Author Topic: Sims 4 - Move Sim Family to a New Game  (Read 27725 times)

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
Sims 4 - Move Sim Family to a New Game
« on: January 06, 2019, 12:13:04 AM »
I would like to move my current sim family and their house to a new game. I don't want the family relationships to zero out and I also do not want their skills and other progress to zero out. I just want the move them to a refreshed  world.

Is this even possible in Sims 4?  If so, please give step by step procedures to do so.

Thanks for any help provided.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Move Sim Family to a New Game
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 12:18:30 AM »
You'll want to save the family and their house to the library and then create a new game.

From Manage Households - Select family, take them into CAS (click the pencil icon in lower right). Then click the folder in the upper right corner to save to the My Library tab.

In-game - Click on a mirror, dresser or closet and select Change Sim.

How-To: Save A House/Lot To Library and Sharing it to Gallery
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26324.msg439569#msg439569

This should save their skills, progress and family relationship with those that are in the household.

Your family will loose relationship with anyone outside of the household.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Move Sim Family to a New Game
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »
Thank you for your very quick reply.

I had had tried to do this before with no success. Your method worked. I was able to transfer the sims to a new world intact with a few exceptions.

As you mentioned the relationship panel outside of the household was wiped clean. I expected this and wasn't surprised when it happened.

The inventories were also wiped clean, both personal and family. All wealth was reset as well, even money in the new vault.

All ongoing royalty incomes were also wiped clear. This includes, books, music and multimedia products as well as written comedy routines.

I guess all that makes sense. When starting sims fresh in a fresh world it is the price of doing business.

On the plus side no personal progression was lost on any of the transferred sims. Their career, aspirations and skills all came across right where they were; and that was what I was after.

So again thank you for your help. I can now move sims to a new world when the old one becomes  too kludged up.

I would have responded sooner, except I wanted to try out your method; and when it worked I found myself playing in the new town until the I fell asleep in the wee hours of the morning.  ;)

anything