Author Topic: When Pets die issue.  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
When Pets die issue.
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:50:12 AM »
I always played with global aging on, to help move generations and I don't expect my pets to live forever, but I was expected a notification warning when the end of their life comes close (Just like human sims), but obviously you don't get warning on those, then I when to play a petless family for about 2 sims day, then out of nowhere, I when back to my pet families and all pet's were missing on nearly all my pet families.  Found some Urns in the houses, and what's more appauling the owners don't care. No sad moodlets, etc.

This frustrated me so much, to put the game aside, why make all the effort in befriending them, they truely don't care about their own pet, they always let them get sick and ignore them and they are just happy to stand around and watch them die.

(When my RL dog was put down, I was sad for months so I know how this is suppose to feel)

This is truely disappointing feature of the game, the pets are great, but the no remorse is appauling.

I didn't even know any of my pets were Elders either, and now with this is mind I would rather turn off aging for the Pets only but keep global aging for the sims, but I can't find option like that anywhere, it's all or nothing.

Or is there?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: When Pets die issue.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 02:55:12 AM »
Sorry to hear you've experienced this. Aging is global unfortunately so it's tied to aging for sims. You can't have aging on for sims and off for pets, those settings just don't exist.

Even when your played sims pet dies there is no warning. Once your pet is an elder you need to start mentally preparing for the death as it will just happen.  :-\

The devs said on a live stream that they didn't want sims endlessly mourning for their pets so I guess that's why they seem not to care so much. Have to admit to being a chicken though and I have aging off so that I don't have to see my sims pets die.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 04:23:57 AM »
@Spiderkeys

I've had one of my sims level up his veterinarian skill so he can craft the Age-Down treats.
The instant his Tonkinese cat becomes an elder, he's going to get an Age-Down treat. And when that sim's child ages up and moves out, guess what?
She's going to already be able to craft those Age-Down treats and she's going to take the cat with her.
As long as I don't miss when the cat ages up to an elder, we'll be okay.  *crosses fingers
Well, I haven't actually tried this yet, but that's the plan. :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 07:39:42 PM »
The age-down treat works well. I keep aging my sims pets back to being puppies and then having to use an aging-up treat when I get a bit sick of carrying therm up the stairs etc. ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything