Author Topic: Silly things that annoy you in the sims 4.  (Read 7737 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Silly things that annoy you in the sims 4.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 02:24:45 PM »
Automatic skill gain.

I don't have the same control over my Sims in Sims 4 as I do in Sims 3, despite autonomy being disabled. Because Sims will start interacting if approached by an NPC. Then they will start to gain charisma and humor and whatnot without me telling them to. This does not sit well with me. And I'm far from the worst of control-freaks. Plus, it feels like everything is a skill in Sims 4. I'm surprised that there is no burb, fart or turn-your-head skill.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 11:33:09 AM »
Autonomous cooking.

The Sim is hungry, so he/she goes to the fridge and cooks a single serving meal.  Now, you would think that, since they have a plate of freshly cooked food in their hand, that they'd just go ahead and eat it.  And, you would be wrong.  The Sim sets the meal down on the nearest surface, and then cooks another single serving meal.  But do they eat that one?  Hahaha, how silly!  Of course they don't eat that one!  Why would they eat that one?  No, they set that one down on the counter, too, and go to the fridge and grab yogurt and eat that, instead.   :o

And don't even get me started on their obsession with drinking water.  Take your eyes of the screen for even a fraction of a second and they got 27 glasses of water sitting around all over the place.  It's like they're living in an ocean lot, except that the ocean is in a bunch of drinking glasses.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2020, 02:40:42 PM »
@Hosfac  Both of those things are actual bugs.  The one with cooking, then cooking something else, seems to be recent.  The one with autonomous water drinking has been going on for quite a while- there's a hidden Thirst motive, so sims will occasionally get a drink on their own.  But at some point, it seems to have become bugged and doesn't get replenished when they grab a drink, so they keep drinking, and drinking, until they're finally interrupted by needing to pee.

Offline Dadjokes502

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 12:54:49 AM »
The rate at which you have to fix items. I have a several things break at once.
Cooking fires is another when your new and hardly any money to replace it.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 02:56:49 PM »
I built this great house and now when ever my sim goes near her computer, she gets squimish. its like there is garbage there but i cant see it. any ideas on how to fix it?

i hired a maid. the bad vibs went away. nice to have a happy sim again.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2021, 01:41:15 AM »
@Shay Sounds like your maid found the mess for you.  If it happens again, you can try going into BB and moving furniture to see if a dirty plate or trash pile is hiding under or behind it.  I'm seeing this happen a lot in Henford, with plates, eggs, or milk ending up hidden under counters and spoiling.

Just had this happen again!  This time it wasn't under a counter though.  It was up on a wall-mounted shelf that doesn't usually show in walls cutaway view, the way I play most of the time.  I moved the counters and fridge around TWICE trying to find it, and finally showed the walls and noticed this shelf.

Offline nomo

• Nooboo
  • Millennium hand and shrimp, bugrit
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2021, 06:32:49 PM »
Not a lot actually, but I find the bug process too slow and the troubleshooting over at AHQ quite silly; and most forums for this game are full of negative mean people and posts, so that can be annoying too I guess. This forum has more testing posts, and going back a long way, which can be very informative; but the official forum is very silly, which in turn makes me feel silly for playing a game with such an audience. But mostly I am very entertained by it! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 06:12:32 PM »
yes, I find it quite silly too. the forum has been helpful to me a few times. i love the game

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2022, 01:07:51 PM »
I hate job offers in this game.  If I wanted a new job, I would have applied to one of my own initiative.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2022, 02:52:46 PM »
I hate job offers in this game.  If I wanted a new job, I would have applied to one of my own initiative.
Yes, those are annoying.  Oddly, I don't get them anymore!  I don't know if I have a mod blocking them, or if having some pack disables it, but I haven't seen those in a long time.  Not that I'm complaining!

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2022, 09:58:11 PM »
Not knowing why kid A and B befriending adults was simple for completing social butterfly aspiration, but for kids C and D it is worse than pulling teeth.

Eventually kid C got there as well somehow, but kid D, no luck yet.

Meet new ya or older, kid d does respectful greeting, chats to adult, makes adult laugh, chats to adult, makes adult laugh etc etc etc. Nothing.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2022, 08:07:11 PM »
The painting camera system, it's completely unmovable, yet no one has to stand in one spot to take a picture for a painting. The Sims 2 and 3 allowed for almost limitless movement when trying to take a snapshot of something to paint. I just hate it, and never use painting as a result.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2022, 10:21:17 PM »
The painting camera system, it's completely unmovable, yet no one has to stand in one spot to take a picture for a painting. The Sims 2 and 3 allowed for almost limitless movement when trying to take a snapshot of something to paint. I just hate it, and never use painting as a result.

I think you need Discover University for this, but if you get the Digitalistic Sketchpad for your painter sim, you can start a painting from reference anywhere.  You aren't tied to an easel.
And if you use mods, on ModtheSims there's a "Paint from Reference Anywhere" mod.  You don't need Discover University for this.  It adds a "Start a Painting from Reference" option to any camera.  You take the photo, and then a blank canvas appears in your inventory.  It can be placed on an easel and completed from there.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2022, 07:25:30 PM »

I think you need Discover University for this, but if you get the Digitalistic Sketchpad for your painter sim, you can start a painting from reference anywhere.  You aren't tied to an easel.
And if you use mods, on ModtheSims there's a "Paint from Reference Anywhere" mod.  You don't need Discover University for this.  It adds a "Start a Painting from Reference" option to any camera.  You take the photo, and then a blank canvas appears in your inventory.  It can be placed on an easel and completed from there.
Thank you for the tips, that's super cool, I'll finally be able to get into painting again.  ;D
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2022, 01:58:47 PM »
One of my biggest peeves is that every time sims visit, I have to lock the computers in rooms or visiting sims will use them. Why isn't it considered rude to just jump on someone else's laptop?

Washing dishes in the bathroom also irks me! I had a small house where they constantly did this because the bathroom sink was just slightly closer than the kitchen one. It drove me nuts.

Sims going to bed when their needs are just turning yellow.  No.  Pee and get a snack, then go to bed, so you don't wake up screaming that you're starving and about to wet yourself.

This one is mod-related to an adult mod, but... I hate it when visiting sims will decide it's time to woohoo on one of my sims' beds.  I don't mean sims in romances with sims in the household, but both parties are visitors.  Married couple neighbors, and once even the spirits in Sulani made themselves waaaaay too much at home in my sims' house!