Author Topic: 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt & Party  (Read 23099 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt & Party
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2019, 09:03:38 AM »
I finally found the fossil at the end of week 2. Parties didn't work for me. I DIED before being able to throw a successful one. I guess a 0.018 chance of finding one of the 10 items will do that to you.

Put me down as DNF.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »
I'm at the end of week 3 and still haven't gotten the fish or the fossil! My Simself has been doing literally nothing but fishing and meeting needs for over ten game days...

But even if I had gotten them both right away, I still wouldn't have beaten any of the folks who have posted scores so far. It took me until Wednesday morning week 1 to swipe all the swipeable items and I see a couple of you finished on Monday and Tuesday. So I feel OK about my bad luck :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2019, 10:59:51 AM »
hmm, don't ask, won't tell.  ???

final score:  10426

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2019, 01:23:47 PM »
Aww, thanks guys for your support.  In my practice run the very first thing I got, to my surprise, was the fossil!!  Second was the Angel Fish at level 2 fishing skill. Talk about luck! , Everything was rolling along but I felt I needed to redo and do it "better".  Hah!  This time around I was doing fine, but my conscience got the better of me, so I stopped.  I made Nina Caliente so angry she dropped dead!  No reaching out for Grim, just dropped, dead before she hit the floor, and my Simself was so nonchalant about it she just turned around and took a bath while Grim took care of things!  If I could find away to increase the Mischief skill without causing any harm then this would be awesome.  I'd like to see a scavenger hunt where, even though some luck might be involved, and a lot of planning and pondering moves, no mischief would be involved.  I had reached level 7 of mischief but realized it might take a whole lot more to get that armor and guitar and I just wasn't willing to do that.  I took me less than a half a day of game play, with a lot of rl interruptions, to get as far as I did.  My Simself was still a YA and the party she was going to throw, if she made it before she had to age up, was a birthday party!  What a celebration that would have been.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
Finished with a score of 8442.  Uploaded my Simself for the Party: Sone Sone. (embarrassed but smiling emoji)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2019, 01:08:28 AM »
Posted by: Deklitch« on: August 30, 2019, 09:03:38 AM »I finally found the fossil at the end of week 2. Parties didn't work for me. I DIED before being able to throw a successful one. I guess a 0.018 chance of finding one of the 10 items will do that to you. Put me down as DNF.

@Deklitch Your Sim died?! That's terrible, I'm sorry that happened to you, my Sims came close to death a couple of times in Baby Boomer and it's not the first challenge where I've been in that position either, I always worry that my one of my Sims will kick the bucket in a challenge. :( Yeah the party was kind of a pain, I had to throw a few in my practice run before I finally found one that worked, in my scoring file I ran into a problem and had to take a rather risky workaround, urk!

Posted by: Joria« on: August 30, 2019, 01:23:47 PM »Aww, thanks guys for your support.  In my practice run the very first thing I got, to my surprise, was the fossil!!  Second was the Angel Fish at level 2 fishing skill. Talk about luck! , Everything was rolling along but I felt I needed to redo and do it "better".  Hah!  This time around I was doing fine, but my conscience got the better of me, so I stopped.  I made Nina Caliente so angry she dropped dead!  No reaching out for Grim, just dropped, dead before she hit the floor, and my Simself was so nonchalant about it she just turned around and took a bath while Grim took care of things!  If I could find away to increase the Mischief skill without causing any harm then this would be awesome.  I'd like to see a scavenger hunt where, even though some luck might be involved, and a lot of planning and pondering moves, no mischief would be involved.  I had reached level 7 of mischief but realized it might take a whole lot more to get that armor and guitar and I just wasn't willing to do that.  I took me less than a half a day of game play, with a lot of rl interruptions, to get as far as I did.  My Simself was still a YA and the party she was going to throw, if she made it before she had to age up, was a birthday party!  What a celebration that would have been.

@Joria I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the Mischief skill,I personally love it myself but I can see why some people don't like it. I find it's best not to target hot headed Sims if you don't want to send them to an early grave. I have to admit I'm kind of impressed that you killed Nina Caliente, that's no mean feat, killing a Sim via anger.

I think everyone is doing great at powering through this challenge, just to dig up endless rocks and every fish and upgrade part known to Simkind of admirable. Keep goings guys, just do as much as you can, no matter what the game throws at you or how annoying RNG can be, remember it's all about having fun and trying your best! :)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2019, 06:21:09 AM »
Okay guys, please put me as DNF as well.
I failed to find the fossil no matter what, and my game is definitely acting wrong in spawning collectibles. After a few sim days, new ones just don't appear unless I spend the whole sim day at one place without leaving. Too bad - it seemed like a nice and quick challenge, but I just don't have the desire to continue wasting my real time. Even if I do, my score will be the lowest one anyway because too much time has already passed in the game. Guess, just as in real life, I am not welcome at the party :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2019, 07:45:32 AM »
Posted by: Nikitachi« on: Today at 06:21:09 AM » Okay guys, please put me as DNF as well.
I failed to find the fossil no matter what, and my game is definitely acting wrong in spawning collectibles. After a few sim days, new ones just don't appear unless I spend the whole sim day at one place without leaving. Too bad - it seemed like a nice and quick challenge, but I just don't have the desire to continue wasting my real time. Even if I do, my score will be the lowest one anyway because too much time has already passed in the game. Guess, just as in real life, I am not welcome at the party

@Nikitachi I think that's a bug, the same thing happened to me in my Baby Boomer game, I had a Sim doing the Curator aspiration who spent a day in the park digging up rocks. But after that day, rocks refused to spawn, I switched to frogs, still failed and out of pure frustration and desperation turned to Plushies (From Holiday Crackers) instead. >:( I was lucky enough to find the fossil on the second rock my Sim dug up but I know how frustrating that bug is, I'm sorry you got hit with it. :( You're always welcome at my parties.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2019, 08:15:20 AM »
@Nikitachi I don't like parties too much in any case. As in real life, I'd probably just be in the corner, drink in hand pretending that the plant next to me was so incredibly interesting to look at, while wishing that I could be anywhere but at the party.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2019, 09:58:17 AM »
@Nikitachi, @Deklitch, of course you guys are welcome at the party.

Anyway, my Simself finally completed her fossil collection found the Hilariously Tiny T-Rex Arms fossil on Week 1, Saturday, at 3:24 am -- 8364 minutes after she started.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2019, 12:37:43 PM »
Heads up! Pictures of the first 10 Anniversary Party can be found here. @techiechick, you're on the guest list for the 2nd party.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »
Heads up! Pictures of the first 10 Anniversary Party can be found here. @techiechick, you're on the guest list for the 2nd party.

And I am ready for a party!!! Finally found my angelfish and T-Rex fossil, only a few hours apart. On Friday of Week 3.  Sheesh!

I did discover something about the fishing skill that I didn't realize before. It should have been obvious to me, you all probably know it, but I won't talk about it until after the challenge, just in case.

I'm gonna throw my final party (after letting my Simself sleep a few hours) and post my score.... I think it's going to be over 30,000  :o

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »

I'm gonna throw my final party (after letting my Simself sleep a few hours) and post my score.... I think it's going to be over 30,000  :o

Success!!! I finished my gold medal Incognito Costume Party at 7:54 am on Wednesday of Week 4, giving me a score of... 34554.

Well, it will be good for everybody else's world rankings when the rest of you beat me  :D

Offline llamazing

• Nooboo
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2019, 07:02:45 PM »
This looks fun! Do I have to sign up anywhere? Do I just dive in and participate?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »
@llamazing

Just jump in. Use the spreadsheet in the OP to get your score and post here when you're done.

anything