Author Topic: [BUG] All Vampires have Influence Emotions.  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
[BUG] All Vampires have Influence Emotions.
« on: July 28, 2019, 05:36:45 AM »
So all vampires have influence Emotions available on their vampire social wheel, even if they are level 1 and obviously have not unlocked this perk.

The bug report is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-V-Influence-Emotions-available-for-Vamps-who-haven/td-p/8026210

Please go add a 'me too' as it needs much more exposure before it will be a priority with the devs.

The bug in a nut shell:
All vampires, even born in-game and then newly aged teen vamps have this Influence Emotions perk unlocked. All the vamps can do the animation and it takes vampire energy for them to use it. However it has no effect on surrounding sims. It is an empty animation.

When the vamp has leveled up enough to buy the perk and then, of course, buys it, then it begins to work on surrounding sims and changes their emotions as it should.

It does need fixing as all your saves will be effected by this and every vampire in those saves will be effected. Including all your previously played but currently rotated away vampires, your currently being played vampires, all NPC vampires and any vampires currently being born in your games.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: [BUG] All Vampires have Influence Emotions.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 01:49:55 PM »
I noticed this bug and will report it as you asked but honestly this isn't the worse Vamp bug to have.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 05:50:14 PM »
It's not the worst bug I agree, but needs fixing regardless. The code shows clearly that the checking to see if the perk has been unlocked as been set to 'false' which indicates that this is either a sloppy fix for the animation previously not working or a mistake. Either way vampires need more attention from the QA guys as this isn't their only bug.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 03:58:59 AM »
I agree with @Playalot Vampires have been breaking with almost every patch released since Get Famous came out and have been super buggy ever since, I want to play with my Vampires again. :(

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 02:05:55 PM »
At this time this is the only bug affecting my vamps. Yes since get famous vamps have been bug ridden but this is the best they have played since then. My rules on reporting or "me too"-ing a bug is it ether has to bother me, or someone I know (at least forum know) asks me to. This bug doesn't bother me so though I noticed it, I just didn't care. Part of me wants them to leave the vamps alone as other than this minor bug they are working and every time since get famous they "fix something with vamps they break something else and half the time the "fix" doesn't completely fix the problem. I did "me too" it as a forum friend asked but lets be honest this is the best vamps have played in a long time. I don't want them to break them again to fix a minor ignorable bug that only effects gameplay if you wish it too, and then not in an necessarily bad way. After all if I reported every bug and glitch I would spend more time reporting than playing. That is no fun at all.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 06:44:19 PM »
That is fine @scoed to feel like that. I have posted an informative post on a current bug with Vampires. There is no compulsion for any one particular person to do anything with that information if they do not wish to. There are almost too many bugs to count currently and sadly much more severe  game breaking bugs really that this one but I agree, last thing I want is vampire game play to become even more broken.

For those of you interested in getting game bugs fixed, you can hit that 'Me Too' button on any bug report if it applies to your game, if you wish to.