Author Topic: Townie Skill-a-Thon  (Read 4242 times)

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2020, 04:53:40 PM »
I thought I would chime in with the "where you are from". Canadian here, but currently living in sunny Florida. Today was...ahem....80F! I'll try not to smile too much! lol  8)

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2020, 04:19:23 AM »
Haven't done a challenge in awhile and thought I'd just jump right back into an easy one.... hmmm. I might have miscalculated.

So I have a noob question; "The challenge ends on Week 4, Sunday, 8 a.m." That means the first day of week 4 or 3 sim weeks for the challenge, correct?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2020, 11:47:30 AM »
Haven't done a challenge in awhile and thought I'd just jump right back into an easy one.... hmmm. I might have miscalculated.

So I have a noob question; "The challenge ends on Week 4, Sunday, 8 a.m." That means the first day of week 4 or 3 sim weeks for the challenge, correct?

Welcome back. Nice to see you again. :) And yes, you are correct...the challenge ends on the first day of Week 4...3 full Sims weeks of game play would have passed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2020, 11:48:53 AM »
Get your mad skillz on and finish this challenge soon...post your scores no later than Sunday night. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Offline fivebyfive

• Nooboo
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2020, 04:24:56 PM »
12 Skills maxed = 1,200
50 Sims = 1.50

1,200 * 1.5 = 1,800

Really enjoyed this! Also experienced the unexpected fire.  ;D

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2020, 07:09:42 PM »
Thanks Metropolis Man. It's nice to break up the monotony with a challenge. Very strange playing without mods though. Almost like a different game entirely. Good luck to everyone. On my third attempt now. Hopefully done in time.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2020, 09:12:37 PM »
Get your mad skillz on and finish this challenge soon...post your scores no later than Sunday night. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Oh dear, seems I won't be getting to Week 4 Day 1 then for this one, between work retreats and reviews of work retreats and preparing for new work retreats, I got behind. Plus having to unexpectedly sleep away from home last night meant I'm well and truly behind where I need to be with the challenge!

I'll get as far as I can though, and score dismally again.

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sruixan

• Nooboo
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2020, 06:35:42 AM »
Technically speaking, Skylar Bhattacharya reached the end of his skilling spree without experiencing a fire - a townie managed to set something ablaze as he was standing outside their house, just before he could ask the housemate who was standing outside if he could move in. He'd been there for like ten in-game minutes, tops. Though I'd queued the move-in request, it was cancelled automatically due to the fire, and since Skylar hadn't yet knocked on the door, I'd no idea what was going on inside! He just shot the breeze with his "good friend" until the townies sorted it out - one occupant had the confident moodlet from having put the fire out, and another was tense from having witnessed it, but there was no visual evidence of anything having charred and everything seemed to be in order. So yeah, I'm now incredibly curious as to what it was that all you folks found so surprisingly flammable...

Anyway, on to the score: I'm showing my working partly to make sure I've got it right and partly in a bid to help anyone who's not entirely sure on the whole multiplier thing. First, the skill component - after maxing his initial skill in his "own" household, Skylar moved into 24 households where everyone maxed the designated skill, then one final household where not everyone did. This means 1 + 24 + 0 = 25 skills were maxed overall, for 2500 points. For the multiplier, I think it's best calculated by noting that it's +0.01 every time a score is maxed by anyone, be it a townie or your sim. The 24 fully successful households contained 76 townies between them and in the final household one occupant maxed the designated skill, so that's 0.77 from townies. Skylar's skill maxing contributes 0.25 by itself, so given that the multiplier starts at 1.00, its final value is 1.00 + 0.77 + 0.25 = 2.02. his brings Skylar's final score to 2500 x 2.02 = 5050 points, and that's why I wanted to check it carefully!

For my first proper, unhurried challenge, it was a jolly good time overall - being the spreadsheet fiend that I am, though, I think I may have enjoyed the planning side of things a bit more than I did the actual playing! A lot of the skilling got tedious very quickly, especially in the last week or so as my experience refined my micromanaging, but that's the game's problem, not the challenge's. Speaking of problems with the game, it was rather frustrating to discover a few instances where the game failed to apply bonus moodlets after I'd been very meticulous about attaining them, but since I can't expression my full vexation without talking strategy I'll save the whinging for after the challenge's closed! Still, many thanks to the challenges team for putting up with all my questioning, and good luck to those still finishing up. My score can be beaten... honest!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2020, 06:46:01 AM »
Great score, Sruixan. Wow! Thanks for sharing a detailed explanation of how you arrived at your score. That will be helpful for the late finishers. And thanks for not going into detail on what you did. You definitely have to save that for Monday. :)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2020, 08:05:19 PM »
Finished withh 900 for skill maxing and 1.25 for a multiplier, giving a final score of 1125.  Fun challenge!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2020, 06:33:26 AM »
@Ginj - it's been a long time. Nice to see you again.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »
Thanks, Metro! It's good to be back.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2020, 02:59:03 PM »
Nikki Wright maxed 16 households x 63 skills maxed. 1600 x 1.63 = 2,608

It would've been 17 households if it wasn't for mean ol' "possessed" Ted Roswell. He also aged to elder while skilling. His poor wife had such low fun helping him out I figured he could help her out in the end. Surprisingly she was sad to see him go but he left her with a present before he went to be with 'Mother' for all eternity. Such a simtastically perfect ending.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Online Kirstie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2020, 09:39:00 PM »
Hiya

Maxed skills was 1900 with a 1.55 multiplier for a total of 2945

- Kirstie

Offline trybat

• NPC
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2020, 06:53:48 AM »
This was my first challenge and I had a lot of fun with it (even though I started late) :)

Maxed skills: 17 = 1700 points
Multiplier: 1.2

Total points: 2040

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Thank you :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2020, 09:38:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum, trybat.

Offline Vesper

• Townie
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2020, 10:31:41 AM »
Maxed skills: 17 = 1700 points
Multiplier: 1.2

Total points: 2040

@trybat are you sure your score is correct? If 17 households each maxed a skill the minimum number of Sims involved is 33 (skills maxed multiplied by two, minus one) and you have listed only 20. Did you forget to count the Sim you created?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2020, 06:50:16 PM »
Lessur Taw got 200 at 1.05 for 210. (I also didn't get through the first week in game)

There you go, the low water mark.

No fires or anything like that, I ran out of real life time, and know I won't be able to do any more despite having 14 hours to go.

Also, I made a #badchoice for household #3.

Offline thefaeriesgirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2020, 08:03:10 PM »
Ugh! I thought I was doing so well on this one!

Skills 800 x HM 1.2 = 960

Congratulations to all of those high scores. Wow!

-Faeyth

Offline Ginj

• Occult
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2020, 08:20:10 PM »
I cannot wait to see the winning strategies for this one! i'd thought that mine was pretty awesome but I wasn't even in the ballpark.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2020, 08:43:38 PM »
My sim's households maxed 3 skills over 1.12 multiplier.  336 points.
Cynthia

Offline trybat

• NPC
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2020, 08:16:15 AM »
Oops, I totally messed up my scoring. I gave 100 pts for each sim that completed a skill rather than 100 pts for the household. So my actual score looks like this:

6 Households complete = 600
20 Sims skills completed = 1.20 multiplier

Total points = 720

Thanks for pointing that out. Please update my final score :)

I'll do better in the next challenge ;)

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2020, 08:31:24 AM »
I had fun with the challenge, as always. Unfortunately, the timing (on my real life) is not great and I don't think I can finish it in time. My sim is at her Week 3 day 5, almost finish. Would the team mind to accept my score at this point? If yes, 16 skills have been maxed with a multiplier of 1.63 = 2,608.

I really hope I can use this score as I want to participate. I couldn't join the next one because I don't have vampire, so this would mean a lot, pleaseee ;D.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2020, 08:33:00 AM »
I had fun with the challenge, as always. Unfortunately, the timing (on my real life) is not great and I don't think I can finish it in time. My sim is at her Week 3 day 5, almost finish. Would the team mind to accept my score at this point? If yes, 16 skills have been maxed with a multiplier of 1.63 = 2,608.

I really hope I can use this score as I want to participate. I couldn't join the next one because I don't have vampire, so this would mean a lot, pleaseee ;D.

Weeeeeell....since you said please. ;)

Offline Nikitachi

• Townie
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
Done with 21 skills and a multiplier of 1.93 :D

2100   x 1.93 = 4053