Author Topic: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities  (Read 244007 times)

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
Re: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2010, 02:39:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum Slingsby and TommyT!  Glad you both have joined us.

Thanks for the welcome - so many Sims Forums out there, but Carl's Guide convinced me to join up here - that and my Iridium 'discovery'  ;D

BTW, we've been Simming all the way through TS1 and TS2 as well.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2010, 04:33:26 AM »
EDIT --- YES, not a random result. 

Stack the Iridium bars in the correct pattern

4 1 1 1
1 1 1 1

The output seems to be:
One Large Iridium [worth roughly 8 bars]
One Large Copper worth about one Iridium bar.
And each time we got a Large Supernovium worth about 80,000

That's quite a discovery, Slingsby.  I wasn't able to duplicate your results, however.  I put four iridium in the upper left slot, then a single iridium in each of the remaining slots.  It resulted in one large iridium bar worth $1,125 and one large Palladium bar worth $3,200.  Nothing else.  Have you tested this again?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2010, 06:20:34 AM »
That's quite a discovery, Slingsby.  I wasn't able to duplicate your results, however.  I put four iridium in the upper left slot, then a single iridium in each of the remaining slots.  It resulted in one large iridium bar worth $1,125 and one large Palladium bar worth $3,200.  Nothing else.  Have you tested this again?

How strange!  I'm running on a Mac - surely that couldn't make a difference?  The result you got was typical of our tests with 4 + 7 Copper.

Our IRIDIUM results were:
Test 1 = Iridium 747, Copper 196, Supernovium 81,191
Test 2 = Iridium 880, Copper 110, Supernovium 76,266

Other results [all with 4 top left and then a single bar in the others] generated Large Bars as follows:

GOLD = Gold 1032, Platinum 918
PALLADIUM = Palladium 3200, Titanium 12,800
TITANIUM = Titanium 11,935, Palladium 3000

I'm completely out of Iridium at the moment, so I can't do another test until I get a Sim to France.  I'll report back in a day or so once we've collected more!  :)

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »
It seems there are enough possibilities in Irreversible Transfigurification to make that aspect of the game like a whole game in itself!  I want to try for a large skull-cut tiberium...

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2010, 02:34:29 PM »
It seems there are enough possibilities in Irreversible Transfigurification to make that aspect of the game like a whole game in itself!  I want to try for a large skull-cut tiberium...

Easy - ask me VERY nicely and I'll tell you  ;D

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »
Iridium test completed ... and a few others too.

Answers on another thread here, just check my posts.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »

Colonel Jessup is in da' house!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2010, 03:17:37 PM »

I guess that has some meaning, but I'm a Newbie. 

And British.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2010, 03:26:21 PM »
Easy - ask me VERY nicely and I'll tell you  ;D

And British.

Ah. I thought for sure you were paying homage to Colonel Jessup's famous "You gotta ask me nicely" speech in A Few Good Men. Okay, steering back on course now. :)

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2010, 03:31:58 PM »
Easy - ask me VERY nicely and I'll tell you  ;D

And British.

Ah. I thought for sure you were paying homage to Colonel Jessup's famous "You gotta ask me nicely" speech in A Few Good Men. Okay, steering back on course now. :)

Nope - Carl's Guide says how to do Tiberium Skulls. 
We know ... we have a skull of very kind!

Anyway, we're drifting!   :)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2010, 04:57:52 PM »
Just to answer Eftyen: Have 5 different types of cuts and you'll get the skull cut. Also, have more tiberium than any other gem to fully ensure that the skull is tiberium.
Actually, Carl describes the process of skull cuts with the example of tiberium in his guide.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2010, 05:01:58 AM »
Supernovium test completed, and results confirmed

See  http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,747.msg15246.html#msg15246

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
Have another couple of small money-making options, applicable to your regular travellers to WA destinations.

Once you have unravelled all the tomb challenges, on the return visits there's not a great deal to be found in the tombs.  Just money bags, a few relics ... and those piles of ancient coins, that keep mounting up in your 'secret bank account'.  You've already bought all the stuff you need from the Special Merchant, so the total just keeps rising.  Use 2,500 ancient coins to buy a 'Sultan's Tabernacle' tent ... and then sell it immediately for §50,000.  Don't leave it in your inventory - it depreciates by §5,000 if you take it home with you, and it goes on depreciating.

On return trips, just concentrate on excavating all those dig-sites that show up with the Tears of Horus.  Non-stop work will gather in 100 relics in a few days.  Then take them home, stick them in a chest, and use to make up the §3,500-§4,999 load on the Carter XL [you may find it helpful to have a calculator handy].  "Plant" the resulting Tiberium in the usual way to grow into the large spire cut worth around §40,000.  Our explorer has just planted 12 small Tiberium made using assorted bits of relics from 3 days' digging.  That's the best part of §500,000 for 3 days' work!

Now - has anyone discovered anything really useful or valuable to do with a Dive Well?  The sarcophagus is "a bed", and a pushable statue is worth §1,000 [but depreciates].  But why the dive well?

Leto85

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2010, 02:23:51 PM »
I guess I'll jump on painting instead of waiting for someone to volunteer. If someone still wants to get info on painting later that's fine and we can just combine results.

--------

EDIT: I don't know if it's worth getting hourly stats on all of the careers, but I'm going to turn my guitarist/painter into a doctor for a few weeks. He has so much money from the guitar playing and so many nice Happiness rewards that he should be able to get a promotion every single day. The Medical career has the highest base pay, so it would be nice to see the hourly wage of a really high lvl 10 doctor compared to self-employed options.

Oh, can I join you with the painting challenge? One of my sims has painted since she could hold a pencil and I have collected almost all the paintings she has made since. At least al the brilliant and masterpieces (and at the end all the normals to at the moment I saw that some normals can increase per day even more than one masterpiece). She has painted over more than 450 paintings now and the the highest values are beyond $7000,- now. I've already included the number of the paintings in the paintings name itself, so even if you want me to name them by number, that will be possible. Tell me how you want to do it. Just keep on painting I asume?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »
Tell me how you want to do it. Just keep on painting I asume?

To be honest, I'm not giving this thread a whole lot of attention lately, but by all means, if you want to submit some info on painting that would be great. Just paint for x number of hours and sell everything you paint and that will give you an hourly rate. Thanks for the offer to help.

anything