Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A House Full of Love (Sept 12)  (Read 11842 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Birthdays and Surprises (5/30/18)
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 01:09:38 AM »
I laughed at your comment about Andrew not having gotten abducted if you'd been trying. Ain't that the truth? Haha.
Oddly, your Sharebears are the only ones living the pre-modern, pre-industrialized life yet they're the ones to have the first Close Encounter among all of us!!!
And Shari and her watcher are so very clever!  Coordinating Daisy and Fig's birthdays until they're like twins!
Plus, I love Fig's name! It's perfect (like Andrew)!!!! I'm glad that Andrew seems to have recovered fully in mind and body from the abduction and pregnancy.

(I'm trying put a stop to my comment but just one more thing....) Evelyn is a great friend! Loved this update!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 07:49:21 AM »
Aww, that bit with Fig is so cute. At least he'll be able to transform as a toddler and blend in a bit. Yay, Shari had a girl! Welcome, Daisy. Aster is a cutie. Still loving Evelyn.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 11:24:18 AM »
Fig the figment of their imagination.   Brilliant! 
I love how the neighbors are used to add social perspective to the storytelling.  Very cool application of a narrative device.
I can't wait to see the "twins" grow into toddlers and then children  :=)  Of course, I'm also curious to see if you'll go with the disguise for Fig or just have him as the unusual blue kid.

Online Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2018, 01:36:02 PM »
Aw, welcome little Fig and Daisy ^^ Loved how Evelyn was so understanding.  You do such a good job of weaving it into a story.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »
Oh, not so twins. Can't wait to see them as toddlers.
And wasn't Andrew unflirty? How did he seduced an alien so easily?

Aster grew up well, too bad his birthday wasn't as great as you wanted it.
Also, I like all the names.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2018, 09:49:47 AM »
Ohh an alien baby. I hope none will be rude to him for beign different. I know the family wont. But you never know.
Andrew grew up to be a nice looking boy, cant wait to see his sister grow up too.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2018, 07:23:03 PM »
I laughed at your comment about Andrew not having gotten abducted if you'd been trying. Ain't that the truth? Haha.
Oddly, your Sharebears are the only ones living the pre-modern, pre-industrialized life yet they're the ones to have the first Close Encounter among all of us!!!
And Shari and her watcher are so very clever!  Coordinating Daisy and Fig's birthdays until they're like twins!
Plus, I love Fig's name! It's perfect (like Andrew)!!!! I'm glad that Andrew seems to have recovered fully in mind and body from the abduction and pregnancy.
(I'm trying put a stop to my comment but just one more thing....) Evelyn is a great friend! Loved this update!
Thanks!  I'm really surprised that Andrew is the first (and so far only) one to have an alien baby out of all the Sharebears.  Fig can't be the heir because he isn't genetically related to the Founder, but it's still cool.  I wasn't sure if my plan to bring Daisy and Fig's birthdays together would work, but it did. 

Aww, that bit with Fig is so cute. At least he'll be able to transform as a toddler and blend in a bit. Yay, Shari had a girl! Welcome, Daisy. Aster is a cutie. Still loving Evelyn.
I'm glad Shari had a girl, too.  We've got a nice mix of girls and boys now.  You'll get to see Fig in both forms in the next update.

Fig the figment of their imagination.   Brilliant! 
I love how the neighbors are used to add social perspective to the storytelling.  Very cool application of a narrative device.
I can't wait to see the "twins" grow into toddlers and then children  :=)  Of course, I'm also curious to see if you'll go with the disguise for Fig or just have him as the unusual blue kid.
Thanks!  I'm glad you like the neighbors.  They've become an integral part of the story at this point.

Aw, welcome little Fig and Daisy ^^ Loved how Evelyn was so understanding.  You do such a good job of weaving it into a story.
Thank you.  It's nice that Shari and Evelyn get along so well.  They really do seem to like each other in the game, too.

Oh, not so twins. Can't wait to see them as toddlers.
And wasn't Andrew unflirty? How did he seduced an alien so easily?
Aster grew up well, too bad his birthday wasn't as great as you wanted it.
Also, I like all the names.
I guess the aliens don't care so much about the Unflirty trait.   ;)   Two cute toddlers coming up!

Ohh an alien baby. I hope none will be rude to him for beign different. I know the family wont. But you never know.
Andrew grew up to be a nice looking boy, cant wait to see his sister grow up too.
All the Sharebears seem to have cute kids, don't they?  You'll see toddler Daisy in the following update.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Parents and Guardians (June 9)
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2018, 08:00:02 PM »
Parents and Guardians

Andrew:  Did Daisy go back to sleep after you aged her up, Shari?
Shari:  Yes, she seems to like the toddler bed.  I hated to wake her, but in order to follow Evelyn’s very wise plan, I had to wait as long as possible to age Daisy up—which happened to be at 3am.
7a toddler daisy.jpg

Andrew: Right.  So when we get Fig’s birthday notice tomorrow morning, we will age him up immediately, correct?
Shari:  Yes. That should reduce their age-gap from two days down to one. Then we repeat the process for their child birthdays which should make Daisy and Fig the same age.
          Not to change the subject, but did I see that you maxed the handiness skill while I was in the other room?
Andrew: Yeah. I was finally upgrading the fireplace before we have two toddlers in the house.
7b upgrade fireplace.jpg

Andrew:  I should congratulate you, too, Shari.  Didn’t you complete the Freelance Botanist Aspiration?
Shari:  Yes, but I couldn’t have done it without Bluebell.
7c Shari Bluebell.jpg
Andrew:  What aspiration did you choose next?
Shari: Bestselling Author.  Can you believe I haven’t done that one yet?

The next morning

7d Fig toddler.jpg

Andrew:  I aged Fig up this morning, but there’s something I need to talk to you about, Shari. 
Shari:  What is it, dear?
7e toddler steps.jpg

Andrew:  When I checked his relationship panel, Fig’s mother was labelled as “Senior Pollination Technician #3.”
Shari:  I noticed that, too.  But don’t worry, my love. I have already adopted Fig as a care dependent.
7f Shari Fig play.jpg

Andrew:  That’s wonderful, Shari, but that’s not exactly what’s bothering me.  You see, I can’t explain why an alien woman is listed as Fig’s mother.  I honestly don’t remember anything from that night except the light.
Shari:  Oh Andrew!  Don’t trouble yourself about that!  Neither of us knows how Fig got into your belly, but I can only assume that alien methods are different than ours.  Are you forgetting that I, myself, am a clone of someone else?
Andrew:  Do you think Fig is a clone of me?
Shari:  Not exactly a clone.  Fig is obviously an alien, but I think there is more of you in him than Senior Pollination Technician #3. 
7g Andrew Fig.jpg

Andrew:  You are amazing, Shari.  I was afraid you might be jealous.
Shari:  The world is a strange place, Andrew.  You believed my story, and I believe yours.  Let’s not trouble ourselves about things we will never be able to explain. 
Andrew:  Are you at all worried about what other people might think?
Shari:  Not really.  No one who sees Fig and Daisy together will doubt that they are ours. 
Andrew:  That’s true.
7h Daisy Fig.jpg

Aster:  Will you read me this book, Mama?
Shari:  The Life and Strange Surprizing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, Of York, Mariner: Who lived Eight and Twenty Years, all alone in an un-inhabited Island on the Coast of America, near the Mouth of the Great River of Oroonoque; Having been cast on Shore by Shipwreck, wherein all the Men perished but himself. With An Account how he was at last as strangely deliver'd by Pyrates.
Aster:  That’s the title?  Ooo—this is going to be good!
7i Shari Aster read.jpg
Shari:  If the whole book is as wordy as the title, we’ll have your two hours of reading done before we finish Chapter 1!

Aster: Will you read me more of Robinson Crusoe after I finish my homework, Mama?
Shari:  When you’ve done your homework and extra credit, then we’ll read.
7j Aster homework.jpg

Andrew:  Not that I mind (much) Shari, but didn’t we agree not to hire the Nanny when one of us is home?
Shari:  I didn’t hire him!  He just showed up, but Fig seems to like him.  I didn’t have the heart to ask him to leave.
7k Fig Nanny.jpg
Andrew: *dismisses the Nanny*

Andrew:  And the Mama bear and the Papa bear and the three baby bears all lived happily ever after.
7l Andrew Daisy read.jpg

Aster: So that’s why Mama told me to make my Emotion Potions in the cellar!
7m Aster potions.jpg

Andrew:  Good job earning an A in school, son.  You’ve completed Whiz Kid.  Now you get to choose your next Aspiration.
Aster:  I want to do Artistic Prodigy!  Will you mentor me when I do my 5 hours of playing an instrument, Papa?
7n Aster A.jpg

Andrew:  Of course!  I crafted a child’s violin just for you. 
7o Andrew make violin.jpg

Aster:  How’s this Papa?  Am I doing it right?
Andrew:  Ah…well…everyone starts as a beginner, son.  *puts cotton in ears* 
7p Andrew mentor1.jpg

5 hours later

Andrew:  That’s it!  Feel the music!  Be one with the violin!
7q Andrew mentor2.jpg

Shari:  Aster is really starting to sound good.  He must have an excellent teacher.
Andrew:  You flatter me.  But I did complete Musical Genius while I was mentoring him.
Shari: That’s wonderful!  Have you thought about what you’d like to do next?
Andrew:  I’d like to do Big Happy Family.  It wasn’t in the original plan, but now that we have three children, I think it makes sense.
Shari:  I agree.  And I think you should drink a Potion of Youth to make sure you live long enough to be friends with four grandchildren.
Andrew:  I will only take it if you drink one, too, Shari.  And could you please dismiss the Nanny?  He’s making me uncomfortable.
7r Potion of Youth.jpg

Shari:  Well, we did it.  How do you feel, Andrew?
Andrew:  Much better now that the Nanny is gone.
Shari:  That’s not what I meant.  And don’t look behind you.
7s Feel young.jpg

The next day

Shari:  Look who’s here, Andrew.  He’s been here all day, and he says we don’t even have to pay him! *gives Andrew a meaningful look*
7t Nanny convo.jpg
Andrew: Oh!  Mr…uh…Nanny.  Thank you for stopping by, but we’re taking the kids to the park this afternoon so…
Nanny:  I could accompany y-
Andrew: No!

7u Family park.jpg
Shari:  That’s one way to get rid of the Nanny.  I suppose Aster does need to make friends now that he’s working on Social Butterfly.
Andrew:  You’re welcome.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
Loved the shots of Andrew with Fig, who looks so much like his father in his human disguise!
I love how laid back Shari feels about Senior Pollinator Technician #3 appearing in Fig's relationship panel.
Andrew is brave to raise such a possibly sensitive topic!

How absolutely weird about that nanny, though. And funny (in a rather cute way) how adamant Andrew feels about raising the children themselves.
Congrats on progress with Freelance Botanist, Musical Genius, and Whiz Kid!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »
Hmmm, I think the nanny is just smitten with our dear Shari  ;=)
The darling founding couple is so lovely together and the kids are lovely and the historical story world is just lovely and I seem to find myself smiling every time I finish one of your updates.  Kudos!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2018, 02:13:10 PM »
I love that part :
Shari:  The world is a strange place, Andrew.  You believed my story, and I believe yours.

It's so full of love and comprehension. 

And the stalking nanny is uncomfortable, yes.

Online Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »
Awww, that was too cute!  I loved Andrew's fears that Shari may be jealous and I just love the kids! 

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2018, 05:16:36 AM »
Ohh that nanny is hilarious.
I love you story its so different. You should really be proud.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2018, 08:46:52 AM »
Loved the shots of Andrew with Fig, who looks so much like his father in his human disguise!
I love how laid back Shari feels about Senior Pollinator Technician #3 appearing in Fig's relationship panel.
Andrew is brave to raise such a possibly sensitive topic!
How absolutely weird about that nanny, though. And funny (in a rather cute way) how adamant Andrew feels about raising the children themselves.
Congrats on progress with Freelance Botanist, Musical Genius, and Whiz Kid!
Thanks for your comments!  Andrew was brave to raise the subject of SPT#3, but I figure it's something they would have to talk about. 
And that nanny!  I think I only hired him once when both Shari and Andrew had to work, but then he just kept coming over every day.  He never charged them after the first time so maybe I should have kept him around, but he made Andrew uncomfortable.

Hmmm, I think the nanny is just smitten with our dear Shari  ;=)
The darling founding couple is so lovely together and the kids are lovely and the historical story world is just lovely and I seem to find myself smiling every time I finish one of your updates.  Kudos!
You might be right about the nanny.  I don't think he ever outright flirted with Shari, but he followed her around and Andrew definitely didn't like him!
And thank you for your lovely comment.  It made me smile!

I love that part :
Shari:  The world is a strange place, Andrew.  You believed my story, and I believe yours.
It's so full of love and comprehension.
And the stalking nanny is uncomfortable, yes.
Thanks!  I think Shari has a big heart, and she's pretty easygoing.

Awww, that was too cute!  I loved Andrew's fears that Shari may be jealous and I just love the kids! 
Thanks so much!  I am glad you are enjoying this little family.

Ohh that nanny is hilarious.
I love you story its so different. You should really be proud.
I've never had such a persistent nanny.  It was weird. 
I'm glad you are enjoying the story.  Shari and her family have been fun to play.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Kids and Teens (June 16)
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2018, 09:14:35 AM »
Kids and Teens

Andrew:  It’s almost time for two very special birthdays.
8a toddler play.jpg
Shari:  That’s right.  Daisy will blow out her candles just before 3am, and we should get Fig’s notice around 7am.
Andrew:  Let’s not even try to throw a party, we need to watch the clock.

Shari:  It worked!  And they are a good-looking pair, if I do say so myself.
8b Daisy Fig child.jpg
Andrew:  Daisy looks like you with her green eyes and red hair.
Shari:  And Fig resembles you, even if he has brown eyes instead of your light green.

Shari:  It’s so nice to see you at the park, Evelyn.  How have you been?
Evelyn:  I’ve been well.  I see the twins had a birthday.  Did they get good traits?
8c Shari Evelyn.jpg
Shari:  Daisy is a Geek who wants to be a Social Butterfly, and Fig is a Music Lover with the Whiz Kid aspiration.
Evelyn:  What’s a Geek?

Fig: Are you good at this game, Papa?
Andrew:  Not really, but your mother is still talking to Ms. Evelyn so I’m playing three games with you.
8d chess.jpg

Daisy:  Hello, sir!  My name is Daisy, and I…
Man: Oh, I hate children!  Why is the park always plum full of children!?
8e Daisy greets.jpg
Daisy: *backing away*  Umm…Aster can you help me?

Aster:  Hello!  I am Aster, and this is my sister, Daisy.  She needs to meet people for Social Butterfly and since we can’t find any normal-looking sims, I guess you’ll do.
Woman: …
8f Aster helps.jpg

Aster:  See Daisy?  Nothing to it!  Now let’s go play pirates some more.
8g pirate game.jpg

The next morning

Shari:  Thank you for opening the entrance to the Grotto, Andrew.  I can’t believe Mr. Landgraab boarded it up.
Andrew:  Happy to be of service, my dear.  I wish I could spend the day with you and Aster, but I’ve got to go to work.
8h Andrew grotto.jpg

Aster:  Why do I get to take a day off from school, Mama?
Shari:  Because you’ve earned an A and completed all of your childhood aspirations.  This is your reward.
Aster:  Are you sure it’s safe, Mama?
Shari:  Perfectly safe, but I’ll go first if you’d like.
8i Grotto entrance.jpg

Aster:  This is cool!  How long can we stay?
Shari:  Until it’s time for your siblings to get home from school.
8j grotto fishing.jpg

Aster:  I caught one!  What kind of fish is this, Mama?
Shari:  That’s a pufferfish.
8k Aster pufferfish.jpg

Andrew:  Are you ready for your birthday party, Aster?
Aster:  Just a minute, Papa.  I want to finish writing my first song while I’m still a child.
Andrew: I'm so proud!
8l Aster piano.jpg

Daisy:  This is a fun game, Papa!  Can we get one of these at home?
Andrew:  I don’t see why not.
8m horseshoes.jpg

Andrew:  To the birthday boy!  And let it be known that we successfully completed the “Make a Toast” party goal!
Daisy:  You’re funny, Papa.
John:  Well, I’m impressed.  That’s a tricky one to get right.
8n toast.jpg

The birthday boy as a child:
8o candles.jpg

And as a teen:
8p teen cake.jpg

And a collage to commemorate the occasion:
8q Collage Aster.jpg
Traits: Art Lover, Genius   Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy

Watcher’s note:  I have to confess that I have finally taken the plunge and added some cc to this save file.  I initially intended to make do without it, not that I have anything against it, but I was intimidated by the whole idea.  However, my own personal Tech Gurus were looking over my shoulder while I played the other day, and they have convinced me to give it a try.  And guess what?  It’s easy!  And fun!  I’m a cc convert!  First, the girls each got a new everyday dress and nightgown.

8r Collage Female cc.jpg
Vintage nightgown for girls by Maggie_Creel and Vintage Girls Dress, Victorian Dress, and Vintage Nightgown all by LullaLeeloo.
Daisy's dress was in this update, and I added Shari's new dress as a second everyday outfit.

And Shari got a typewriter by Esmeralda which you’ll see in the next update.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2018, 09:43:51 AM »
Wow, I thought I had commented on the last update but I guess not. So, I still love this story. It is so easy-going and nice Andrew is such a good dad and husband.  Aster is such a cutie. He's a great blend of his parents. And such a good brother to Daisy, I lol'ed out loud when he was meeting people with her and I just love the shot of everyone playing on the pirate ship. Evelyn continues to be the best neighbor ever. Man, you are seriously tempting me to join the cc club. Boys' hair leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. Anyway, congrats on a good update and good luck with the kiddos going forward. I wonder if Shari will ever tell them her little secret.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2018, 09:53:04 AM »
Andrew is stunning as a teen, and again your theme is genius.
Cant wait to see Fig and Daisy grow up too.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2018, 10:10:41 AM »
What a beautiful group of kids, and Fig looks really so much like one of Shari and Andrew's.
They all aged up so handsomely, and with great traits!
Andrew continues to be the perfect husband. (And I can see why a nanny who trails after his wife would make him uncomfortable...)

I was delighted to see Daisy's pretty dress and now I know! What lovely new clothing you've chosen for the girls!
Shari, you are raising a most wonderful family!
Watcher, you are writing a most delightful, heartwarming story! <3

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2018, 10:56:50 AM »
Uhoh!  Looks like someone's coming down with a bad case of cc addiction  ;=)  I kind of went crazy with cc during my Sims 3 days.  Haven't taken that plunge with Sims 4 as it really slowed down my game in 3.  Hope it works well for you and enables you to create all of those awesome tour-through-time looks you want!
The kids are so lovely!  Aster looks so classy as a young gentleman!  I adored his helpfulness with Daisy's socializing.  Normal looking Sims indeed  ;=)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2018, 09:19:27 PM »
Wow, I thought I had commented on the last update but I guess not. So, I still love this story. It is so easy-going and nice Andrew is such a good dad and husband.  Aster is such a cutie. He's a great blend of his parents. And such a good brother to Daisy, I lol'ed out loud when he was meeting people with her and I just love the shot of everyone playing on the pirate ship. Evelyn continues to be the best neighbor ever. Man, you are seriously tempting me to join the cc club. Boys' hair leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. Anyway, congrats on a good update and good luck with the kiddos going forward. I wonder if Shari will ever tell them her little secret.
I resisted adding cc to my game for a long time so I can understand your hesitation.  The two things that pushed me over the edge were the nightgowns for the girls and the typewriter.  I'll probably keep the typewriter, but I might get rid of everything else once we reach the modern age.   I'm glad you are enjoying this little family and their neighbors.  They are some of my favorite Sims ever, which is saying a lot. 

Andrew is stunning as a teen, and again your theme is genius.
Cant wait to see Fig and Daisy grow up too.
I'm pleased with the way Aster aged-up, too.  He actually chose that hairstyle himself so he didn't require much of a makeover.  I only had to change some of his clothes.

What a beautiful group of kids, and Fig looks really so much like one of Shari and Andrew's.
They all aged up so handsomely, and with great traits!
Andrew continues to be the perfect husband. (And I can see why a nanny who trails after his wife would make him uncomfortable...)
I was delighted to see Daisy's pretty dress and now I know! What lovely new clothing you've chosen for the girls!
Shari, you are raising a most wonderful family!
Watcher, you are writing a most delightful, heartwarming story! <3
Daisy is lucky to have two versions of the Vintage girl's dress in her outfits- the blue & green for everyday and the pink & brown for her party outfit.
I'm glad you are enjoying the story. It's been fun to read all the Sharebear stories and look for similarities and differences between them all.
As for the nanny, we aren't done with him yet...

Uhoh!  Looks like someone's coming down with a bad case of cc addiction  ;=)  I kind of went crazy with cc during my Sims 3 days.  Haven't taken that plunge with Sims 4 as it really slowed down my game in 3.  Hope it works well for you and enables you to create all of those awesome tour-through-time looks you want!
The kids are so lovely!  Aster looks so classy as a young gentleman!  I adored his helpfulness with Daisy's socializing.  Normal looking Sims indeed  ;=)
Haha!  Hopefully I can keep the amount of cc in my game to a reasonable level.  If things start lagging, it will have to go.  Except the typewriter.  I'm keeping the typewriter. 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Fish and Frogs (June 24)
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2018, 09:52:29 PM »
Fish and Frogs

Andrew: Why are there so many boys in the backyard, Shari?  Are we having a party?
Shari:  It’s a club meeting so the twins can work on Social Butterfly.  Fig finished Whiz Kid by earning an A in school today, and he chose Social Butterfly next.  Daisy is still trying to finish it, too.
Andrew: Do all the club members have to be boys?
Shari:  Those are all the children in our Simverse.  Don’t worry, though, Aster is out there with them.  He’ll keep the younger boys in line.
9a boy club.jpg

Andrew:  It’s getting late.  Should we send the club boys home?
Shari:  Give them a little more time.  We made a strategic error with Daisy’s aspiration which explains why it was taking her so long.
Andrew:  What’s that?
Shari:  We thought she was on the “Make friends with 2 adults and 3 children” step, but we forgot to have her make a BFF first.
9b Daisy Daichi.jpg

Daisy:  You’re my best friend, Daichi!
Daichi:  Best friends forever, Daisy!
Leonard (in the back): Darn it. I wanted to be her best friend.
9c Daisy BFF.jpg

Fig:  Thanks for being my second adult friend, Ms. Evelyn.
9d Evelyn Fig.jpg

Evelyn:  I’m happy to help, dear.  Who was your first adult friend?
Fig:  It must have been the nanny.
Evelyn: Oh? Does he still come around?
Fig: Yes, ma’am.  He’s over there right now helping Daisy start Artistic Prodigy.  Don’t tell Mama and Papa, though.  They don’t like it when he comes over uninvited.
9e Daisy Nanny.jpg

Fig: And then Leonard said that Daichi said that Daniel’s sister had eyes for Aster.  What does that mean, Papa?
Andrew: Never mind that, son.  Just finish your homework.
9f homework.jpg

Andrew:  Now listen, Mr. Nanny, I am perfectly capable of mentoring my daughter in piano.
Nanny: Why don’t we ask Miss Daisy if she—
Andrew: *fires the Nanny*
9g Daisy piano.jpg

Fig:  What are we doing here, Papa?  I thought you said we were going fishing.
Andrew: Shh…your mother is talking to the tree.
9h Sylvan Glade.jpg

Daisy:  Oooo…it’s so pretty!  I found a waterfall…and a rainbow!
9i waterfall.jpg

Fig:  I found a frog!
9j frog1.jpg

Daisy:  Look at the pretty fish Mama caught!
9k Shari fish.jpg

Daisy: I got one, too!  Look Papa!
Andrew: A treefish.  That’s quite a catch, Daisy!
9l Daisy fish.jpg

Fig: I found a frog!
9m frog2.jpg

Andrew:  And I caught…volume 1 of the Encyclopedia Vampirica?
9n Andrew fish.jpg

Andrew:  And with that amazing catch, I think it’s time to go home.  I have a surprise for your mother.
9o new house.jpg
Shari:  It’s beautiful!  And so spacious!  But I thought we weren’t going to expand until the kids were young adults.
Andrew:  That plan was based on only having two children.  And besides, now that we are both at level 9 of our careers, there’s plenty of money in the bank.

Fig:  Look Mama!  It has a music room!
9p music room.jpg

Daisy:  And a huge dining room!
9q dining room.jpg

Aster:  It has a painting studio, and that’s not all.  Look at your desk, Mama!
9r art studio.jpg

Shari:  A real typewriter!
9s typewriter.jpg

Andrew:  I thought this big room on the first floor might be good for future toddlers.
Shari: Yes.  And for now, we can use it for puppet shows.
Fig:  I can’t see anything!
9t puppets.jpg

Note:  I’ll show floorplans of the house once more of the interior is finished.  For now, there is a lot of empty space on the second floor.  I took inspiration for the house from actual 1800s farmhouses such as these .  Eventually, I’ll probably add a big covered porch on the right side to balance out the asymmetry. 

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2018, 10:10:23 PM »
Lovely update overall, but that house just stole the show!  It looks so like it fits into the time period and gives you so much room to stage your screenshots (which we al know is what we want most in a house).  Lovely work!
Daisy drawing the attention of all the boys was rather lovely!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2018, 11:57:44 PM »
Poor Andrew! He's a bit of a worrywart.
Now he has not only the nanny to deal with but also "all the boys in the yard." Hahahahaha!
What a productive day the family enjoyed at Sylvan Glade!
The house looks wonderful. I especially like your choice of decor/furnishings in the dining room.
It will be fun watching the house grow with the family!

And I love the typewriter!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2018, 06:03:30 PM »
I love your historical look! And your Sims are making good progress, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2018, 06:26:30 AM »
Ohh so many boys. Good she has a big brother to watch out for her.
Lovely house too.
Will the time evolve too with every generation?

anything