Author Topic: Totally Turning the Townies...Alphabetically  (Read 24051 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Totally Turning the Townies...Alphabetically
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2020, 04:07:35 AM »
Please forgive me if this is a silly question; I haven't played much at all with vampires.  Anyway, if I drink from Andrea without turning her, am I free to focus my attention on turning Alexis or is fangs puncturing skin sufficient for the deed in this challenge?

You have to use the action "Turn into Vampire" for it to count for this challenge.
When the vampire is then done with the whole sequence of mesmerising and biting etc. then you can count that sim as complete and go search for your next target.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2020, 11:02:54 AM »
Thanks, Lena! This challenge will certainly be an incentive to learn how to deal with vampires!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
I am excited about this one.  Patiently waiting for next week to get here ;)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2020, 12:30:57 AM »
Nobody is more excited about this challenge than me, I love Vampires, I'm a big supernatural/occult player and I am beyond pumped to play this! I am very impatiently waiting for this challenge to begin! :D

In the meantime in between practicing for this, I'm trying out the new Tiny Living pack before we have to disable it, so I can play with the murder Murphy bed before it gets nerfed. ;D

Oh, by the way, when I said that Morrigan Van Helsing is returning for this challenge, I was referring to a different alternate version of her because obviously I can't use the original again, so this may or may not be her evil clone twin. 8) Just thought I'd clarify that for the Challenge Team.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2020, 07:51:00 AM »
As threatened, having spent the morning poking around a practice file, I've got more questions! My first pair stem from two consecutive sentences in the general challenge rules, whilst the others are more general:

Missing community EA lots such as the spa, must be placed at the beginning of your file. You are free to travel and/or move to any neighborhood or town.
  • Though the event doesn't explicitly call for any of the missing community lots, can I still place some at the beginning?
  • Am I correct in interpreting that second sentence as permission to "Move Household" as many times as I like, so long as my sim always moves onto uninhabited residential lots?
  • Presumably the Seasons settings are player's choice, else they'd be mentioned in the general rules? I've gleamed that starting season and season length aren't forced, but this is the first time I'm thinking about altering the rain, snow and temperature effect options...
  • What's the stance on adding/changing/removing lot traits? I'd assume no touching community lots, but my sim's home lot would be fair game?
  • Finally, and most simply, can my sim sign up for career(s)? I don't see why not, but I figured I'd ask...
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: okay, turns out I've got another - can my sim hire a butler? I know for the Power Of Ten dynasty it was decided that one didn't count as a household addition, but different strokes and all that...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2020, 07:29:43 AM »
As threatened, having spent the morning poking around a practice file, I've got more questions! My first pair stem from two consecutive sentences in the general challenge rules, whilst the others are more general:

Missing community EA lots such as the spa, must be placed at the beginning of your file. You are free to travel and/or move to any neighborhood or town.
  • Though the event doesn't explicitly call for any of the missing community lots, can I still place some at the beginning?
  • Am I correct in interpreting that second sentence as permission to "Move Household" as many times as I like, so long as my sim always moves onto uninhabited residential lots?
  • Presumably the Seasons settings are player's choice, else they'd be mentioned in the general rules? I've gleamed that starting season and season length aren't forced, but this is the first time I'm thinking about altering the rain, snow and temperature effect options...
  • What's the stance on adding/changing/removing lot traits? I'd assume no touching community lots, but my sim's home lot would be fair game?
  • Finally, and most simply, can my sim sign up for career(s)? I don't see why not, but I figured I'd ask...
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: okay, turns out I've got another - can my sim hire a butler? I know for the Power Of Ten dynasty it was decided that one didn't count as a household addition, but different strokes and all that...

I'm pretty sure it's a "yes" to all of your questions. This is another event from Lena, so you might want to wait until she can give a solid answer. But, I'm pretty sure you can do everything you asked about.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2020, 05:36:14 PM »
I would say yes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2020, 01:30:17 AM »
Am I correct in interpreting that second sentence as permission to "Move Household" as many times as I like, so long as my sim always moves onto uninhabited residential lots?

I thought we couldn't move households unless a rule for a particular challenge states otherwise, I mean hasn't that always been a rule in the past or has that changed now? ???

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2020, 06:13:29 AM »
Am I correct in interpreting that second sentence as permission to "Move Household" as many times as I like, so long as my sim always moves onto uninhabited residential lots?

I thought we couldn't move households unless a rule for a particular challenge states otherwise, I mean hasn't that always been a rule in the past or has that changed now? ???

There is no General Rule preventing challenge Sims from moving at will. Specific challenge rulesets always override the General Rules, and there's nothing in this particular event preventing moving either.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2020, 10:26:06 PM »
Halfway through - will probably finish tomorrow night.  And all I can say is... well not much yet, but I am having fun with it.   8) :-X

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2020, 11:21:03 PM »
...and Volante Vaccari is done.  She turned 125 sims and is taking an early retirement. 

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2020, 02:47:51 AM »
Congratulations Teresa :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »
So my Sim died is that a straight up dnf or do I count my pitiful 42 Sims that I had turned. If anyone was wondering she died after gavin richards started a fire and the game sent her running out into blazing firey sun death and wouldn't let me send her back into the house because fire.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2020, 03:20:56 PM »
So my Sim died is that a straight up dnf or do I count my pitiful 42 Sims that I had turned. If anyone was wondering she died after gavin richards started a fire and the game sent her running out into blazing firey sun death and wouldn't let me send her back into the house because fire.

Rachel

Ack :( . That stinks, Rachel. Yeah, you definitely get the 42 to count. Gotcha covered.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2020, 03:08:07 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Ratchie, soon after reading that, a fire started on the house of a group of sims that Erich Von Carstein was visiting, but he got around the back and put it out, but couldn't find his target. :P