Author Topic: Empty deviceconfig.log  (Read 7182 times)

Offline Pacinin

• Nooboo
Empty deviceconfig.log
« on: March 07, 2018, 03:24:39 PM »
Hi! Sorry if i'm late on this conversation, but really i can't get work the configuration. I have a GTX 1050, but didn't work with the zip file by Flynn Arrowstarr (of course modifying the '.srg' files), neither with the zip file in the link MrsFlynn post. After open and close the game, my deviceconfig.log still having the two lines (OPTION - DEFAULT OPTION). Even deleting the folder from My Documents, still not work.
Have you any idea why is this happening?

PS: Sorry for my english! Is not good at all. Thank you.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Empty deviceconfig.log
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »
With your Sims 3 deviceconfig.log being empty, you might want to try updating your video driver to see if that helps.

Make Sure Drivers Are Up To Date
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401815#msg401815

Once the drivers are up to date, look at your deviceconfig.log to see if it shows the Device ID under Graphics Device info.

I can then compare your graphics card device id to the one that's already in the GraphicsCards.sgr.

----

More Tips can be found in the post linked below:

DeviceConfig.log is Empty ~ Tips:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=32470.msg515243#msg515243
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pacinin

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply!
I checked for the update of my video card, but still empty the deviceconfig.log. I must to add that when the Sims 3 was install without expantions, the game was opened and closed and the deviceconfig.log showed all the information. But with some expantions, the deviceconfig file show nothing. Any idea?
My apologies for the inconvenience.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 10:43:58 PM »
I've never run into this issue personally. Trying to search more on this issue, I'm finding a couple more tips to try:

1. Edit your Options.ini file to play in Windowed mode
Edit this line - fullscreen = 1
Set it to fullscreen = 0

Or via Origin - Start the game in Windowed mode -- In the Origin Client, go to the Games Library tab, and right click on the Sims 3 Cover and select Game Properties - In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay. If this doesn't work, try: -w und

2. Try moving your Sims 3 folder to the desktop and try launching the game again. This will create a new Sims 3 folder. Everything will be safe in your old Sims 3 folder that's been moved to the desktop.

After that check to see if you have a new deviceconfig.log. file and what information it gives you.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 03:04:54 PM »
so this just happened to me and i'm still trying to sort it out. i first realized my resource.cfg was awol. then i noticed that the deviceconfig.log was empty. this is so frustrating. i haven't played in two years, almost three, and i just want stuff to work. :cries:

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 03:17:43 PM »
You don't mention what you've tried to troubleshoot the issue. Sorry if the tips I've shared are repeats of what you've already tried.

With your Sims 3 deviceconfig.log being empty, you might want to try updating your video driver to see if that helps.

Make Sure Drivers Are Up To Date
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401815#msg401815

Once the drivers are up to date, look at your deviceconfig.log to see if it shows the Device ID under Graphics Device info.

I can then compare your graphics card device id to the one that's already in the GraphicsCards.sgr.

More Tips can be found in the post linked below:

DeviceConfig.log is Empty ~ Tips:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=32470.msg515243#msg515243

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 01:50:28 PM »
I moved my mods folder out of my folder, moved the shared folder out of the game data folder, and uninstalled everything but the base game. ran a registry cleaner. did some windows fixes and checks via powershell.

when I restarted the game, I got a newly compiled deviceconfig.log.

then I went to bed. I'm going to be brave enough later today to try to boot the game. 🤣

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 07:11:41 PM »
It sounds like the game is working better!! Yay!! :)