Author Topic: 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt & Party  (Read 22672 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt & Party
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »
I just wanted to hop in and express my gratitude to the team for making something unique and fun for the 10th anniversary. Looking back on a decade is really weird for me at the moment. Things are just so very different from when I first started the guide and got with Pam to make this forum. There's a bittersweet component to it all, from friendships that came and went and so much change. I am glad that through those years the community is still here, even if there is a lot more competition for all our attention these days.
I'm still here, (don't duck and run now, lol) and have been first with lurking and then active.  Wow.  Never thought it was ten, glorious years.  Still love you and the forum.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2019, 03:01:11 PM »
Did not see an answer to whether or not we can buy things for our party while putting the lot trait on our home and can we furnish said house at that time or do any remodel if needed?  (Runs off to read General Rules giggling about being able to be a klepto again.)

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2019, 03:59:13 PM »
Did not see an answer to whether or not we can buy things for our party while putting the lot trait on our home and can we furnish said house at that time or do any remodel if needed?  (Runs off to read General Rules giggling about being able to be a klepto again.)

I'll say no to both questions. But, Marian came up with most of the rules so I defer to her if she feels differently.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2019, 08:55:14 PM »
Ummm, how you gonna build your house then?  Even if you go no build you still have to have a few items to survive.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2019, 01:23:13 PM »
Ummm, how you gonna build your house then?  Even if you go no build you still have to have a few items to survive.

Well, given the no build/buy rule building a house is not how anyone can start this event. You have to go in a different direction and I am not talking about not building, but I also cannot tell you the answer. ;)

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2019, 03:08:57 PM »
This seems like a silly question, but:
do we acquire the items in the order listed?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2019, 03:10:24 PM »
Understood.  Thanks Metro, I've figured it out and am ready to roll with Robyn Hood.  Lol.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2019, 03:25:15 PM »
This seems like a silly question, but:
do we acquire the items in the order listed?

No, any order you wish.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2019, 11:58:02 PM »
Final score of 8555
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2019, 04:11:34 AM »
After acquiring 7 out of 10 items, (that blasted fossil!), it came to mind that this is not the kind of person I want my Simself to be so dropping out.  Perhaps Honey Money will be more likely for me.  I enjoyed  the challenge of plotting what, where and when and I'm sure there will be more of that down the road in other challenges.  Meanwhile, I've got some stories to write! 

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2019, 06:11:08 AM »
Aw, sorry about the bad luck, Joria. Yeah, next year the team needs to make a high priority to reduce the number of events that involve luck because it just causes too much frustration. I deal with it all the time in Diablo -- farm for 4 hours for a certain item and never get it. A clanmate might play for 1 hour and get this awesome, game-changing item. Ugh.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2019, 06:54:38 AM »
Quote from: Deklitch on August 28, 2019, 02:25:59 AM
Great score @reggikko !

Good grief, the t-rexes must have died out in my scoring file before they were birthed or something ... I've found each of the rare, most of the uncommon and all but two of the common fossils. I really annoyed the RNG this time. In a couple of cases I've found multiple rares. LOL

I'm having the same problem and also with the angelfish! In one of my practice runs the angelfish was literally the first one I caught.... in my actual scoring file I've been fishing so long I've maxed the fishing skill without using any buffs or elixirs or anything else. Ack.

I found the fossil almost instantly, much to my surprise, but the fishing was a whole different story, I was halfway to maxing out the fishing skill when I finally caught the Angelfish. Scavenger hunt you say? More like a fishing challenge. ::)

My Simself earned gold on her rockin party with all 10 items in tow like this:

Week 1, Monday, 10:29 pm

Total score: 2309

I got a different score the first time I used the speadsheet so someone might want to check that.

I had a blast playing this challenge, so much fun, kudos to the team for coming up with this one! ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2019, 07:20:24 AM »

Wow! So, basically just a day and a half. You tore through this one. Well done.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2019, 07:57:29 AM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man
« on: Today at 07:20:24 AM »Quote from: Rainbow Dash on Today at 06:54:38 AM

Wow! So, basically just a day and a half. You tore through this one. Well done.

Thank you @Metropolis Man :) That was just pure luck with the fossil, I could think of one thing I maybe could have done quicker but then again I'm always seeing how quickly and efficiently I can do things in the Sims, it's one of the reasons I love these types of timed challenges, they match my play style, lol.

Now the next challenge on the other hand is not my thing at all, never touched retail, can't wait to see how badly I'll do, lol.

Posted by: Metropolis Man« on: Today at 06:11:08 AM » Aw, sorry about the bad luck, Joria. Yeah, next year the team needs to make a high priority to reduce the number of events that involve luck because it just causes too much frustration. I deal with it all the time in Diablo -- farm for 4 hours for a certain item and never get it. A clanmate might play for 1 hour and get this awesome, game-changing item. Ugh.

Lol, I remember this from the good old days when I used to play Diablo 2, farming in any game is such a toad, but I'm stubborn enough to grind through it. In Diablo 2, I used to trade with people, there was always the Cow Level for good drops but that was a death wish and rarely ended well, lmao and you could still end up with yet another piece of a so called rare set. ::)

As You know, Metro, I'd love to play Diablo 3 but sadly, this laptop won't run it, however I might be getting a new one next year, will have to see. ;)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2019, 08:29:40 AM »
Aw, sorry about the bad luck, Joria. Yeah, next year the team needs to make a high priority to reduce the number of events that involve luck because it just causes too much frustration. I deal with it all the time in Diablo -- farm for 4 hours for a certain item and never get it. A clanmate might play for 1 hour and get this awesome, game-changing item. Ugh.

I believe this is the first challenge this year that has luck as a factor. @Joria, I think DNF could be an option for people who decide not to finish. And your Simself can still come to the party.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.