Author Topic: Accidentally deleted all base game skins... whoops!  (Read 2429 times)

Offline JumpyBerry

• Nooboo
Accidentally deleted all base game skins... whoops!
« on: February 19, 2018, 12:16:56 AM »
hi guys,
so a few days ago I was installing some custom content and then realised that installing this CC caused all of my base game skins to completely vanish! now all of the pre-made sims in all towns just have a completely black void-like body :(
if anyone knows how I can fix this and get my base game skins back, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Accidentally deleted all base game skins... whoops!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 01:29:36 AM »
The reason why they may have glitched bodies may be due to outdated mods or custom content.

We recently received a new game patch that has made some game mods and custom content become outdated. You need to go through your mods folder to see what needs to be updated.

Move the mods folder to desktop (for testing purposes) - This is to fully make sure it's not outdated mods/cc or some hidden files in the Mods folder. - Read more in the post linked below:

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JumpyBerry

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 02:55:43 AM »
The reason why they may have glitched bodies may be due to outdated mods or custom content.

We recently received a new game patch that has made some game mods and custom content become outdated. You need to go through your mods folder to see what needs to be updated.

Move the mods folder to desktop (for testing purposes) - This is to fully make sure it's not outdated mods/cc or some hidden files in the Mods folder. - Read more in the post linked below:

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

hi MrsFlynn!
I just tried moving the mods folder out into my desktop and reloading the game but unfortunately the glitched bodies still remain. I just had a look in CAS mode and under the skins section all of the base game skins are gone, leaving only CC skins :(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 03:00:25 AM »
You can maybe try a factory reset.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

I can't promise this will work. The game maybe glitched somehow from the cc. I'm not sure. You could try a new save/new sim to see if they're glitched as well, if yes then try the factory reset and new game/new Sim to see if the problem is still happening.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *