Author Topic: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities  (Read 244072 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2010, 05:50:27 PM »
Have anyone tried registering in City Hall as a musician which has a band? If yes, is it a good way to get money?I mean if it's as good as one of normal careers.

The sole income a band makes is gig opportunities. That money is peanuts compared to tip playing in subways. If you're willing to invest the time to boost the performance number in a instrument's skill journal you could feasibly make 1+ million a day. The sky is the limit depending on that performance number.

Offline sdinger70

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »
Will the musician technique mentioned in the firs post work on the 360 as well?

Best way to check is to get to level 5 in the instrument (or whatever level you can perform a song at on the 360). Buy a song, learn it, start to perform it and cancel at the correct time. Check your performance log before and after to see if it gives you credit for performing the song. I wouldn't test the playing for tips until you get at least 100 songs performed, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

trickytrickester2010

« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2010, 05:36:40 PM »
Is there any cheats for making money?  I just went and got the Sims three today and the other Sims I had you had the cheats for it, but this one I can't find anything on? :o

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2010, 09:39:33 PM »
is there any cheats for making money  i just went and got the sims three today and the other sims i had u had the cheats for it  but this one i cant find anythng? :o

50,000 = motherlode

1,000 = kaching

Add Family Funds: familyfunds + (type familyname) + (type amount of Simoleons). This cheat will add the amount of Simoleons you entered to the Sims family you entered.

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
  • Concerto No. 2 (3rd Movement) - F. Seitz
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »
I've found an average ratio of the amount of performances to the amount of tips. (Based off of Metro stats)
1:25 is the average of the three.
So if you've only done say 240 and want to know the amount of tips- it would be (1*240)=240:(25*240)=6000---240 performances:$6000/hr.
Isn't that the right math...?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2010, 11:22:46 PM »
is there any cheats for making money  i just went and got the sims three today and the other sims i had u had the cheats for it  but this one i cant find anythng? :o

Welcome to the Forum!  You can check out the Guide page for cheats.  Also, please refer to our Forum Rules about the use of proper English and no text-speak.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Noobertuber

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »
Just a question about the start of the thread; are the people (Da vinchi and wildredchild) still doing writing and gardening money checks?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2010, 07:13:59 AM »
Just a question about the start of the thread; are the people (Da vinchi and wildredchild) still doing writing and gardening money checks?

No. I would basically completely ignore the first post's info since it is so old. Even my own information with painting and guitar I've surpassed with other characters.

Stirus

« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2010, 10:56:32 AM »
1. 5 Star Celeb with Star Quality: go to bookstore, buy as many books as you can with your current money, sell the books, repeat   ;) .
2. Instruments
3. Painting (haven't done sculpting yet)
4. Businesses (Real Estate)

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »
Has anyone tested playing the instruments in the subways?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2011, 02:23:08 PM »
Has anyone tested playing the instruments in the subways?

It's ridiculous. I have not pushed it really high yet, but mentioned some figures in my band article on the Guide. If you had the "Star" Challenge done AND had around 1000 performances in the skill journal, I'd guess you could rake in close to a million simoleans over a 24-hour period. But, Pam says the subway mechanic was toned down in the last patch. I have not done tip playing in the subway since my article to get a feel one way or another.

banded

« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
hi I just managed to register was having problems because of activation  :D. anyway, I have a sim with 3000 guitar performances, guitar star challenge and the rest of the guitar challenges and at the moment I'm getting a maximum of about 65000 simoleons each tip in bridgeport's subways. they give you so much more money in bridgeport as I was getting nohwhere near that before I moved from sunset valley.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »
hi I just managed to register was having problems because of activation  :D. anyway, I have a sim with 3000 guitar performances, guitar star challenge and the rest of the guitar challenges and at the moment I'm getting a maximum of about 65000 simoleons each tip in bridgeport's subways. they give you so much more money in bridgeport as I was getting nohwhere near that before I moved from sunset valley.

Wow. That's interesting? Now, you're saying you did not play in subways in Sunset Valley? I have not heard that individual tip amounts in subways are necessarily more than individual tips elsewhere — just that they fly at you a lot faster. At least that's been my experience. Nicely done on the 3k performances. I guess you and I are the exclusive partners in the 2-member 3000 club.  :D

banded

« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »
Hi Metro. I actually saw your first post in this thread and thought wow I want to do that so I got all my performances in SV. Then got ambitions and Late night for christmas and instantly moved to bridgeport because everyone was saying "the subway is the best for tips". It's really wierd but in carls guide it was saying you would earn more than what I was earning outside the SV theatre. I was really amazed with the tips in bridgeport. also a quick question for everyone. where do you live in bridgeport? personally I kicked old and new glam of their beautiful vista lot to somewhere else and built a house there  ;).

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »
Hi Metro. I actually saw your first post in this thread and thought wow I want to do that so I got all my performances in SV. Then got ambitions and Late night for christmas and instantly moved to bridgeport because everyone was saying "the subway is the best for tips". It's really wierd but in carls guide it was saying you would earn more than what I was earning outside the SV theatre. I was really amazed with the tips in bridgeport. also a quick question for everyone. where do you live in bridgeport? personally I kicked old and new glam of their beautiful vista lot to somewhere else and built a house there  ;).

Odd... I got the same about the same thing for Christmas... Anways, I think the play for tips at the subway is way to insane. When I had a band, I had my whole band play in the same subway, and they got 4,448 Simoleans for just one session. So despite remembering what they said about someone fixing it in an update, it's still just as crazy as before. Two more things, One is that anywhere is a good place for subways if your Sims are really good and two the beautiful vista is really a useless moodlet, because you can only access it at home, and unless you can get an increase in job performance at home it really isn't that helpful. Whew I got all that done in one post.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

anything