Author Topic: 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt & Party  (Read 22681 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt & Party
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 06:03:37 PM »
I read the challenge as requiring us to use our sim self for the challenge and that we were then to upload the version of the simself used for the challenge to the gallery with that hashtag. Was that an incorrect reading of the challenge requirements?

In CAS, make your Simself and give him or her the kleptomaniac trait. The other 2 traits are up to you. Unless you're a vampire, alien, or mermaid (and we're pretty sure you're not), your Simself should be human. Make sure your Simself has a nice Party outfit and upload him or her to the Gallery with #Carls10th. If your Simself is not a YA, change the age to YA before starting the challenge.

Also, I pmed the team a question yesterday. Just checking that it was received. :)

ETA What are the real life cut offs for Young Adult, Adult and Elder for our simself and will you be wanting to see evidence that the ages we assign to our simself is our non-simself's appropriate age? <G> PS the things asked after ETA should be in no way interpreted as me asking anyone who identifies as being a lady their age, as my mother told me at a young age that would be a rude thing to do.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
In order to prevent alien abductions, I clarified the following...

• You must choose the Private Dwelling lot trait to prevent abductions, but after doing so...
  • You can't go into Build/Buy mode except to check your household inventory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 12:36:49 AM »
Will there be a spreadsheet for us to use to record the time, or is the time to be recorded as Monday week 13 at 11:59pm rather than 9999999 minutes?

What happens if we get to the closing time for the contest and haven't found all the items? By 'closing time', I mean 15 September. Do we mark it as DNF?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 06:26:03 AM »
Will there be a spreadsheet for us to use to record the time, or is the time to be recorded as Monday week 13 at 11:59pm rather than 9999999 minutes?

What happens if we get to the closing time for the contest and haven't found all the items? By 'closing time', I mean 15 September. Do we mark it as DNF?

Sorry about the no spreadsheet, Dek. I'll link the one Lena worked up for Let's Get Mystical. That should be fine. As far as your other question, yeah, I guess it would be a DNF.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 06:53:32 AM »
I just wanted to hop in and express my gratitude to the team for making something unique and fun for the 10th anniversary. Looking back on a decade is really weird for me at the moment. Things are just so very different from when I first started the guide and got with Pam to make this forum. There's a bittersweet component to it all, from friendships that came and went and so much change. I am glad that through those years the community is still here, even if there is a lot more competition for all our attention these days.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 11:37:00 PM »
No problems, Metropolis Man, thank you for adding it.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 08:54:44 AM »
When are we supposed to upload our Simselves, is there a deadline for that? I'm guessing we download everyone else Simselves for the party? I'm guessing we swipe the items we need?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 01:14:04 PM »
Oh so do you want a real sim self for the gallery or the klepto version?

Sorry if I'm being stupid. I'm worried about not being able to upload to gallery. Is this an essential part of the challenge? Because the only way I've found for my game to not crash every five minutes is to play in offline mode.

You don't have to upload to the Gallery unless you want to send your Simself to the party.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 09:54:53 PM »
Since we can't go into build/buy mode, do we have to buy a house then and not build one? If so, is there a particular house we have to buy?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »
Since we can't go into build/buy mode, do we have to buy a house then and not build one?

Well, how your Sim chooses to live is up to you. You cannot go into Build mode to build a home.

If so, is there a particular house we have to buy?

No.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2019, 10:35:54 PM »
Wow, this one is fun so far

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2019, 01:00:45 AM »
I have a quick question or few for the team.

Do our Sims have to swipe all these items or simply go find them out in the world and view them? For the Angelfish and Fossil, do we fish/dig those up ourselves? When we add the Private Dwelling lot trait at the start of the challenge, are we allowed to add any others?

I know these questions are last minute but I've been without my computer for a while.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2019, 05:36:30 AM »
Not a team member, but I asked them one of your questions, Rainbow Dash :)

@Rainbow Dash I asked the team the thing about swiping/finding the items ... I was told that viewing them wasn't sufficient that they needed to come into my sim's possession without purchasing them.

I haven't asked them about fishing/digging up the angel fish and fossil, as I thought that was the only way to get them.

I figured we could only add the Private Dwelling lot trait to our home.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2019, 06:39:05 AM »
When we add the Private Dwelling lot trait at the start of the challenge, are we allowed to add any others?

Yes, that's fine as long as Private Dwelling is one of them.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2019, 07:01:12 AM »
Thanks @Metropolis Man , can you confirm we need to fish up the Angelfish and dig up the Fossil? Silly question I know, but I couldn't find those and I'm pretty sure you can't swipe fish. (I've never tried, lol).

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into this one, I think it will much more fun than Baby Boomer, this type of challenge is my more speed. :)