Author Topic: Moving in and Simoleons  (Read 1870 times)

Offline The Man

• Nooboo
Moving in and Simoleons
« on: February 06, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »
So I haven't played a sims in a long long time and am enjoying Sims 4. I have a quick question:

I am at the point where i asked a lady to move in. The merge home option came up but im sure i did something wrong. I am still in my house which is fine and i have my 1300 simoleons but should I have also gotten her 20,000?  it should us together but just my money.

Any idea what happened or is that how it works?

thanks

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Moving in and Simoleons
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:45:05 PM »
@The Man
I'm assuming that you are playing on your Xbox (since you mentioned that in another thread).
Unfortunately, I don't know how things work on console Sims 4 but I can share how it works on a PC/Mac and that is:

Your sim would only get all of your moved-in sim's household funds if they were living alone.
If she was living with one or more other sims, your sim would not get a single simoleon.
I'm not sure, though, if it works the same way on Xbox Sims 4.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Man

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:33:37 PM »
ok  i appreciate it. I think she was living with others..3 girls popped up when I went to merge

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:54:49 AM »
Perhaps, you could have just merged the households. That would have added a lot of earning power. I'm curious how this interaction works. I've never used it before. I know that it seems to pop up in different contexts. Does "Ask to move in" behave differently, in different contexts? If it does, I wish they'd label the interactions a little differently, to make them more distinctive. There are other interactions, that seem ambiguous, to me.

I have seen the interaction appear when,

1. My Sim is at his/her own property.

2. When my Sim is at his/her friend's property.

3. When my Sim & his/her friend is at a property
    not belong to the Sim or his/her friend.

What happens, when you use the interaction, in these three contexts?
Would my Sim be asking to become a part of his/her friend's household,
or is the Sim asking the friend to join his/her own household?
Does the request always work?
Might the other Sim decline, or is it always a simple action that brings up an option menu?

Just wondering. I've always been curious to try it, but I want to unambiguously know what it does.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 05:08:09 AM »
I believe the 'Ask to move in' interaction is based on the friendly relationship between the 2 sims and is always available after the friendship level gets high enough.  As your sim is doing the asking, then the friend will join your sims' household.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »
@CuriousSim
I don't always want the ask the entire household to move in, regardless of the earning power.
Sometimes there's no room in my sim's household, sometimes one of the roomies has horrid traits, or sometimes I just don't appreciate how the other household members look.

One big difference for your three different scenarios, however, is the furnishings.

Say my sim will be inviting into her home an entire household of one or more sims. (Like simoleons, it must be the whole household to snag the other household's furnishings.)
Unless my sim uses the "Ask to move in" social on her own property, the invitee household will not bring their furnishings to her home.
Of course this only works when the household being invited actually lives in a house...