Author Topic: Writing and books  (Read 14655 times)

Offline Aarontsc

• Nooboo
Writing and books
« on: June 23, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »
I've looked everywhere, and can't seem to find a current answer. Can you see books you've published besides the royalty report, as that cuts off after a number of books. Can you purchase books you've published? I can't imagine so many years after the release that you couldn't, but I don't know.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Writing and books
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 03:40:58 PM »
I've looked everywhere, and can't seem to find a current answer. Can you see books you've published besides the royalty report, as that cuts off after a number of books. Can you purchase books you've published? I can't imagine so many years after the release that you couldn't, but I don't know.

Welcome to the forum Aarontsc, sadly we can not see the books we have written. Once they are sent out for publishing, they are gone. Also, we can not buy them either. Sometimes, what I do, I have my writer sim, write some children's books and keep them. Also, I have them write some others to keep around.

Again, Welcome to the forum,

Shannon

EDITED:

@Tynynounours is correct, I tend to forget about that option. Just drag it onto a surface and click "make copy".

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 03:49:19 PM »
On the PC games, there's the option to make a copy when you click on the book you've written.
The copy is a worse quality, but that way, you can keep a reminder, and publish the original. You can't publish the copy, only the original.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 03:51:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum @Aarontsc

I'd like to address your question about purchasing books.
Honestly, I don't know whether Sims 4 on Console works the same as with Sims 4 for PC in this respect.
However, on the PC version, my sims can make/buy copies of books they've written but only before they've been published.
After a book's been published, it's gone (except for the royalties).
A copy of a book cannot be published, but it can be stored in the sims' bookcase for the household's reading enjoyment.
So a writer sim can publish the originals and, for specific books, keep copies to read.

To make a copy, place the original book on a surface, then have the sim click on the book and choose the option "Copy ($price)."
The original book remains on the ground while the copy appears in the sim's personal inventory.

For your sake, I hope copying books works the same for Sims 4 on Console.
Best wishes and happy simming

Offline Aarontsc

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 03:53:30 PM »
Thank you for the replies and welcoming. It's crazy that this isn't an option after so long. I only just decided I wanted to keep them 47 published books into my career. Ah well, I really hope it changes. Thanks again

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 03:55:04 PM »
So if your sim clicks on a book they wrote, they don't get the option to make/buy a copy of it?