Author Topic: Laundry Day Stuff and Hampers  (Read 7136 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Laundry Day Stuff and Hampers
« on: January 18, 2018, 02:37:03 AM »
To ensure that your Sims don't throw tons of laundry around the house, do we need a hamper in every single room in their house (as long as a washer and dryer and/or washtub and clothesline is on the lot?  I'm curious because my main Sim family has a 3 floor house with a roof deck and 2 basements.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Laundry Day Stuff and Hampers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:01:22 AM »
I'm not sure about the different floors, but my toddler's clothing went into a different room when he changed. If they don't go into a hamper, they'll fall on the floor, and when you click on the hamper, you'll have an option to gather up the piles.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:56:42 AM »
On a related note - will sims do laundry autonomously? Mine haven't yet.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »
On a related note - will sims do laundry autonomously? Mine haven't yet.

Oh -- great question, especially for the Ten-Gen challenge. I bet they don't, except maybe neat sims.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 01:12:17 PM »
Haha, I'm afraid to buy/install the Laundry Stuff Pack.
The Ten-Gen challenge keeps my heirs busy enough without having the extra tasks of laundry and sorting trash.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 01:45:39 PM »
Thanks so much for your great response Marian. That sounds like a do-able in my Sims' big house :).

@Nindigo --- I did have my Sims do one load of laundry last night --- because I didn't think that there would be a huge mess from just that load, and I definitely had to direct them to do it.  One of my Sim children only put it in the washer and the other child had to complete the whole load.  I thought it would be cute for them to do the first load.  Sim children can do laundry with the side-by-side version of the washer and dryer, only --- not the stackable version.

@oshizu --- You can buy the pack and just use the wall decorations/furniture  or new hair and clothing.  Be sure not to place a washer/dryer or the combo set, the washtub, the clothesline or any hampers.  That way, if you want the stuff from the pack or the CAS stuff, then, you can still buy the pack. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 03:13:36 PM »
You only need one hamper for the entire lot. TS4's laundry system works by 'Lot' not by room. The hamper can even be in the basement and all clothes will auto be placed in there.

If you do not place a washer, dryer or hand tub on your lot then washing will never be generated but you could place them on a community lot, do your washing there and then your sim will have to bring it home and 'put away' once on the home lot, thereby giving your sims the moodlets.

The quicker you put your washing away once done the higher the modlets/cleanliness will be. e.g. pristine washing left in a dryer will deteriorate to clean then eventually all the way to foul if left long enough.

Conversely, if you like realism you can place a dryer/washer on your lot and no hamper so that all your sims clothes will end up on the floor creating very life-like teen rooms.  :P Leave washing there for a day or two and <bingo> the perfect smelly teens room.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 01:17:56 AM »
If you don't do laundry often, it's worth having multiple hampers, cause you don't always notice that the hamper is full, cause unlike TS3 it doesn't appear to fill to the top.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 08:13:52 AM »
Oh, and hampers can get very smelly, so place them with care :P
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

anything