Author Topic: Smooth Game Specs Recommendations  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Peepsmaster

• Nooboo
Smooth Game Specs Recommendations
« on: February 27, 2018, 09:53:46 PM »
   Before I did anything to my computer, a goal I had in mind was the flawless running of  Sims 4.  I did as much research as I could in a topic I have no clue on (trial and error, boys and girls).  My problem in Sims 4 was the delay that occurred during, practically, everything... Most noticeably time-shifts and mode switches.  I have some pretty great specs on my comp.  I initially ran an Intel i5-7300HQ @ 2.50GHz processor, 8.0 GB installed RAM and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti graphics.  So I researched around and my logic came up with an answer: increase RAM.

I personally think that 8Gb RAM is not enough to be running anything above minimum settings with expansions for Live Game Mode.  I can also confirm that blindly upgrading my RAM to 16.0Gb, about 2 months ago, fixed my delays and lag in the game.  I feel the game is playable now at MAX graphics, which means my dream of playing The Sims on top graphics with smooth performance has been accomplished.

Hopefully by putting this confirmation on the internet that an upgrade from 8.0Gb to 16.0Gb RAM makes the difference in Game Mode smoothness will help others not have to blindly go into the upgrade hoping it will work.  THANKS :)

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Smooth Game Specs Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »
Actually 8Gig is plenty for TS4, the x64 version never addresses too much more than 4gig if you ever looked in task manager, or unless your heavily multitasking with HD video at the same time.

Your CPU vs amount of cores you got, and a decent GPU that can keep up with you CPU demands and won't bottleneck is where your performance is concerned.

I got my game installed on dozens of machines, some 8Gig, 16gig, and a few 32gig, if I was comparing these, it be like comparing the size of my fuel tank, not engine performance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything