Author Topic: Acting Bug  (Read 2489 times)

Offline purenergy

• Llama Wrangler
Acting Bug
« on: April 17, 2020, 11:33:40 AM »
I have a sim who keeps getting gigs and then, when the time comes, they don't' send him to it. I have to cancel and get a new gig. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Offline Manderley

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Acting Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 01:11:12 PM »
Happening to me too.  EXTREMELY annoying since this was one of the MAJOR features of an expansion pack!  I believe it is a bug.  I tried this workaround with no success:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/8930411#M127294

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline purenergy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 01:18:04 PM »
Ok, thanks. Its super frustrating because that pack is basically worthless without the acting career.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 09:28:56 PM »
Has this been fixed yet?  My current sim might get into acting, but having to not save, not travel, not use CAS, no loading screens at all between gigs is unacceptable!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 09:46:43 PM »
Has this been fixed yet?  My current sim might get into acting, but having to not save, not travel, not use CAS, no loading screens at all between gigs is unacceptable!

No, it hasn't been fixed. And that "no loading screen, no going into CAS" stuff is only during the three-day period between the audition & gig.
Still, I found the acting career extremely slow compared to other careers. I mean, the time between gigs is about 5 days, and one doesn't get a promotion after every gig (without all the fame perks & Wishing Well).

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 03:55:48 AM »
I've done the acting career in the past, it's just the sim I have now has been there and done just about everything, so acting might be next.  She already is a 5-star celebrity, with Easy Street, so auditions aren't even necessary.  When I did it before, I usually got a new gig as soon as shooting ended on the previous one.  Oh, and also I have time slowed down with MCCC, so no save and close, no traveling, no CAS, for 3 days?  That's... a long time.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »
I've done the acting career in the past, it's just the sim I have now has been there and done just about everything, so acting might be next.  She already is a 5-star celebrity, with Easy Street, so auditions aren't even necessary.  When I did it before, I usually got a new gig as soon as shooting ended on the previous one.  Oh, and also I have time slowed down with MCCC, so no save and close, no traveling, no CAS, for 3 days?  That's... a long time.
I took an extended simming break in 2019 and only installed/played Get Famous this past February. I found the acting career very time-consuming and, as it was the last career in my legacy challenge, very annoying. Lol!
Even without auditions, working only every three days means the career takes forever to max.
If you're not worried about time, though, and now that the "prep tasks resetting after traveling to the set" bug is fixed, it's probably a fun career. haha

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline channa81

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 06:48:47 PM »
When Get Famous first came out I played a Sim who became an award winning actress and played every role. She never missed a gig. The game sent her to every gig.

Last week I started playing a new Sim and she wasn't sent to her first gig, confusing. She was sent to her second gig and she got Gold. The third gig she wasn't sent to. It's very frustrating when you don't know how to fix the problem, because I know it did work at one time.  I will try the go-around suggested above, thank you, but obviously the Acting expansion is not fun if you can't go to your acting jobs.   Help...

I should note that the first time when my actress career was successful i used testing cheats always for almost everything. This time, for the first time in 10 years, I am not using any cheats. It feels like forever to have to wait for the next audition with no cheats, that's like three meals a day, boring....