Author Topic: Never Nominated and always have kissing scenes with same gender  (Read 8564 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Hi, my sim is level 9 in the actor career and is also level 9 in the acting skill, and she has never been nominated for an award. So I am unable to get that milestone for her aspiration. I send her each Sunday to the awards show just in case, and nothing.. she is a 3 star famous sim. Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but for the last 4 jobs, any romantic scenes that she has is always with another woman.. not that I care that she gets to kiss another girl, just it seems a bit weird that no matter which job I choose (Pirate/Doctor/mid century etc..) her romantic interest is the same gender..

Any advice on the awards would be much appreciated, and any feedback on if you are finding the same issue in regards to the romantic scenes would be great! TIA

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Never Nominated and always have kissing scenes with same gender
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:48:12 PM »
My male sim is always doing scenes with the same gender too. I didn't pay much notice to it though seeing as he has a husband. I had thought that the game picks randomly and is separate to the attraction system (as such) that will start neutral and depending on who your sim flirts with, will then grow that attraction for that gender.

So what I am saying is... I 'think' the gender of your sims co-workers is random.  :)

My L10 actor still hasn't been nominated for an award either despite having many perfect career performances with 3 fame points etc etc. I was starting to feel like it was a bug but I'm going to play for a few career days longer and see.

There is an open bug report around this topic of awards, although slightly different issue: Sims Can't Receive Awards- Bug Report
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:10:13 AM »
Thanks so much Play, I was wondering if it was just me, but it seems it isn't! I am loath to cheat to get past the milestone, but she is level 10 acting, 4 star (almost 5) and top of the actor career and has had another 4 jobs.. so might have to just give it up.. hopefully you'll have more luck!!  ;D

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:11:16 AM »
I may be wrong, but to me it feels like certain gigs were made with a certain actor gender in mind - that is to say that some roles seem, to me at least, more masculine and other more feminine. But like I stated, I may be totally wrong on this. My thoughts on this are based on my own gameplay and that of some YouTubers.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 12:04:03 PM »
Hey guys.  I can't say anything about the gender of the co-workers, though I do agree with Play and think it is random.  As for the nomination.  I believe there is a bug in that it will show you are nominated the first time but you can go to the awards and get one after that.  In fact, my actress sim got nominated first (I had no idea there were awards XD) and then she went for a couple more weeks without a nomination and still got an award.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 12:56:38 AM »
I have a level 7 bisexual female actress fame level 5, level 10 in acting. She has never had a male romantic interest costar. 4 out of 4 have been female.

I too have never won a reward. This is inspite of great moods, all skills maxed, maxed fame, great reputation, all career related fame perks, and more. No rewards. She also is a musician with hits on all instruments, over 20 best seller books, over 20 painted masterpieces. And more.

If I don't get an award by the time I get that first bonus after reaching level 10 I am going to scream. Perfect sims, producing perfect hit movies should eventually win something. Especially since she paints, writes books, writes music, mixes music, blogs, and more to get the recognition she needs to earn a reward. Sometimes I wonder who she will have to sleep with to win.

Has anyone had a sim win an award? Just wondering. Maybe it is bugged.

Offline Anna

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 10:04:54 AM »
I've had Venessa Jeong win some acting awards. Her agency has typically told her she's been nominated after she does really well on an acting job. She doesn't always win, but she's won about three awards if I recall.

She's also only had kissing scenes with women, but I've noticed that her costars seem to be the same people very time at the moment. She's had maybe one male costar and he wasn't the romantic interest. Since then, all her costars have been women.

If it's a bug, at least it's a bug that doesn't bother me.
Chambers Apocalypse Challenge - ongoing, game-typical themes including references to woohoo and crime, no explicit mature description

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 04:14:26 PM »
Well at least I know you can win an award. I am kinda wondering why my sim hasn't yet won one and what the requirements are. I never failed to give a perfect performance that agency raves about. She has been nominated countless time yet nothing.

It doesn't bother me all my Romantic interest costars are women, I just think it is weird. I have had several male costars but they haven't been cast as the romantic interest as of yet.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 05:22:57 PM »
Right after I typed the above, I got a reward for best book, and then I got my first male romantic interest.

Offline Anna

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 07:26:38 PM »
When it rains, it pours  ;D

Also, I apologise if I seemed to imply there was something wrong with wondering what was going on with the bug.
Chambers Apocalypse Challenge - ongoing, game-typical themes including references to woohoo and crime, no explicit mature description

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 08:25:29 AM »
For both my actors, their co stars were always the opposite gender.

As for the award, My level ten actress - nominated & never won, Level 5 actor - nominated & won for writing not acting, 1 star celebrity - nominated and won for best digital recording. I think the award is random so I always send my Sims to the ceremony just in case ;)

anything