Author Topic: Deleting Saves for Xbox One  (Read 10643 times)

Offline MissSeaGal

• Nooboo
Deleting Saves for Xbox One
« on: April 30, 2018, 09:43:02 PM »
So my main profile on Xbox One is loaded with households and it takes forever to load (sometimes I have to wait 10+ minutes in the main screen before I even get to the main menu)
I've searched far and wide and I haven't been able to find anything about deleting old games, is this possible?
I know you can simply override them with new games, or in Xbox settings you can delete all of your save data but I just want to delete a few saves without overriding them.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Deleting Saves for Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:22:56 PM »
Deleting saves should be possible via the system itself. You can find the link to the topic from the index of topics on the page linked below:

Xbox One cloud game saves: FAQ
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline daydreamer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:53:25 PM »
Pretty certain we can't pick and choose which save files to delete on Xbox One. I could be wrong, in which case I hope somebody corrects me so I can learn how to do it.  ;D

Offline MissSeaGal

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 11:23:57 PM »
Deleting saves should be possible via the system itself. You can find the link to the topic from the index of topics on the page linked below:

I've tried that before it literally wipes out all of my save data for the game, you can't chose individual saves to delete.  :(

Offline daydreamer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »

I've tried that before it literally wipes out all of my save data for the game, you can't chose individual saves to delete.  :(

I am thinking that they'll soon fix this issue because it's just such a huge oversight. Why would we want to wipe out everything we've ever played just to clean up the save files a little bit? It just doesn't make sense.  :(

Offline MissSeaGal

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 11:55:59 AM »

I am thinking that they'll soon fix this issue because it's just such a huge oversight. Why would we want to wipe out everything we've ever played just to clean up the save files a little bit? It just doesn't make sense.  :(
I hope so! I've never played the pc version so I'm not sure if it's the same but it's very frustrating and slows down my system a lot.

Offline daydreamer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 12:20:56 PM »
On PC you do have the ability to delete individual saves. I'm not sure why or how it isn't possible on PS4 or Xbox One, because it's possible on older version of the Sims, like Sims 3 on Xbox 360, for instance. That's what's giving me hope that they'll change it *fingers crossed*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »
I don't play Sims 4 on a console.
But when I was playing Final Fantasy XV on my PS4 last spring, I started copying my saves over to a thumb drive.
Is that possible with an XBox One?  Just wondering.

Sorry for the uniformed comment... *goofy grin

Offline MissSeaGal

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »
I don't play Sims 4 on a console.
But when I was playing Final Fantasy XV on my PS4 last spring, I started copying my saves over to a thumb drive.
Is that possible with an XBox One?  Just wondering.

Sorry for the uniformed comment... *goofy grin
I don't see why not. I will have to look into it though, haven't had my Xbox for very long.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 08:02:39 PM »
I don't own an XBox One, but something to try is selecting Sims 4 from the Games & Apps screen to see what kind of options you have there.

Please Note: For both PS4 and Xbox One, you have to delete saves from the operating system.

The company that is porting over the Sims 4 to console may not be able to change the way either console's operating system handles deleting saved games. That type of change would need to come from the console makers themselves.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything