've been mixing up the rules from all the events and not really noticing if there have been changes to the rules after I've read them originally. This may not be the case here; goodness knows, I'm not the world's greatest in reading comprehension so it's probably just me.

I didn't do any aspiration stuff. I thought it would take too much time. I did whims that were easy to do and spent most of the points on the sleep solver potion. Also, in my tests, when I did save to get Marketable, I didn't see that it raised the price I could get for the Mascots so I didn't bother with it during the actual event. This was my first one, however, and it definitely stresses that I need to pay more attention!

Am I the only one looking forward to the toddlers?

Congrats @cyclonenic

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2018, 08:23:07 PM »
"YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?!!"

"Uh, yeah, no. Bad idea, he loves his hammer ...."

Heh, I've played LEGO Avengers on PS4, I have seen that exact cutscene, it was when Thor kidnapped Loki after he was beaten up by the Avengers and being taken in for questioning in the Avengers movie. Thor is probably one of the coolest Marvel heroes in existence because he is based on an actual Norse god.  8)

anything