Author Topic: 2019 Sims 4 World Ranking  (Read 10481 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: 2019 Sims 4 World Ranking
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 07:43:16 AM »
yay, am on the list! Was so worried after constant crashes prevented me finishing the first challenge in January and I thought I wouldn't be able to participate this year after all.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »
With Stay-at-Home Parent now in the books, I just updated the World Ranking. Not too many changes up at the top with our heavy hitters. Deveroux and Nikitachi were #1 and #2 beforehand, and that's exactly how they finished in the event, so they cemented their place even more. Since thekatie0409 sat the event out, LenaLJ jumped ahead of her. 4 new players joined the World Ranking with this update: furbyqueen, mariposa1127, Abyshep and Deklitch. And finally, a special shout out to coolsim9999999 who jumped 4 places -- more than anyone else. Well done.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 07:18:56 AM »
The Simazing Race is now closed and the World Ranking has been updated. The gap between Deveroux and Nikitachi got even narrower. It will be interesting to see how dropping a player's worst event will affect their ranking because that is coming up soon.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 07:34:10 AM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man« on: Today at 07:18:56 AM »The Simazing Race is now closed and the World Ranking has been updated. The gap between Deveroux and Nikitachi got even narrower. It will be interesting to see how dropping a player's worst event will affect their ranking because that is coming up soon.

@Metropolis Man Does having the worst event dropped happen once a player has played 10 challenges or 5, in other word, is it when their participation bonus is at 50% or 100%? I'm just curious because I know that the wins component makes up 50% of a players World Ranking. I always thought I had to play in 10 challenges and get a 100% participation bonus to have a chance at the best score, but is it only possible to get up to 50% for participation? ???

I hope I'm making sense, I've always been confused about that part and how the scoring system works in general, numbers confuse my poor brain, lol.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 04:33:58 PM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man« on: Today at 07:18:56 AM »The Simazing Race is now closed and the World Ranking has been updated. The gap between Deveroux and Nikitachi got even narrower. It will be interesting to see how dropping a player's worst event will affect their ranking because that is coming up soon.

@Metropolis Man Does having the worst event dropped happen once a player has played 10 challenges or 5, in other word, is it when their participation bonus is at 50% or 100%? I'm just curious because I know that the wins component makes up 50% of a players World Ranking. I always thought I had to play in 10 challenges and get a 100% participation bonus to have a chance at the best score, but is it only possible to get up to 50% for participation? ???

I hope I'm making sense, I've always been confused about that part and how the scoring system works in general, numbers confuse my poor brain, lol.

Participation makes up 50% of your World Ranking. In order to get to that perfect 50%, you would need to participate in 10 events. With your 11th event, I would look at your worst performance and drop it because the spreadsheet needs to still calculate your ranking off of 10 events.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 08:25:04 AM »
So I did understand it correctly the first time good to know, thanks @Metropolis Man :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 08:44:57 AM »
I updated the World Ranking with the results of Baby Boomer. The big news at the top is Nikitachi jumped ahead of Deveroux. Baby Boomer was also the 3rd event for a handful of players allowing them to jump into the ranking, so welcome to all new ranked players.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2019, 09:35:41 AM »
I updated the World Ranking today with the closing of the Scavenger Hunt challenge. The big news at the top is Lena jumped up 2 spots, putting a bit of a squeeze on Nikitachi. With only Restaurant Simpossible and the longer 6-week Finale left, it's going to be a tight race at the end. And who knows? Since the Finale counts double if Deveroux or Elinoee end up winning that there could potentially be some surprises. We shall see. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 07:56:17 AM »
If you need any proof of how important participation is in the World Ranking, today is the day for that proof. Lena jumped up to 1st place despite a lackluster finish (in her world, lol) in the Honey Money event that just closed. I forgot that Lena did not post scores in 3 events towards the beginning of the year, and Honey Money was her 10th event. It's soooo close at the top with Nikitachi and Deveroux biting at Lena's heels. Restaurant Impossible might shake things up again, but the real kicker is the Bingo Finale. That counts twice, so there will be huge pressure to do well in that. It's exciting to watch for us mere mortals. :) Good luck to everyone finishing up this season and welcome to the World Ranking newcomers Tuija and Noyo.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 07:00:14 AM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man« on: October 07, 2019, 07:56:17 AM If you need any proof of how important participation is in the World Ranking, today is the day for that proof. Lena jumped up to 1st place despite a lackluster finish (in her world, lol) in the Honey Money event that just closed. I forgot that Lena did not post scores in 3 events towards the beginning of the year, and Honey Money was her 10th event. It's soooo close at the top with Nikitachi and Deveroux biting at Lena's heels. Restaurant Impossible might shake things up again, but the real kicker is the Bingo Finale. That counts twice, so there will be huge pressure to do well in that. It's exciting to watch for us mere mortals. :) Good luck to everyone finishing up this season and welcome to the World Ranking newcomers Tuija and Noyo.

@Guess who else didn't participate in the first 3  tournament challenges of the year, yours truly, meaning that the Bingo finale will be both my 9th and 10th event. (I'm skipping the Restaurant one) @Metropolis Man Why did you have to remind me how important it is to do well in that event?! :o Adding to the pressure are we?  :P

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 07:11:23 AM »
We just want to make it interesting @Rainbow Dash
I think the big brawl in the bingo challenge will be so much fun :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 08:11:53 AM »
The World Ranking was updated this morning with the results of Restaurant Impossible. No real changes at the top, but some other players moved up nicely -- Isabelalabe, mismck, and SueDenim in particular. And a quick shout out to Sarleenia for finishing her 3rd event and joining the ranking. :)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 03:26:33 PM »
@Metropolis Man 40 ranked players at the moment. Is there any chance of another 10 players qualifying after the finale to get it to 50 ranked players? lol

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 04:05:53 PM »
@Metropolis Man 40 ranked players at the moment. Is there any chance of another 10 players qualifying after the finale to get it to 50 ranked players? lol

I would be pleasantly surprised, but you never know. *fingers crossed*

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 07:08:36 AM »
The final 2019 World Ranking is now posted at the beginning of this thread. Grats to LenaLJ on the overall win. This is her 4th World Championship since the Tournament started in 2010. Lena is hands down the most consistent player over the last 10 years. She can pop in and say the specifics, but I do not think she has ever finished overall below 3rd place. That's pretty incredible when you think about the fact she was merely 17 when she began competing.

But, maybe the biggest leap in the final ranking came from Rainbow Dash -- from 7th place all the way past Nikitachi to land at 2nd overall. Well done, Rainbow Dash. She had an amazing year.

To round out the other prizes this year we have Nikitachi finishing 3rd overall, and the recipient of the Fabulous Fifty prize is Whimsical Peanut. Grats to all prize winners and a huge thanks to all participants in this year's 2019 season. Enjoy the month off of competition, and the team will lay out the first 2020 rule set in a few weeks.