Author Topic: Fertilizer Guide  (Read 2972 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Fertilizer Guide
« on: July 29, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »
@Carl

Thank you for the extensive play-testing, taking of screenshots, and writing you've done lately to update your wonderful guides.
The Fertilizer Guide is really great. How disappointing (for me) that fish freshness influences fertilizing effectiveness! So hard to keep fish fresh!

At the very bottom of the page, you write as follows:
GROWFRUIT, BEE BOXES AND FUNGAL INFUSION (HERMIT)
Growfruit (from the Spring Challenge) are the only plant that gets a 'high' fertilizer grade score. They are available by cheating (bb.showhiddenobjects).

I think it's worth mentioning that growfruit can also also be purchased from the kiosk in Granite Falls' Campground area.

Again, thanks for all the new guides you've created recently! I'm loving the video guides, too.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Fertilizer Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 11:04:53 AM »
Yeah it stinks. That line is wrong now. If you get Growfruit base value to excellent I think it hits $50/fruit, so it then becomes as good as any other fertilizer but NO BETTER either. Redoing fertilizer is something I'm going to do before I take a break from production. It's been a hectic 3 months for me now but I'm off to a great start with videos - thanks for checking them out.

The fertilzer video will shrink to about half the length when Im done.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 03:03:29 PM »
It may be worth mentioning poo can be used as fertilizer but is of low strength. Just for completeness sake.

BTW great guide, I was looking everywhere for such a guide and couldn't find one before you made yours. Thanks

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »
A poo would be based upon its value - so unless a dog was making them worth $20, it'd be an inferior fertilizer. Do wonder about the rainbow kind, if it may have a higher value..But yeah, no major point to it all with them throwing the deep system out for a simplified one. It's really weird to me that decision was made, because it was a total nerf to growfruit - an item that was supposed to be a great fertilizer. Now a base level growfruit is weaker than a fresh bass (caught at level 10) or a pomegranate with a couple quality upgrades. Kinda disappointed me to find this out.

anything