Author Topic: Island Living - Buggy?  (Read 8775 times)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Buggy?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2019, 07:23:06 PM »
Ah ok ... so the laggyness my family of 6 has been experiencing (when I expanded from 4 to 6 sims) wasn't just that I was now playing with a family of 6 including two toddlers and two children, but other issues with the game, it would appear.

I repair my game quite regularly, however I didn't know that cleaning caches was recommended for Sims 4 as well. I imagine I just need to find the post listing what files are safe to delete in Sims 4.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 09:05:06 PM »
Just in case you weren't able to find our how to delete the Sims 4 cache files -

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

I repair my game quite regularly, however I didn't know that cleaning caches was recommended for Sims 4 as well. I imagine I just need to find the post listing what files are safe to delete in Sims 4.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 10:40:01 PM »
@Deklitch  keeping your sims personal inventories fairly empty can also help (sometimes) with the weird lag/freezing of sims. But simulation lag just seems to be part of TS4 when playing more than one sim.  :-\ Clearing cache is definitely better done after each game session though and saving then quitting the game entirely rather than saving and quitting to the main screen can really help too. Just means that if your save file does get a severe game bug that you won't be spreading it across your saves.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline mrstank12

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 04:21:46 PM »
@mrstank12  I'm not sure what to suggest as it could be that your computer needs to be updated or specifically it's drivers need updating etc. I was having blue screen crashes during playing The Sims 4 a few weeks ago or so and the error report was telling me it was a memory issue...which I knew it wasn't as I have a beefy gaming rig. Turned out I had missed a few critical updates and once I had everything updated my game has run well (as well as my PC in general with no crashes and so on).  Helpful link maybe

This is Crinrict's bug post about critical crashes as EA say there are none that are reproducible currently meaning that it's almost 100% going to be the users computer. Sims4 Crashes

If it's not your computer, as you are better at maintenance than me lol, then uninstalling and then reinstalling the game can really help to clear out a lot of the annoying bugs and glitches. It doesn't remove your save files when you do this. Walk thru to Uninstalling/Reinstalling

Here's an open bug report on computer crashes that you can add info to if you know 100% that everything is updated and working correctly so can not possibly be 'user error': Sims 4 Crashes

Obviously the game is extremely buggy at the moment. So uninstalling/reinstalling will not fix everything but when I have done this previously I have noticed a good improvement.

As for the aging issue, I really don't know. I've played a few sims weeks now in a few different test files and my aging settings are doing what they should do. This doesn't mean that it is not a bug though, just means I can't reproduce it. You could make a Bug Report about it as crinrict will know if there is an open bug report on this issue already. I searched but couldn't find anything that was recent enough to be useful: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

It's not my computer.  I have a macbook pro, very new still, updated regularly and has all the specs it needs, minimal files on the hard drive itself outside of the few programs I run for work and this game.  The issue is the game and the developers not being able to handle the amount of issues they create.  Island Living is by far the worst buggy game I've seen since Sims 3.  If you read this thread, you'll know that I've already started the entire game over and in fact, I also did a clean install of my operating system to verify it wasn't that.

It's typical software developers that blame the users computer and the user.  It's not always the case.  And yes, I live with a software engineer who is also quick to blame the user when his software doesn't do what he expects but he usually realizes that someone in the long line of employees tasked with this or that in the development has entered some small bit of code wrong.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2019, 01:44:53 AM »
@mrstank12  I am not blaming anyone for the bugs, merely posting what has helped me and other players in the past. 

Sorry our suggestions have not helped you. But it is certainly not our responsibility to ensure the game is running well. That responsibility lies with Maxis and EA.

We are all simply fellow players who are trying to help each other to the best of our ability. With that said, It is an extremely buggy game. Most of the bugs will need a devs fix.

Having previously read the thread, no where do you tell us that you did a clean install of your operating system, so all our suggestions are guess work as you really haven't told us what you have tried or not tried in your process of describing the various bugs you are experiencing. Indeed until now you had not informed us what type of computer you were playing on.

You can always try making a bug report on the EA Mac Specific tech help board: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

This thread is now locked as it's not really going anywhere constructive. Please do not bash the Devs, staff or forum members for trying to help.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.