Author Topic: A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty (26/05 update)  (Read 9125 times)

Offline Meg

• Townie
A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty (26/05 update)
« on: September 02, 2019, 06:47:37 AM »
It’s been a loooong time since I posted on this forum, so apologies for any mistakes I make while I learn how to post screenshots and such all over again. I’m adding my own restriction on top of the rules (which I may regret, we’ll see!) – All heirs will have randomised traits.

Statistics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chapters:

Offline Meg

• Townie
A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 07:02:35 AM »
Introduction - A Knock

Catarina Lynx was minding her own business, playing with the cats, when the knock came. She knew nobody in Brindleton Bay, so was curious and quite pleased when she opened the door to see a woman there with a big smile on her face. That is, she was pleased until the woman walked straight into her house and said, “I’m Meg, your career adviser.”

Clearly there had been a mix-up.

“I’m sorry, but I haven’t requested any career advice-” Catarina began awkwardly.

“You don’t request career advisers, career advisers request you.”

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Catarina looked at her blankly. Meg’s expression changed suddenly. Gone was the ingratiating smile, replaced with the sort of look Catarina expected to see on a cat about to pounce on a mouse. She took Catarina’s elbow and led her to the sofa.

“Do you ever feel, Cat, that your life is pointless?”

“Um…”

“That you’re walking in and out of other people’s stories? That they don’t really see you, only what you can do for them?”

“Er…”

“That you’re only there to facilitate their plans? Bring in the next heir? And even that, not very often. Do you feel-”

Understanding came. “Look, I’m sorry, but I’m not your woman,” Catarina said. “I don’t want to be a part of your Immortal Dynasty, or Rival Dynasty, or whatever it is you’re doing. I just don’t think it’s fair that I do all that work and you get all the credit.”

“Exactly! You deserve a chance to shine, and that’s what I want to give you. Read this.”

Catarina grudgingly took the paper she offered and looked it over.

“The Power of Ten Dynasty,” she read aloud. “Goal: To honor the momentous 10th anniversary of the forum, the challenge team is-”

“Oops!” Meg snatched the paper back. “Wrong piece of paper. Here, this one’s just got the rules on.”

Catarina scanned the list. Ten goals, all of which seemed doable in one lifetime, but all the same…

“What forum is having an anniversary? Who’s in charge here?” she asked.

“You don’t want to know, believe me. None of that matters anyway, what matters is you. Aren’t you tired of only having cats for company? Don’t you want a bit of excitement in your life?”

“But why me?”

“Because I like you, and I think you deserve a chance.”

“You look pretty young, how much experience do you have with dynasties. I don’t want to fail.”

Meg looked a little embarrassed. “Well, alright, it's true I haven’t had the most success before… haven’t managed to complete even one actually… Please, Catarina, just give me a chance. I think we could work really well together.”

Catarina looked from Meg’s pleading face to the list. It was rather flattering to be chosen to start a dynasty and she did sometimes feel lacking in direction, like she was missing out on something vital living here alone with just her cats…

“Alright, I’ll do it,” she said impulsively.

Meg beamed at her. “Fantastic! Now just sign this form and we’ll get started. Nothing to worry about, I just need to know you’re committed and won’t panic at the sight of an empty lot.”

“What?” Catarina asked sharply as she finished signing her name. She tried to read the small print at the bottom of the page, but no sooner had she seen the words ‘complete control of my life’ did Meg whip the paper away.

“That’s all settled then. Now wait a few minutes and a taxi will be along to take you to your new life. I’m really excited to be on this journey with you.”

“So you’ll be here the whole time to help me?”

“Sort of. You won’t see me, but I’ll always be watching you.”

And with this incredibly creepy remark, she walked out, leaving Catarina wishing she’d read the small print before signing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 01:07:23 PM »
Oooh, you've also chosen Catarina Lynx as your founder!
Best of luck with your dynasty challenge!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 02:00:21 PM »
Love it!  I've always wanted to do Catarina, I mean, after all she is the cat ladyuh person.  And she can have her cats too as non-human friends!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »
I'm interested to see the further adventures of Catarina. You're a braver soul than me if you're going to play four cats. Good luck!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »
You're a braver soul than me if you're going to play four cats. Good luck!

Hear, hear! Not only randomized traits for heirs but also 4 cats!
I've had several households of sims with cats and the cats always get stuck on the kitchen counters. (Have the devs fixed that?)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 07:31:52 AM »
Good luck to misses Cat. Hope some nice  partner can catch her attention, they might have to fight for that with the cats though :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 08:50:11 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement everyone, though you've now got me scared to play with the cats! I haven't done much with pets before.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 09:16:24 AM »
Chapter 1

Catarina decided to stay in Brindleton Bay and just moved a few lots to the left, from Catscratch Cottage to Tail’s End.

She looks very calm for a woman who’s been placed on an entirely empty lot with four cats.

The lot wasn’t empty for long though, I built her a small box house. After buying everything the cats needed there was no money left for a table or chairs, but she'll make more money soon enough.

I also had to give her a makeover. I just couldn’t bear that hat… or that hair… or anything really. She got to keep her cat necklace though. Here she is with her new look working on mixology.

She also spent some time at Salty Paws Saloon that first day, hoping to meet Mr. Right. For a while I thought Marcus Flex could be the one, but then found out he’s noncommittal. Catarina got a wish to tell the mixologist, Reyansh Chauham, a joke, but nothing further. Kengo Hayashi and Leonard Gentile were the most promising, but Catarina felt no spark with either of them.

Overall the trip didn’t do much but give her a start in her moving requirements by being the first community lot she spent more than two hours at. Then the next day she missed out on a promotion by a hair’s breadth, despite being inspired, working hard all day and being higher up in the cooking and mixology skill than the promotion requirements. It was disappointing, but spending some time with Bartholomew A. Bittlebun, Jr. soon cheered her up.

Look at that adorable little ball of fluff!

She went out to another bar after work, but the only single, young man there was the mixologist, Christopher Felix.

Handsome enough, but he’s mean and, worse, a dog-lover. She just can’t bring a role model like that back to the house, think of the cats!

She went to no less than five other community lots the next day, but all the men were either elders, already married, or had bad traits. She was getting pretty desperate by the time Marcus Flex invited her out for Alien’s Night at the Old Quarter Inn. And there, without even going inside, she meet Kayaan Chandran. A self-assured, genius bookworm.

She easily became friends with him by talking about their favourite authors and the latest books. Things were looking up!

The next day she invited him out on a date... It did not go well.

That’s him rejecting her for about the fifth time. I don’t know if it was because Catarina wasn’t in a great mood or because other sims kept coming up and joining their conversation. It was really quite ridiculous. Every time Catarina moved Kayaan away from one sim, another would come up and sit with them as she tried to flirt. Maybe Kayaan felt awkward having an audience.

Whatever the reason, Catarina ended up back at home alone, eating pancakes standing up because she still can’t afford chairs, and in the dark because she also can’t afford lights.

So it hasn’t been the best start to her dynasty. But there’s always a silver lining – if she had a man, she’d have to choose between kicking him or the cats out of bed.

Thinking about it, perhaps she should save up enough money for another bed before asking anyone to move in. He’ll understand, right?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 11:57:10 AM »
Catarina built herself quite a starter home with her $10k!
We suffered the same scenario as you with the random townies--why aren't more of them young adults anymore?
Will Catarina give that Kayaan fellow another chance? *whispers: is he an alien?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »
Sims do tend to reject romantic interactions if either Sim is not in a good mood, so that was probably it. Is he Unflirty? Those Sims are difficult, but not impossible, to romance!

I love Catarina's makeover. Very stylish.

Ever since Strangerville, the game seems to generate a lot of adults. When I get desperate, I head to the libraries. Librarians always start out as YAs, and have the Bookworm and Neat traits. The third trait is random, but I have pretty good luck with librarians as spouse material.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 02:11:27 AM »
Who knew Catarina could be so gorgeous?  Great makeover.  I love you are playing with cats.  I'm so tempted.
  BTW Kengo makes a great spouse and cleans up nice in cas.  Good traits as well.
He's romantic, (a plus!), bookworm, and neat.  I found him as a librarian.
  Yeah.  I'd get a second bed.  No sense in depriving the cats.  Mine owns my bed for sure.  And as far as that dog loving bar tender, no way.   Oh wait.  I'm wrong.  Kengo isn't a romantic.  He loves cats!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 03:55:51 AM »
@oshizu I’m not sure if Kayaan is an alien. He was at alien night, but other aliens there weren’t disguised, so I don’t why he would be.

@reggikko No he isn’t unflirty, must have been her mood. Thanks for the tip about librarians, I’ll have her check out the libraries.

@Joria That’s interesting, if I’m not mistaken Kengo is cheerful, clumsy and ambitious in my game. If he were a bookworm and neat Catarina would have pounced on him... metaphorically, of course. Do sims change traits in different games? He also isn’t a librarian, I think he’s an entertainer.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 04:25:26 AM »
Wow!  My Kengo Hiyashi is a red headed, mustachiod, kind of boring looking gent found in Willow Creek Library!  I snagged him not only for his bookworm, neat traits but he was a cat lover as well.  I wonder is they just reuse the names or just make them different kinds of people?  Interesting.  He was difficult to get to know at first, took a full two hours at the library plus three cloud watchings before "move in" came up.  So of course I had him move in and went from there.  He actually proposed on the first date at the bowling alley but only after we both moved to a more private spot where people weren't constantly coming up and getting between our romance.  That is really annoying!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 04:30:19 AM »
I think they must reuse names, as the Kengo in my game is a pale blonde in a snazzy suit.