Author Topic: A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty (25/11 update)  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Meg

• Townie
Re: A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty (19/09 update)
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2019, 05:51:09 AM »
Chapter 4

Kit’s babyhood passed without incident and soon it was time to age him up.

41.jpg

No doubting who he takes after. It’s hard to see in this picture, but he has Catarina’s green eyes as well as her skin tone and hair. As I mentioned in the first post, I’m going to be randomising all traits for both heirs and any spares. Kit rolled the clingy trait, which worked out well as Kayaan was home every day to help him with his skills. Here they are playing aeroplane.

42.jpg

Learning to talk.

43.jpg

And there’s nothing better than dancing with Daddy.

44.jpg

Catarina doesn’t have much spare time to spend with him, but that’ll change once she’s maxed her career and can quit to become a freelancer.

On her day off she got a few more parties under her belt. She threw a Dinner Party first, but it was boring and nothing happened, so no pictures. When it was over her mood was still pretty good and Kit was in bed, so she immediately threw a Costume Party with all the same guests. I’m not sure what Kayaan was dressed as, but he looked cool.

45.jpg

Catarina was an astronaut.

46.jpg

Does she look rather round to you? Yep, she’s pregnant again! She went into labour almost immediately after I took this shot in fact. Always a trooper, she made it almost to the end of the party… and then gave birth in the hallway. Not her fault though, I forgot to get Kit’s old crib out of the family inventory because I was distracted getting Kayaan to compliment guests on their outfits ten times (there really ought to be more costume interactions if it’s going to be a party requirement, in my opinion).

47.jpg

Welcome to world, Sable Lynx!

48.jpg

And Robin Lynx!

Continuing on from Catarina’s name, all three children are named after animals. Kits are baby foxes, sables are a species of marten, and Robin is named after the bird.

Poor Kayaan had his work cut out when they became toddlers. I wasn’t expecting twins and did nothing to cause it, and after almost a whole sim week with three toddlers I’m thinking the next generation will adopt children. It was all so manic that I haven’t managed to get good pictures of the twins yet, but they're very cute with their father’s black eyes, but red hair like their brother. Interestingly none of them have Catarina’s shade of dark red, but the lighter ginger colour.

In other news, Catarina is now a level 8 Chief Drink Operator and is close to maxing mixology. She’s only completed one requirement so far by earing §10,000. I’m focusing on getting her to the top of her career, as I think becoming a freelancer will give her more time to work on the rest and hopefully get to know her kids a bit.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty (10/10 update)
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2019, 11:08:55 AM »
Oo, welcome Sable and Robin! I believe that outfit is the one you get from the Space Ranger career, the smuggler branch, I think. And it's a fun one. Kit's adorable, btw ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »
Lucky you, with your redheaded, green-eyed heir! Kit is so cute!
Wow, three toddlers around the same time! I feel for you, Watcher, but it seems you've almost reached the end of toddlerhood.
Can't wait to see all three toddlers at play! Yay!

Shewolf's right! Kayaan is wearing the career uniform of the Astronaut/Interstellar Smuggler. It resembles Hans Solo's outfit....

Oh, Level 8 Mixologist! Does that mean she's finished the Master Mixologist aspiration?
(I might have giggled that Catarina went into labor while dressed as an astronaut...)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2019, 06:12:42 PM »
Catching up and finding adorableness.  Your babies are so cute and I love the names you are choosing.  On the mixology thing, IF you are lucky, and it sometimes is pure luck, and IF you don't go higher than level 9, you have a chance of meeting a stranger at work who will offer to sell you a recipe.  It is one of the most powerful drinks a mixologist can make, Snagglefluster.  Carl did a video on it.  I tried, three times so far, but still either get too high or just get promoted past the level and so haven't gotten it yet.  It happens while your Sim is at their normal go to work place, not at a bar or event, so keep your eye peeled for a notification about it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2019, 06:58:30 PM »
Yay for nooboos! I like the naming theme, too.

I am looking forward to seeing how your trait randomization works out. I don't think I could be that brave in a dynasty!

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2019, 03:34:02 AM »
@oshizu She just needs to max the mixology skill to finish Master Mixologist. She’s close though, level 9 and half way to level 10.

@Joria Yes I saw Carl’s video on it and am watching out it for it. I can’t wait around at level 9 though as Catarina needs to get on with other requirements.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2019, 01:29:58 PM »
I tried with a "helper" but he earned levels past the 9 and then died so never got it.  I guess is isn't as easy as one would think!  Rock on Caterina!  You're doing so well.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2019, 05:52:46 AM »
Chapter 5

Despite working on his skills all day every day with Kayaan, Kit only just managed to max them all. I always struggle with top-notch toddler, and won’t be trying so hard with the twins. Catarina threw Kit a birthday party. Here’s Sable (right) and Robin (left) dancing in their party dresses.

51.jpg

One last snuggle from Mummy…

58.jpg

…and time to blow out the candles.

59.jpg

Catarina looks a little sad to see her boy grow up.

I forgot to get a picture right out of the wardrobe, but here Kit is in his cold weather outfit.

52.jpg

He still has Catarina’s colouring, but the shape of his eyes comes from Kayaan. He rolled the vegetarian trait. I was hoping for a trait that would suggest a skill or career path for him, like genius or creative, but it certainly could have been worse. For now he’ll just be working on Scouts and his social skill. Charisma will be a shared skill for all heirs, and will come in handy whatever his future path is.

The next day it was Kayaan’s turn to age up.

53.jpg

54.jpg

He doesn’t look too happy about it. Or maybe he was annoyed that Bartholomew stole his big moment. After some thought, I’ve decided not to give him a Potion of Youth. The family is so big and it’s hard to keep track of all five of them plus the cats. Besides, he’s lived a good and full life. He and Catarina are as in love as ever.

555.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

It also happened to be Winterfest that day. Decorations went up and presents came out.

511.jpg

Kit and Kayaan built a snowpal together.

512.jpg

snowwpal.jpg

Sable ran outside and started playing in the snow when she was supposed to be skilling up.

513.jpg

She has a habit of doing this if I take my eye off her for too long, and apparently clothes are optional.

514.jpg

Kit’s working on the Social Butterfly aspiration, so after school I have him do his homework out in the world somewhere so as to meet new sims.

515.jpg

He's only met two children so far, Chelsey Bheeda (left) and Aya Assaoui (right). Chelsey is a glutton and Aya is lazy, so they don’t strike me as future spouse material, but they’re good friends.

Catarina is still working hard. She maxed mixology, which is her unique skill, and completed the Master Mixologist aspiration so is very close to having 10,000 satisfaction points. She’s been promoted to level 9 in her career, but promotions are coming slowly now and she’s only got one day of work before four days off, so I think it’ll be at least another week before she’s level ten. In the meantime she’ll be working on getting some good friends and starting her collection, which will be mixology drinks.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty (24/10 update)
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2019, 01:16:15 PM »
So many wonderful screenshots! My favorites might be Kit's last snuggle and Kayaan's spotlight getting stolen on his birthday.
That shot of Bartholomew smiling makes me want to adopt a pet when an heir moves to Brindleton Bay... 
Have the Lynxes and their Watcher enjoyed being owned by cats?
The twins are so adorable!

Congratulations to Cat on completing her unique skill! And only one more promotion!
Do you have the Spa Day pack? If Cat hires a massage therapist 2 hrs before work and asks for a Ylang Ylang aromatherapy massage, she'll go to work Very Inspired for the next 8 hrs or so.
Those careers with few works days at the higher level are very tough!!! You can do it, Catarina!
She might even be able to finish all of her odd jobs between mixologist nights....

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2019, 11:24:13 AM »
@oshizu Thanks :) . The cats are good fun once they’re trained not to scratch up the furniture and wake sims up. There’s a really cute interaction where a toddler can imitate a cat and the adults can get their fun up quickly by playing with the cats. I don’t have spa day unfortunately, nor Island Living which I think has the odd jobs in? I’ll have to wait until Catarina has finished the mixologist career then have her become a freelancer.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2019, 02:28:02 AM »
Last year, my sims owned a cat or two in a dynasty challenge and a Pinstar Legacy, but both times they kept getting stuck on kitchen counters.
I'm thinking it was due to bad custom content. I'm still hoping to try again soon in my Power of 10.
In your dynasty, will every Lynx heir own a cat?

In my P10, I get my sim feeling Very Confident then have them Negotiate Bonus over the phone. I think it works over 80% of the time.
Ooooh, no Island Living--I was wondering why you were waiting to do odd jobs.
Your Catarina will have maxed mixologist, I'm sure, by your next update. :D

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 10:37:28 PM »
Kit and his younger sisters are all cuties.  And they all got the red hair!

Social Butterfly is a good aspiration for meeting other kids.  Hopefully your game will generate some better spouse options for Kit.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 07:28:00 AM »
Last year, my sims owned a cat or two in a dynasty challenge and a Pinstar Legacy, but both times they kept getting stuck on kitchen counters.
I'm thinking it was due to bad custom content. I'm still hoping to try again soon in my Power of 10.
In your dynasty, will every Lynx heir own a cat?

There thankfully haven't been any bugs with the cats so far, but I don't have any CC. I'm not planning on every heir owning a cat, no. I prefer dogs in the sims as you can train them and take them for walks. The cats have been nice additions for a while, but they don't do much.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2019, 07:44:38 AM »
Chapter 6

Sable and Robin aged up a few days after Kit. I still don’t have many pictures of them for some reason, but I got these few.

61.jpg

62.jpg

And after blowing out the candles.

63.jpg

That’s Robin on the left, she rolled the goofball trait, and Sable on the right, she rolled music lover. Robin looks a lot like Kit, and they both take after Kayaan more than I first thought, while Sable looks more like Catarina. Along with Kit, they both joined Scouts. They look cute in their uniforms

64.jpg

Sable has also take up the violin.

65.jpg

Robin is mostly left to her own devices, working on scout badges and playing with the doctor set. All three kids easily got As in their first week of school, and Kit has completed the Social Butterfly aspiration. He now works on his charisma and scout badges.

Kayaan has plenty of free time as well, now that the tots are all grown up. I let him relax mostly. He gardens, plays with the children, and reads. He’s also upgrading things in the house, as he likely won’t be here much longer and wants to leave it in as good a condition as possible for his family.

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

I follow him to work sometimes for a change. Is it very unprofessional to interview potential future spouses for your son while on the job?

69.jpg

610.jpg

Catarina is the real star of this update though. A strange old man approached her while at work and offered to sell her what he promised would be a very special drink guide. It was. Catarina made the Snaggle Fluster as soon as she got home and then got to work on charisma as she needed to level up to be promoted. It took a few drinks (and a few bladder failures, oops!) but she managed it.

611.jpg

Looking good!

She then aged up without a party because I forgot it was her birthday. Oops, again. Look, I never told her founding a dynasty would be easy! The Snaggle Fluster hadn’t yet worn off, so she also got her seventh whim – sleep it off.

She’s now made ten Snaggle Flusters for her collection.

612.jpg

I’ve put them in an inaccessible basement so that nobody accidentally drinks them, but they’ll be put on display before Kit moves out.

I expected Catarina to get the promotion to level 10 immediately, but after only a little performance gain on her first two days back and facing another four days off, I bought her the connections reward (she managed 10,000 happiness points a few days earlier by working on the Master Chef aspiration). I could have tried to negotiate a bonus as Oshizu recommended, but I  completely forgot so wasted the happiness points instead. But at least it did the trick and she’s now a Celebrity Mixologist!

For about five minutes.

She won’t be going to work again. It’s time to become a Freelancer and get serious about these moving requirements. Kit is just a few days from becoming a teen, and if he’s to move out as planned on his young adult birthday, Catarina need to get cracking. She’s got five requirements down, five to go!

A little update:
Unique career – Culinary: Mixologist Done
Unique skill – Mixology Done
10,000 satisfaction points Done
10,000 simoleons Done
10 good friends - 2/10
10 freelance gigs - 0/10
10 parties – 5/10
10 whims for 10 different emotions – 9/10
10 different community lots for at least 2 hours – 7/10
10-item collection Done

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Lynx Power of Ten Dynasty (25/11 update)
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2019, 01:25:28 PM »
Wooo, Catarina is half done with her requirements now! Way to go, Watcher!
And your whims and community lot visits are close to done, too!

I'm sorry to see Kayaan as an elder so early. :(
A huge congrats to Catarina for learning the Snagglefluster recipe! Awesome!
I'm sure she'll have time to finish everything before Kit's young adult birthday. :D

Haha, I was surprised to hear that you're planning for a future heir to own a dog.
I'm a dog person in real life, but I opted for a cat for my sims precisely because it doesn't require walks.
Obviously, I'm a much lazier simmer than you are, lol.

Good luck to your Lynxes. Looking forward to your next update, Meg. Don't keep us waiting.  ;)

(About reward traits, I thought that, with Connections, a sim starts a job at Level 4 (or Level 3 if it branches at Level 4); and, with Entrepreneurial, a sim gets a performance boost at the end of each work day.)

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2019, 01:37:44 PM »

(About reward traits, I thought that, with Connections, a sim starts a job at Level 4 (or Level 3 if it branches at Level 4); and, with Entrepreneurial, a sim gets a performance boost at the end of each work day.)

Hmm, I’ve either bought her the wrong reward trait then, or I’m mistaken and I did buy her entrepreneurial, I’ll  have to check that. I hardly ever use reward traits so it’s entirely possible I got the wrong one. It doesn’t really matter now though I guess, I don’t know if they’d even apply to a freelance career and I’m not trying to get her to the top in that anyway. Thanks for reading and letting me know :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 01:49:10 PM »
Haha. I agree that the most important thing is that Catarina maxed her first career and can now join Freelancer.

Wow, you don't usually buy reward traits, Meg? You are really a hardcore simmer! o.O

Online Heart Foam

• Occult
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2019, 02:48:06 AM »
Well done on the Snaggle Fluster recipe! I'm all the jealous. :) If you ever get a cloning machine at home it might be useful to have a spare, non-museum Snaggle Fluster for cloning.

I think most sim parents would interview future spouses in that situation, which makes it normal. The kids are gorgeous. Catarina is an excellent starting sim. 
Various Forum Adventures:

The Dynasty of Original Townies Dynasty
Vlad's Nose story
Sims Eugenics II - the big chateau one
Vacuous Green house (I totes like this one)
Island Living Beachfront Mansion

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.