Author Topic: The (Extremely Revised) Tunic Legacy - Graveyard  (Read 65092 times)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
The (Extremely Revised) Tunic Legacy - Graveyard
« on: December 17, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
The Tunic Legacy (That's Tu-nic. As in I brought a turquoise Tu-nic and wore it to a dive bar)

As the title suggests, this will be a legacy that I made up most of the rules for. It, however, does follow Pinstar's rules in the large-lot-no-cheating bit ;). Here they are, if you're interested- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/39862.page
Anyway these are the bits I made up-
If the game lets you, you may choose any traits you like.
No moving Sims out/killing them off. Ever.
Sims must be dressed in their fave colour, from toddlerhood.
Adopted Sims count if they are adopted when babies, and have TWO parents.
I'm not playing for points, because I'm breaking the rules.

Also, I'll be playing in the lovely world samoht04 made for me, and I filled. So to make it fair, seeing I made all the Sims in the hood, for the first Gen, I will marry a NPC (Paparazzi, Mailman, ect) Also the lot is only 64 by 53 so I brought some stuff to bring it down to 1300.
Sorry you unfortunate people had to listen to me ramble, but The Tunic (Remember, that's Tu-nic) will be coming as soon as I get this new-fangled image thingy to work (I'll just post in- Thanks! ;
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
Re: The (Extremely Revised) Tunic Legacy
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:39:46 AM »
This is Billi Tunic- Gen One
Her fave colour is Turquoise, and she likes Indie music and Autumn salad. She's Charismatic, Over Emotional, a Savvy Sculptor, Clumsy and Childish.
Her LTW is to be Leader Of The Free World.

Ruby Isle, her island home.

She hasn't got much, but at least what she does have is colour coordinated!

She immediately takes a taxi to City Hall/Central Park to get a job

At the park, Billi meets a young woman by the name of Tessie Brown, and her young son, and engages them in a conversation
Billi- Yo, do you like trees? Cause I sure do!
Tessie- Not particularly, no.

Even though Tessie isn't too keen on trees, (Not sure why Billi is, actually, she doesn't Love The Outdoors) the two soon strike up a friendship.

Billi's new boss turns up, and joins in the chatter, but Billi is far to hungry.

As her home is appliance diprived, Billi takes advantage of the park grills.

Clumsy moment for poor Billi

That's not a nice thing to laugh about.

Suck it up, honey.

Billi heads back to her lonely home.

That wasn't much, but be sure to follow Billi's story. Don't worry, the pacing will become much faster!
EDIT- Great! I re-sized the snaps, so now they're much easier to see! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 05:23:34 AM »
I think you're off to a good start, Ruby.  Some things come to mind that may help you.

1.  You shouldn't have to resize the images that you upload to the Gallery.  Carl has it set to automatically go to a particular size that's right for the Forum.  So, I'm curious as to what the images looked like before you resized them that made you think it was necessary.

2.  We now have a handy Spell Check button located to the right of the Post and Preview buttons.  It works wonders for catching spelling errors and typos.  :)

3.  Your town is small, so keep in mind that it may be difficult to find spouses for the later generations.  Sometimes it's hard in the larger towns like Sunset Valley and Riverview because story progression doesn't always produce the population we'd prefer.  Your small town will probably be that much more difficult.

4.  I put together a list of the hex codes for all of the favorite colors in the game awhile back.  You might like to use it for your legacy Sims' clothing colors.  Click here to view the thread.

5.  Now that you've got your legacy link in your signature, would you like for me to make it into a clickable link (like I have in my signature) for you?

I hope you continue with your new legacy.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:36:40 AM »
Thanks for the comments Pam!
I didn't click on the pictures in my gallery, to make them bigger, I just used the catergory. (I thought they would re-size themselves ::))
Yes... I kinda forgot, as I was in a hurry to post. :P
Really? Oh, now I'm worried... I suppose I'll just look to NPC or abroad, then! ;)
Thanks, again, that will be really useful.
Clickable link? Like yours? Yes please! How do you it?
So, do you think it's okay? ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 02:38:42 AM »
Yes, I think it's ok.  But the important thing is whether you think it's ok.  If you enjoy playing it and writing about it, that's what matters most.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 04:33:01 AM »
Chapter-2
First Day Of Work (And Other Misadventures In Ruby Isle)

The next morning Billi awakes (How does she always look this good?) Slightly nervous, but no doubt excited for her big first day of work.

I have a feeling Billi going to be seeing a lot of Central Park.

Look! Butterflies! Oh, right, that's Billi heading into City Hall... As a Podium Polisher.

Apparently Billi had a good day, spending it sucking up to her boss and working hard, so she runs across the street to the library, intending to take advantage of the mirrors. The library was completely empty, so that makes me think they saw the Childish, Over Emotional politician coming.

Billi- Hi, so, like, this is my acceptance speech for the World Leader role.
Billi's reflection- Wow, who voted for you, honey?

After a few hours of talking to herself Billi, headed home, with three Charisma points under her belt. (The required amount to advance in her hopless job)

However, on her way home Miss Prim and Prude Tunic saw an awful sight. (Please don't look at the upper left hand corner. Please)

Snooze, Snore-Door, door, door, doooo (ke, in my opinion)

Well, because the only thing Billi ate yesterday was food from the City Hall canteen, she awoke starved. And late.

So, without further ado, Billi sprinted to the grocers, and brought two apples.

Around an hour late for work, Billi ran in, thinking of some random girl who was playing Gnubb.

Talking of Gnubb... (Also, Billi got a promotion to Ballot Counter. Wow. Where I live, people do that for free)

This is Pablo, Billi's one and only workmate.
Pablo- Gosh! Billi, I just wanna sneeze on you!

Billi- So, so embarrassing that this guy wants to sneeze on me!
Yep, that's right, say no to germs, Billi!

Billi- Guys? Has anybody seen my Gnubb stick? I think I lost it.

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.
Pablo- Yes! I think that means I'm winning...
Pablo sure has got his priorities right.

Sick of Gnubb, Billi has a quick chat with some Paparazzi about her favorite subject, before going home to refurbish her manor.

Yes. Manor. Oh well, at least now we've got a fridge.

Billi- It's times like this when I wish I could read. Oh well, that's the only good thing you learn if you actually go to school.

Billi after a nice, cold shower.

Billi- Hello?
Dude On The Other End- Hey, person I've never met, can you come do a seminar on speaking skills at the Business Office? Right now?
Billi- Sem-in-ar? Sure!

So, with that, Billi heads of to the the Business Office.

Well, this is where we leave Billi, now with 600$ in total, and one extra Charisma point. Woohoo.
Special thanks to Pam, for all her help!
See you next time, for the 3rd Chapter of the Tunic Legacy!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:45 AM »
I am enjoying this,well done.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 05:15:09 PM »
I like this legacy! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 07:38:25 PM »
Aw, thanks guys! Glad you like it! :D
Is it funny? ;)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 07:40:26 PM »
Yup! You've got a good sense of humor. :D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 04:39:52 AM »
Right, I promised the pacing would become faster, and 20 is a good number of snaps to go by, so without further ado-
Chapter 3- Billi, Out On The Town

FRIDAY

Friday morning, Billi headed off to work, planning on chatting to her coworker, Pablo Matinez (Billi, being Childish, doesn't keep grudges. Especially Gnubb related ones)

After spending her day chitchatting and sucking up, Billi takes a moment to dwell on fish.

Billi is always on the lookout for friends, and when she comes across wannabe vampire teen (possibly the only thing more pathetic then a Childish politician), Kayla Miffe, Billi's sure she's hit the jackpot.

After having a very interesting chat about yetis, Billi hears that there is going to be a rocking party tonight at Bonnie Monzo's.
Billi- Anything going on tonight, lil' vamp?
Kayla- Well, there's a party on, but I hate parties, and fun in general (No joke, she actually said that)
So Billi walks off to the party, with one new friend (That's 3 all together. Woohoo)

Well, some party. The dress code was Swimwere... but the house didn't have a pool. Also, it made me think Billi's block was beautiful. Bonnie's the flirt in the cornor, by the way, but like you could miss her, as she's one of two people who are at the party. Billi agreed the party sucked until...

Billi- Omigod, a toy box! This is so, so cool! Zooooom!

For about 2 hours Billi played with her plane, but then Bonnie fell asleep in the bed next to her. Nice. Billi headed home, not disappointed, but very fulfilled, as she had successfully landed the plane.

Yum. Toilet salad.

SATURDAY

Possibly the only thing interesting that happened during day on Saturday (In which Billi had a day off) was she broke the shower.
Billi- Die, shower! You must die! Arrrr!
Yes Billi, let it all out.

Anyway, Billi fixed her shower, so now she has a useless handiness point that I  wanted her heir to have.
Billi- Did you say hair? Don't make fun of my hair! It's beautiful! I'm not a carrot!  

Then she had to call her friends and tell them how sparkly her house was.

But that night, Billi became a Misstress Of The Darkness. Not really, but she did go to theShabby McTabby Bar.

And as soon as she entered she saw Him. Shayne Zapata, the mixoligist, and target future spouse for Gen 2.

Billi ordered a drink, the Party Popper (Friday nights party could of done with one) and since it was Happy Hour, it was a bargin 2$

Next she tried to impress him with her wicked pinball skills against a Paparazzi.
Billi- Take that! And that! My house is so shiny, it would blind you!

But alas, he was not impressed, so Billi vowed to head home, and call him in the morning. I think so, anyway, but she was talking to her hands.

Goodnight, little Tunic.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 11:16:10 AM »
I hope Billi can woo him! :D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 07:16:43 PM »
I hope so too, because I totally want his genes in my Legacy! ;)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 03:32:25 AM »
Okay, just an update- The 4th Chapter won't be out till Boxing Day or maybe later, but I promise some thing good will happen! Also, I'd like some criticism on the Tunics, so I can improve! ;)
Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 11:32:38 AM »
Awwwwwww... Oh, well, I'm sure a lot of Dynasties and Legacies are doing this. :(

I really love this Legacy, it's funny, and refreshing to read a Legacy that doesn't take place in an EA town. Keep it up, this is an awesome story.  ;)
Formerly Simstar3