Author Topic: Tech help - dpc watchdog violation error  (Read 3175 times)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Tech help - dpc watchdog violation error
« on: January 24, 2018, 10:33:14 PM »
Before I hire someone to help me out with my computer, I thought I would put something up on here to see if anyone has any experience with this problem.  It's not a sims 4 issue, but it is effecting the gaming.  I keep getting a dpc watchdog violation error with a restart.  I have watched numerous youtube videos, looked at web pages, and tried numerous "fixes" and nothing has worked for me. 

The most common reason for this is outdated drivers.  I am going to post a couple pictures comparing what I continually am shown I should see to what I actually do see.

My computer is the one with many listed several times.  The other picture is what every single other one has looked like  while trying to figure out the problem.  I have tried to update them, but they all say they are up to date.  I did update my graphics driver, but I am still having the issue.  If anyone knows anything about this and can help, I would appreciate it so much.
Thank you!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Tech help - dpc watchdog violation error
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:35:38 PM »
You might try removing the duplicate devices in device manager and reboot. If that doesn't fix the issue, you may need to check with a tech friend to look over the drivers. You may also want to try a program called HDTune - http://www.hdtune.com/ which can help diagnose problems with your drives and controllers. The free trial edition should work for this issue.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:52:17 PM »
You might try removing the duplicate devices in device manager and reboot. If that doesn't fix the issue, you may need to check with a tech friend to look over the drivers. You may also want to try a program called HDTune - http://www.hdtune.com/ which can help diagnose problems with your drives and controllers. The free trial edition should work for this issue.

It would be okay to delete them?
I downloaded the hd tune and started the error scan, I will see if that shows anything.  Thanks.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 12:02:04 AM »
Let the program completely run to see what it says before doing anything else. Once finished let us know what the results are before doing anything else.

It it safe to delete the duplicates as if needed windows will restore them. We just want to see the report from HDTune before you do anything else.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 12:07:17 AM »
Ok, I will update when it's finished. Thanks again.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 06:56:32 AM »
I did the error scan, and it is all greeen.  Under the health tab, there is one thing that says it needs attention, interface crc error count.  Is there anything else I should look at?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 12:25:58 AM »
How many interface crc errors is it showing in both the current and worst columns?

Can you get a screenshot of the health tab like this: (Click image to see larger view)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 07:48:26 AM »
Here is the screen shot, sorry I fell asleep last night.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 09:59:19 PM »
Check with a tech friend and replace the cable between the drive and motherboard to see if it lowers the number of errors. If it doesn't that may mean the drive is going bad and needs to be replaced.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 11:08:58 PM »
Thanks, I will look into it.  I think I can handle changing a cable, shouldn't be too hard.  I will see if that improves the situation.  I usually get the watchdog violation once or twice a day.  Yesterday, it didn't happen at all, but it did happen once today. 

Offline jack7254

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 08:23:37 AM »
Thanx for providing the detail, which is for how to fix the error, tht is related to dpc watchdog violation error.
but i've got some very easy and useful information to fix this error   https://techfries.co/dpc-watchdog-violation-fix/

anything