Author Topic: Struggling with Musical Genius Milestone (Harmonious) *Fixed!!*  (Read 4731 times)

Offline MOONSUN4Life

• Nooboo
I'm a newcomer to the Sims franchise and to this forum. I apologize if this question has been asked before, but couldn't find a topic that seemed to address the issue I'm having on the PS4 version of the game.

I have a four-member household with one member having the Musical Genius aspiration. She has reached level 10 in singing, guitar and piano, and has been promoted to Concert Virtuoso in the Entertainer career.

I've been trying to complete the Harmonious milestone of the Musical Genius aspiration, which requires:

• Achieve level 6 Skill in an Instrument
  • Write 4 Songs
  • Earn $500 from Licensed Songs

So far, I've had no problem completing the first requirement, my Sim has also been able to license one song, and she's written three other songs on the piano, on the guitar, and on the microphone.

I'm aware that she can only license one song per instrument per week, but here's where things have started to get wonky for me:

• The 4 songs that my Sim has written have not registered at all (the game still says 0/4);
  • The income I have gotten for the one licensed song has not registered at all, even though my Sim has been paid royalties of 289 simoleons 3 times already, which should have been more than enough to complete this requirements (the game still says 0/500).

My question is, have any of you experienced this issue and if so, were you able to solve it (and how)?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Struggling with Musical Genius Milestone (Harmonious)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
This information is from the pc/mac version, but gameplay on console is made to be similar enough that the tips and tricks be used on the console edition. 

It sounds like you can write songs at skill level 8, but not license them till skill level 9, regardless of what instrument you have.

See link below for more details.

[FIXED] Sim cannot license music
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Sim-cannot-license-music/m-p/4369621#M9169

The game may have had a licensing glitch that may not be patched in the console edition. If you come across any glitches or bugs, it's best to post to the Sims 4 AHQ Bug Report forum. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MOONSUN4Life

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »
Thank you for your reply, MrsFlynn. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it doesn't help me much, as my Sim has already maxed out her skills in singing, guitar and piano. My Sim has already been able to license one song and been paid at least three times, but the game does not register those (it still says 0/4 songs written and 0/500 simoleons received for licensed songs), so it looks as though I will never be able to complete that milestone no matter how many songs my Sim writes.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »
That's why I mentioned that this may be a glitch or bug that may not be patched in the console edition. You might try posting about your issue on the Sims 4 Bug Report forum to see if there's any work arounds you can try.

Report Bugs via Answers HQ Forum:

1. Go to - http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs and click the New Post button to the right of the screen.

2. Fill out the form. To make sure it's to your liking, select Preview before clicking the Submit button.

** If you want to be notified of replies, checkmark the Subscribe to replies.

Or check this post (linked below) from Crinrict that shows how to with photos!!

How To: Report a Bug via the AHQ Bug Forum -
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Welcome-to-the-Sims-Section-of-AHQ/m-p/6931727#M6514
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MOONSUN4Life

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 05:07:42 PM »
Thank you, MrsFlynn, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, as I appreciate the help.

I will do as you suggest and report it as a glitch.

Offline MOONSUN4Life

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »
Your suggestion worked, MrsFlynn, as reporting the problem as a glitch did the trick!

Except... it wasn't a glitch at all, unless noobishness at a game counts as a glitch of some sort.

A helpful person at the AHQ Bug Forum made me realize that I had been using the "Write Lyrics" prompt instead of the "Write Song" prompt, which is why none of my licensed songs and royalties counted towards my Sim's aspiration progression! As soon as my Sim completed a song using the "Write Song" prompt and licensed it, the game immediately counted it towards my progression, and then again after I got paid royalties on that song.

Problem solved!  :)