Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 37968 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2020 - FAQ section has been updated
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:38 PM »
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158.0#post_FAQ

I wanted to mention a question that was asked, that I thought is important to highlight.

Q: The seasonal festivals aren't being held at Central Park? Was the lot moved?

A: Yes the lot was moved to Summer Hills Springs - 25 Summer Hill Court. Next Door to the Altos.

Festival Lot ~ Summer Hill Springs (Click image to see larger view)
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2020 - Performing in Central Park Issue and Fix
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2020, 11:16:04 PM »
Thank you to the member and player who brought this to my attention!! :)

Performing in Central Park Issue and Fix -

The watch the show interaction cancels itself out, due to it needing 3 or 4 audience markers. This can be fixed by placing them via buydebug. You are looking for objects called Show Floor Benches or Tables. After it's fixed, save a copy of the lot to the library.

- From Edit Town click on the lot - Build/Buy mode.

- Press Shift-Ctrl-C all together, and type in Testingcheatsenabled on.

- Press Shift-Ctrl-C again and type in buydebug on.

- Buy mode > Sort by Function > Buydebug > Misc Objects - Filter content by Showtime.

- Look for objects Show Floor for Benches or Tables.

Click image to see larger view.
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sunset Valley 2020 - Crashing My Game
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2020, 03:25:07 AM »
I have read that some players are having issues with SV2020 saves are crashing their games. I am really sorry about that!! It happened to me as well, when I first tried the saves.

How I fixed it is I made sure I had Ella's fixed Sunset Valley.World file downloaded. Deleted my game cache files and then installed the world file.

We've mentioned it's required because SV2020 was built on Ella's fixed world file and works best with it installed.

You can download EllaCharmed’s Fixed World file here

Unzip the file (Right-click file and select Extract All).

-- Before installing the fixed file, rename your original Sunset Valley.world file. I renamed it Sunset Valley.world-Original. That way I still have access to the original file.

Install path may be different then the path shown in image.

Copy and paste the Sunset Valley.world file into where you installed the Sims 3 game. Usually located in:

<<Install Drive:>> \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

** The install path may be different depending on where you installed Sims 3.

Delete the Game Cache Files. - This is best to do whenever you are installing new worlds to play.

From inside this folder \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, you can delete the game cache to help the game run smoother:

- CasPartCache.package - CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim
  - compositorCache.package - New objects that would appear in Buy/Build mode
  - scriptCache.package - Mods or Hacks
  - simCompositorCache.package - New Sims, default skins
  - Sims3LauncherLogFile.log - Uploading/Downloading info in regards to the Exchange
  - Sims3Logs.xml - Log Files about your computer and errors that might occur.
  - socialCache.package - Simport-related and other social data, if you use the wall to integrate with your MyPage on thesims3.com site

If the above hasn't helped, please read the articles linked below for more tips. 

Tips for General Crashing Issues
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173

The Sims 3 | Performance & Bug Fix Guide 2020
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131162350

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2020 - Subway Issue
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2020, 03:59:03 PM »
It was reported that a few lots have a double map icon/name tag issue when looking at the map in Map View. We've looked into this and found it may be by design when the object or building is on a lot of it's own. For example, the Vault/Hall of Antiquity lot, and single subway lots.

You can test this by going into any town and place an empty lot. Change lot type to Community &gt; No Visitors Allowed and place the subway station object or Vault of Antiquity building and then look at it via Map View. You'll see two icons 1 subway and 1 bench. Both with the same name.

I also wanted to mention that the single subway lots can be renamed via Edit Town mode. Left-click on the bench icon and Edit Details button, which is the pen/paper icon. After you've renamed the subway, you can mouse over either the subway icon or bench icon to see it's new name.

- Edit Details - Click image to see larger view.

- Renamed Subway Lot - Click image to see larger view.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2020, 05:35:50 AM »
Wanted to chime in and say thanks for taking up support while I was away on a personal hiatus MrsFlynn.

For the community:  the worlds and their development are very much alive.  I'm planning a v2.1 release to fix the Central Park audience issues, and a future v3.0 release with some new things that were previously discussed (and a few things that weren't).  Suggestions, feedback, and so on are very welcome.

SV2020 - Development and Site Updates

--= Jaga

Offline computertech82

• NPC
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »
Downloaded this today, to check it out. Some of the houses are brilliant in design, but I noticed, that none of the empty houses, so far, has a single pet dish (or any other expansion items).

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2020, 05:01:40 PM »
Thank you for the compliment and the reminder that pet dishes/beds/toys aren't in any of the houses that have pets. I noticed this too awhile back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline computertech82

• NPC
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2020, 05:44:08 PM »
One thing I would note, The flying V coffeehouse is fairly famous for having sims fall through the world and never come back. Even Nraas doesn't help. Mostly happens to the worker assigned to the property. You have to know their name in order to reset them, but they will fall though again when they go back to work. I can still find my old post about in back in 2015, but I can't find the original post (a different person) about showtime properties. I don't remember if it was just the flying V property with that issue or if several have that issue.

Offline highsis

• NPC
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2020, 05:31:09 AM »
Thanks for the awesome mod.

I noticed that in the Chocolate version the iconic Landgraab family has been replaced with less prominent Wolff family from the same town; having played Sims from 1 this bothers me too much to play the Chocolate version although otherwise I would prefer it to vanilla. Could you restore Landgrabb family back to their house? I don't see why they had to be removed from their holdings being one of the three representative families of Sunset Valley.

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2020, 02:35:50 AM »
You can do that yourself :)

Launch SSV2020 Vanilla,or SSV regular world Then click on the three dots-edit town
Find the Landgrabb household then click on the household-click on save copy to library
At that point you can save the family (household only) OR the household with house up to you which one you want to save.
Click on the three dots again-main menu you will be asked if you want to save,no or cancel click on no as you won't be playing that save
Then launch your Chocolate save click on the three dots-edit town-click on the Landgrabb family in your library-place  copy-select lot-purchase lot-back to game and done :)
There a number of vacant lots so place them wherever you wish that is available and affordable
IF you decide to save the Landgrabb's with their own home then find an empty lot with the same lot size which would be 60X60 and there's not any 60X60's available in Chocolate :/

anything