Author Topic: Appeasing the Gnomes  (Read 83978 times)

Offline Branr

• Occult
Appeasing the Gnomes
« on: June 24, 2018, 09:37:34 AM »
Strictly Business gnome wants a toy.
Bearly gnome wants fruitcake.

Offline Franki

• Occult
Re: Appeasing the Gnomes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 06:27:01 AM »
Not sure on names but from left to right and I'm not 100% sure on the order but it was Pie, Pie, Fruitcake. Sorry to not be of more help, just remember that two enjoyed pies and one wanted fruitcake.

Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »
@Franki
Your gnomes are Strictly Business Gnome (left, yellow cap), There's No Place Like Gnome (center), and Don't Fear the Reagnomper (right). :)

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »
Mr. Floppy the Gnome is salad (duh!)

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 08:49:49 PM »
I don't know it's real name, but the New Year's Eve Gnome is coffee.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »
If you look under Decorations/Statue, you can find all the gnomes and their names.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 12:22:06 AM »
Gnomes are more alive now?  They want and can receive food and stuff?  Do they move?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 05:59:18 AM »
Hey Joria, good to see you.  When you have a holiday and choose holiday gnomes, you just place your choice of a gnome in your house.  On the day of the holiday, you have to choose to appease the gnome.  If he gets a halo your good, but more show up and you have to appease all of them or they will not go away.  After they all get halos, my sims kicks them and they poof, disappear, leaving behind a trash pile and usually a pack of seeds. If you don't get to them in time, they will destroy your house.  At one point, every appliance, sink and everything else, was  broken.  Thank heavens my sim was level 10 in handiness, lol.  So far, I have chosen random items to give to the gnomes and whatever I pick, they seem happy with it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 07:19:30 AM »
I haven't placed any gnomes, but I always get three turning up. That might be why you end up with more arriving! I tested having three gnome holidays in one week and ended up with three more each time.

If you don't kick the gnomes, you get a LOT of seed packets scattered around.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »
I get about 6 gnomes that just appear in my sims home every "Thanksgiving" holiday. Sometimes the only actions I can choose when I click on them is name and admire, but other times I can choose to give them food, coffee, etc. I cannot get rid of them however!  I've heard that you can kick them and they'll go away, but I don't get that option. Any suggestions?

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 12:35:11 AM »
I just sell them in buy mode.

Offline keyarrapb

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »
I made a small google doc on my findings for the Gnomes, if you check it out and notice something is wrong please let me know
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zVyGzMh6aKDiaqyY_vDT04ftsMFUmFdsTj_6wRP9RFM/edit?usp=sharing

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 08:04:07 PM »
@keyarrapb Welcome to the forum and thanks for the google doc on the gnomes.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »
I get about 6 gnomes that just appear in my sims home every "Thanksgiving" holiday. Sometimes the only actions I can choose when I click on them is name and admire, but other times I can choose to give them food, coffee, etc. I cannot get rid of them however!  I've heard that you can kick them and they'll go away, but I don't get that option. Any suggestions?

No NO NO, never kick them. That just makes them angry and no one in the house can appease them. I sent two sims outside to appease them in my Sharebear Legacy and they just decided to kick them all on their own. Oh man, I had flaming gnomes all over the house.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »

No NO NO, never kick them. That just makes them angry and no one in the house can appease them. I sent two sims outside to appease them in my Sharebear Legacy and they just decided to kick them all on their own. Oh man, I had flaming gnomes all over the house.
I like kicking them. It make a fun mini game of "gotta kick them all" and you have to win before they ruin your whole home. I love high stakes games like that. Appeasing them gets you seeds, selling them gets you cash, but kicking them gets you a chance to play a game with every breakable object in your home possibly ruined if you don't win. The first two are far more profitable but the latter is much more fun in my opinion. I usually go with the most fun option and kick the gnomes. Chaos rules. Besides look at all the parts you will get fixing everything they break. Then all those piles of trash to search for more parts then drag them outside and get some trash plants.

OK if you like your home and don't wish it damaged and don't want any new trash plants, you should skip the "gotta kick them all" mini game and sell or appease them as an army of gnomes breaking stuff can do a number on your home unless your family is large and fast at kicking them nasty flaming gnomes that appear everywhere breaking stuff. @sdhoey is right they can do some nasty things to ones home. Still it is fun. LOL

anything