Author Topic: Autonomous behavior related to Sulani Mana  (Read 2298 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Autonomous behavior related to Sulani Mana
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:15:49 PM »
In my rotational game, the active household has started a club and and a volcanic meteor dropped near the house, which surprised me (because I can't use lot traits in this challenge yet).
Later, I noticed a club member with the Sulani Mana trait using Gift of Sulani on a recently-planted cowberry.

In my Power of 10 Dynasty (also rotational gameplay), I had seven generations with the Sulani Mana trait.
In that save, family members never cast Summon Meteors of Gift of Sulani autonomously when visiting the active household.

My Question: Have your sims been visited by their sim friends who autonomously use Summon Meteor and Gift of Sulani.
I don't mind Gift of Sulani, but meteors randomly falling on the lot is undesirable.

I'm wondering if this is how Sulani Mana works in rotational gameply or if my game is bugged.
Thanks for reading all that.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Autonomous behavior related to Sulani Mana
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 07:54:08 PM »
I haven't seen either of those animations used autonomously by Sims. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I'd say that perhaps the Gift of Sulani would be more likely to happen autonomously seeing the other plant based autonomous actions that NPC's use.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 12:59:30 AM »
I have seen it in rotational play once by a non active played sim randomly gift of sulanied a plant once. Never seen a meteor I didn't cause without the lot trait on the lot. But my game was so modded that could have effected it.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »
I have seen it in rotational play once by a non active played sim randomly gift of sulanied a plant once. Never seen a meteor I didn't cause without the lot trait on the lot. But my game was so modded that could have effected it.
In my Power of 10 Dynasty, visitors to the active household never autonomously performed Summon Meteor or Gift of Sulani. That dynasty ended 3 months ago.

In my current Build-A-City Challenge, the only difference is that I'm using MCCC. But, the autonomous Sulani Mana stuff suddenly happened last week with my 12th household in rotation.
That is, a member of my 1st household (Marlon) was invited to my 12th household's lot, where he used Summon Meteor & Gift of Sulani.
Marlon has been invited to visit the other 10 households as well (including another in Sulani), but he never did the autonomous stuff before. Seems to random to blame on MCCC.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 01:33:38 PM »
Well I had that mod installed when I noticed the behavior, and it has some story progressing features, so maybe it isn't that random.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 01:46:54 PM »
Thanks for confirming that. I looked around (ALL) the settings but couldn't find a related setting.

I called the behavior "random" because it didn't happen during the first 11 weeks of gameplay.
Then, during the 12th week, two sims with Sulani Mana (different households) are invited to the 12th household where they cast Summon Meteor.
I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's a bug, MCCC, or a glitched save.