Author Topic: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities  (Read 241934 times)

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
Re: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
I found that being a kleptomatic helps a lot. I have stolen very nice items to pay for debt. In one week, I make about 40,000.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 02:20:59 AM »
I now have a soulpiece - does it turn into a spire cut naturally or...?

- Another Question Does Tiberium have to be Transmuted or Found, if found where? I will soon be able to start board breaking with Space Rocks so that should be good!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2010, 02:42:10 AM »

No, only Tiberium does that as far as I know.

Does Tiberium have to be Transmuted or Found, if found where?

You can find it on the ground in Egypt or at all three relic merchants.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 07:55:08 PM »

- Another Question Does Tiberium have to be Transmuted or Found, if found where? I will soon be able to start board breaking with Space Rocks so that should be good!
Board Breaking is amazingly good at getting gems, including soulpeaces and tiberium! You just have to be careful, as I have found that you can only break 7 or 8 space rocks before your sim gets fatigued, but I don't know if any of the athletic challenges will help with that. I'm sure someone else will though!
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
Board Breaking is amazingly good at getting gems, including soulpeaces and tiberium! You just have to be careful, as I have found that you can only break 7 or 8 space rocks before your sim gets fatigued, but I don't know if any of the athletic challenges will help with that. I'm sure someone else will though!

I got the impression from Carl's Martial Arts Guide that achieving the BodyBuilder challenge (60 hours strength training) eliminated fatigue in Martial Arts training. I haven't confirmed this.

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2010, 01:15:32 AM »

I got the impression from Carl's Martial Arts Guide that achieving the BodyBuilder challenge (60 hours strength training) eliminated fatigue in Martial Arts training. I haven't confirmed this.
Completing that challenge does make your sim be able to break boards 24/7 in others words forever as long as the other needs are not low enough.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2010, 01:51:32 AM »
I proabably made the mistake of cutting it into a spire cut, it is not worth a 100 yet... does it have to grow or should I have left it alone?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2010, 07:17:36 AM »
If you cut the Tiberium into a spire cut (which is very expensive), it will transform to a larger spire cut that's worth the big money.  Better to cut it into the much less expensive heart cut if it's available.  They will both transform into the larger spire cut when you get them back.  Do a search through the forum for tiberium and you'll find at least one other thread that has quite a bit of information about Tiberium.  In fact, this is a good one for you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

TylerDurden

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »

That is the case, but you will find that your other needs, usually hunger, kick you out of your endless rock breaking and such.  You do get the advantage of being able to go right back after you take care of food or bathroom needs except hygiene... it doesn't kick you out of anything automatically it seems.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2010, 10:15:09 PM »

Completing that challenge does make your sim be able to break boards 24/7 in others words forever as long as the other needs are not low enough.
I had a feeling that that was the case, but I never actually tested it myself, so I didn't want to say it then be completely wrong.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2010, 08:01:01 AM »
First post ... hope I'm doing this in the right place!!

We have been testing various transfigurations on the Carter XL display, and came up with a couple of interesting results.

COPPER.  You can end up with masses of the stuff when in Egypt, and it's cheap.  Place 5 bars on the top left space on the Carter, then one bar in each other location.  Transfiguration gives you a large copper bar and a FREE large PALLADIUM worth around $3000.

IRIDIUM.  We've only done this once, so still under test.  Place 4 bars in the top left corner, and one on each other location.  That's 11 bars worth in total about $1500 and the $500 cost of 'Irreversible Trasfiguration"  This resulted in ...
One Large Iridium  $747
One Large Copper  $196
One Large Supernovium  $81,191.  Yes, over 81 thousand!

Another test on that one later today, once our Sim has been to France, and spent the entire trip using the Collection Helper to find metals ... with IRIDIUM at the top of the list!

EDIT --- YES, not a random result. 

Stack the Iridium bars in the correct pattern

4 1 1 1
1 1 1 1

The output seems to be:
One Large Iridium [worth roughly 8 bars]
One Large Copper worth about one Iridium bar.
And each time we got a Large Supernovium worth about 80,000

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »
Further to the above, we tried several combinations with different bars - it seems that only Iridium produces the result.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »

I had a feeling that that was the case, but I never actually tested it myself, so I didn't want to say it then be completely wrong.

First post.
I have a sim with the Bodybuilder challenge and Hardly Hungry LTR that I turned into a mummy, he'll chop blocks for ages.  I que up a few 'practice space rock block' and make sure hes got some high quality WA food with him and let him loose.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, TommyT!  Your avatar next to your name isn't rendering properly.  Please try uploading it again.

Great tip about the mummy.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Slingsby and TommyT!  Glad you both have joined us.